Is Berkeley worth reading?

Is Berkeley worth reading?

If you want to understand the history of Western philosophy, yes. At least read the Three Dialogues.

>Is a philosopher before frege worth reading?
No user

did u know that berkeley always surrounded himself with people and that one day he was left all alone for like not even one minute and he just like straight up disappeared

Yes, but only because his arguments are pretty easy to refute

Kant and Hume were the major sparring partners which makes Berkeley not much better than a punching bag, but at least you wont hurt your hands.

6/10 p good meme

uh he wouldnt disappear bc god will still be watching DUMB ASS

Who watches God?

If I am left alone to masturbate, is it only happening in the eyes of god and not in real life?

His defense of Christianity is pretty interesting

nous

so you're telling me you can be the demiurge and be watched by nous?

The Monad can't watch the Demiurge, that shit would be redundant

no it wouldn't, because you can be psyche and not be nous, and you can be nous and not be in a psyche

But you are in Nous. That's how you can utter shath in the first place fool!

DAMN! that's some gnostic shit right there man!

Explain Berkeley to me pleasee

>all the retards who never read berkley mocking berkley
he is fine. even if you disagree with him he is genius

r edi eolkate s reado boks

if god wants to still have an asshole, does he need to have a complex system of mirrors so he can always keep an eye on his rectum

god is thoughts themselves all of reality is his thoughts

>they fell for the dogmatical metaphysics meme
absolute plebians

youre prob a materailist LOL

Ideally, yes

I Kant say yes.

Although Kant really does decisively refute Berkeley's immaterialist thesis, I think that Berkeley provides very instructive lessons in philosophy. The Principles and the Dialogues are very good.

Of course, if you don't accept the Kantian framework, then Berkeley's thesis, in my view, still holds fairly strong.