Cous cous

I've recently only discovered cous cous, yeah shut up I know it's been around for a long time.

Anyway my favourite way to prepare it right now is simply with a chicken stock cube and some parsley or something else to make it look nice.

What alternate ways can it be prepared that are very basic (less than 5 ingredients)?

Bump

Would I get some replies if I posted a picture of the best fast food sandwich?

Cuscous tomato soup

Yes

Stock is the right way user.
Fish stock is pretty much the most traditional and widespread couscous you can make, but really any kind of stock works.
Also check out tabbouleh; while it should be made with bulgur, couscous is basically the same shit but smaller, and it's mostly a technique rather than a recipe.

The best way to prepare it is to throw the box in the bin and grill a steak.

I just like to make a sort of couscous salad. Cut up some vegetables, obviously including onion and garlic, fry them a bit, add some tomato paste, beans and maybe spices, add some stock then pour the couscous in and let it cook. Then you have a nice mixed couscous salad which can be eaten on its own or used as a side dish for a lot of main courses.

If you like couscous, try char grilled polenta

Nobody LIKES couscous, that's not the point

Plain cook it with water, Add white salad cheese, bell pepper and some herbs of choice to said couscous.

Done.

Diced chicken (best use thighs)
Paprika
Cumin
Onions
Bell Peppers
Eggs

Fry onions spices, pepper in wide pan with lid, add chicken and fry off, sprinkle couscous in, add stock and crack a few eggs in.

Lid on and simmer for about 5 minutes until couscous is done and eggs are set

Couscous is great. Wtf are you on about?

It's the food so nice they named it twice.

Are you American? Nobody else outside your sheltered world eats Mexican food.

Wtf is white salad cheese and where can I buy it?

>bell peppers

Gross. It's called capsicum and the name doesn't make it taste any better.

I often eat it with that bag of frozen couscous vegetables. 1€ per kilo (1 dollar for 2.2 pounds) so it's very fucking cheap and still quite good as there are a lot of different vegetables in there, but as far as you're concerned it's only one additionnal ingredient.

That's why we have multicolors. I'm losing interest in greens really, and I can't find pure red seeds. I settled on yellow-purple variants, which are fucking shit too, but at least they're not greens.
What I really want is ancient reds but I forgot to get seeds from them last year and now I'm hating myself.

Couscous is fucking nasty guys.

>(1 dollar per 2.2 pounds)

It's alright man, I live in a first world country

stock cube, frozen peas, cajun spices.

prawns, curry powder, dried oregano.salt

capsicum, eggplant, tomato paste, mixed herbs, salt

Cumin, turmeric, oregano, thyme. salt.

Thanks senpai I will be sure to try these.

Pic related for everyone who didn't contribute to this thread like you did..

For me it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich.