NYC Food

soon my girlfriend and I will be visiting New York City

where are some good places that an Australian couple can try some of the best American cuisine?

I'm talking
>pizza
>wings
>hotdogs
>bagels
>burgers
>shakes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zxxdIt8BISE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

go to chicago instead and experience the greatest article of american cuisine

Pizza: Davincci's or Grimaldi's
Wings: Old Town Bar and Grill
Hotdogs: street vendors, nothing beats a dirtywater dog
Bagels: Absolute Bagels
Burgers: Bubba's Burgers, note...you're going to be in Hudson Heights, Manhattan/Yakee Stadium area of the South Bronx, daytime travel only. Worth it.
Shakes: Butter and Scotch

For pizza, Sbarros in midtown, no questions asked

>Wings
Joe's pizza, Kesté pizza. Often you'll find a perfectly good priced pizza right on the corner; cheap, delicious, no frills. Just look around.

>hotdogs
>bagels
Try the dirty-water dogs and bagels in the carts.
If not, head to Nathan's Famous for hot dogs, it's by Coney island anyway, which you should check out. It's nothing over-the-top, but definitely a classic dog.

>shakes
Shake shack

If you want some fancy shit, use Google/Yelp.

Try using google you fucking idiot

thanks for the recommendations thus far. I'm getting really excited. I live in Melbourne and you can find decent American food but it's so fucking expensive and you know it's not the real deal.

I did use google, I searched google images for 'Dr Pepper and a pizza'

my nigga lol

Give it a few hours for "real" New Yawkers to wake up and tell you all about their good places

Chopped cheese from a bodega that has a cat in the bronx

desu you don't want to go to the bronx tho

5 guys idiot

It's already 10 on the East Coast ya dolt

Johns on Bleeker is the classic NYC pizza.

That's the autistic cousin of a philly cheese steak

La Morada in The Bronx for Mexican

>recommending dirty water dog vendors

There are so many food vendors in NYC though.

It depends on your budget and what you are looking for OP?

Some of my favorites are:

Pio Pio
>Peruvian restaurant in Manhattan. They have a Matador combo for only $38 and they give you a LOT of food.

Obao
>Thai and Vietnamese restaurant in Hell's Kitchen

Luke's Lobster
>Famous for their lobster rolls, but they have also have crab and shrimp.

Artichoke
>Known for their Artichoke pizza slice.

Thighs & Pies
>Go to the one in Williamsburg. They specialize in Southern food, but their best item is the chicken biscuit.

Charles Southern Diner
>Their gut busting soul food buffet is totally worth the price.

Hill Country NYC
>Good selection of BBQ meats. I think it's ok, but white people seem to go gaga for this place.

Momofuku Noodle Bar and Momofuku Milk Bar
>Another place that white people go gaga for. In all the times I've eaten at this place I only ever had ONE dish I liked from here, but I think that David Chang has perfected the art of ripping whites off.

The Cinnamon Snail
>Located in the Pennsey in MSG they specialize in vegan food. You may or may not be a vegetarian, but I highly recommend it. Also, try their vegan desserts.

188 Bakery Cuchifrito's
>located in Fordham Rd of the Bronx and they offer a lot of Spanish food. Good if you are a huge fan of fried stuff and meat.

The Pio Pio in queens is better.

If you have the time, drive to the Finger Lakes. The region is about 50% wineries, 30% breweries, and 15% restaurants. The other 5% is weed.

New York pizza is literally just cheese toast, stay as far from it as you can

Classic Italian pizza is often even thinner than a New York pie.
Get your dirty fucking Chicagoan/Pizza chain ass out of here.

>Classic Italian pizza is...

....not made from Sysco tomato sauce, Sysco cheese, and slapped down on Sysco flour dough. 90% of "jen-u-wine New Yawk city" pizza is.....which is why it's shit.

Uh huh...all selling the same Hebrew National dogs. Good luck finding a pork based hotdog on the streets and not paying out the ass for "Knockwurst" which is literally just a fat hotdog. Nathan's famous is also beef based and certified Halal/Kosher. Just an fyi.

Absolutely no difference between dirtywater dogs or something tourists pay $10 for at Nathan's. Also, who wants to Vacation in Queens? Coney Island is named after an actual Island in Ireland...i'd rather go there.

>going to South Bronx for a fucking hamburger
The only thing worth eating around there is La Morada, althoughwhile you're up there Patsy's in East Harlem has the best slice in the city
>Artichoke
Lol, give me a break. It's fine but it's baffling how NYU students go crazy over it
>may not be a vegetarian,
Dear Veeky Forums, vegan and vegetarian are not the same thing, please learn the difference
Wings are terrible, but if you absolutely insist, the Koreans make the least shitty wings around. There are several joints in Ktown for that

Also the best shake in the city is Eisenberg's, it's literally the only good thing they make

>not seeing the Yankees when in New York

>michelin 3-star meal or being bored and listening to people yell over nothing while eating microwaved food
Hmm, I wonder which I'd rather do with a couple of hundred bucks and 3 hours

Let's not bankrupt our Aussie friend here by suggesting a bankees game.

>doesn't like baseball
>thinks Michelin restaurants take walk-ins, not booked many months in advance

You're an idiot. I smell the Westchester on you. Stay up there. Stop coming here unless it's to work, then go back.

OP spends more on McDonald's because minimum wage is $20 in Australia. You're retarded.

t. guy who has never been to a michelin restaurant

also even if it's like EMP or some shit, if someone is flying in from australia it's probably not tomorrow morning. you can plan ahead. by "you" I mean most people, I realize you personally probably cannot because you have some kind of developmental disability
>Westchester
t. staten islander

The ONE Michelin restaurant on the planet without requiring advanced reservations MIGHT be that chicken stand in Asia, whatever country it's in, I forget. Most also have a dress code.

Staten Island is the burbs man. Former landfill. Congratulations on sorta being a part of this city.

Protip: only idiots would assume stadiums capable of holding 50,000+ charges $1,000 for every seat.

Robertas and Emily's

>The ONE Michelin restaurant on the planet without requiring advanced reservations MIGHT be that chicken stand in Asia, whatever country it's in
No, like I said, you've never eaten anywhere nice. Stop talking.

Call any Michelin rated restaurant in New York right now and Vacaroo the conversation. I'll wait.

It's Saturday an hour before dinner

Protip: if you want a last-minute table at a starred joint you go for midweek lunch. Dinner can work too if you're willing to sit at the bar. I realize this is irrelevant to you because your idea of fine dining is some sad red sauce joint at Little Italy, but maybe the op will find it useful

You're the one saying reservations don't matter in establishments where people cross the planet just to dine at. No excuses, give them a call man. I'm sure they'll help you out.

Another protip: now is dinner service. BoH has been prepping for this very moment since 3pm or earlier. Also confirmed for non-restaurant worker. How embarrassing.

>little Italy

You mean the one street that chinks haven't bought, yet? Arthur Ave is where the guidos got pushed out to, also left due to white flight. Scared of slants for some reason. Dem karate chops hurt desu senpai.

>soon my girlfriend and I will be visiting New York City

We look forward to your visit, goy, er....user. Make sure you bring lots of shekels!

>You're the one saying reservations don't matter
No, I'm saying you don't need MONTHS IN ADVANCE like you seem to believe. Plenty of starred joints can accomodate last minute requests. There are spots that have been listed for YEARS, the "months out" is for the hype places that didn't exist last year and suddenly got a 2 or 3 star out of nowhere

> Also confirmed for non-restaurant worker
Ah, restaurant worker. That explains a lot. You can't afford to go through normal channels to eat well so all you have to go on is extreme cases you read about or heard about.

Well, I can afford to go through normal channels, and I have never made a reservation more than 2 weeks out except for out of town guests who were hellbent on eating at some place they read about on facebook

Awful lot of crying for someone who's supposed to be on Vocaroo right now.

>I have nothing left to say so I'll just shitpost
Ok, here's a (You)

No one ITT said months in advance. You're floundering man give up.

Your actual words. Are you just hoping that the post disappears? You must get banned a lot.

So just to confirm you think someone will get bumped to accomodate tourists, like that chink doctor who got rekt on United?

What an embarrassment bridge and tunnel people are. Call literally anywhere and see if you can get a seat for next Saturday evening. If you're successful I'll Paypal you $50. Legit.

You're talking to more than one person at this point...

You just keep yo' white ass outa' Harlem, nigga!

Bill Clinton has an office in Harlem, has for 20 years. Hudson Heights is almost exclusively white Jewish, also in Harlem, surrounded by Washington Heights and Morningside Heights, the worst neighborhood's in Manhattan. Spanish Harlem is also a shithole.

It's not a question of "think". There's often space at the bar, and there are often open tables. Usually at lunch, and sometimes at dinner. You just need to pick a spot that isn't brand new and hyped like crazy. You can "I bet I bet I bet" all you want, but it just shows your lack of experience.

>muh saturday evening
You're awfully desperate to win here. You realize a tourist from Australia doesn't just show up on Saturday afternoon and fly back on Sunday morning?

Come to the village....but leave your girl at the hotel.

I'll start making calls at some point if you don't. I really don't have much else to do after I get done feeding my son. Call ANY Michelin rated establishment which serves food, call them and ask for a table next Saturday. Should be easy considering what you say happens. It's not like tourists WANT to have a pleasant evening in the crisp spring air, walking around enjoying their evening, they want to eat in the middle of the day of the prix fixe doocart. You're right...

Only Christopher street is for faggots, which coincidentally has the highest median earning capacity of any district or neighborhood. Chelsea is a nice place to live.

>Spanish Harlem is also a shithole.

Stay out of our hood too, puta.

I would go to Harlem just to see this preacher speak.

youtu.be/zxxdIt8BISE

Mexicans don't live in Spanish Harlem, Dominicans, Cubans and Puerto Ricans do. Mexishits commute from the Bronx.

>"You're demon possessed white trash faagggootttss!!!"

>demon possessed nigger faggots

>dirty-water dogs
Americans boil their hot dogs??

At what point will you admit you were wrong? Can you even?

You stay out Chinatown.
White not welcome!

As soon as you call and make reservations at ANY Michelin rated establishment which serves food, for next Saturday evening.

Then, say getting drunk at the Yankees game is fun-onna-bun.

Who else is stupid enough to buy fake purses and bootleg DVDs? Chinks LOVE white people shopping and eating at their businesses. Used to be able to buy M80s in Chinatown when I was a kid, now you can't even get sparklers. Shame.

This guy represents the stereotypical reason why people think they hate NY'ers.

t. flyover

GET THAT LESBO WITCH ON TELEVISION, FAGGGOOTTTTTT, YA FREAK!

You said "months in advance", not "6:30 PM tonight"

I get it, you can't admit you were wrong. But you're wrong, you know you're wrong, and everyone can see you're wrong. Now go feed your wife's son

>Christopher street is for faggots, which coincidentally has the highest median earning capacity of any district or neighborhood.

It's almost as if not having a leeching female to bankrupt your tired working ass, or having any kids to raise, increases a groups expendable income.

Funny how that works.

>hurrrrr flyover

Call and let's see. Thanks.

He's probably not even a NYer, he talks like that british guy with the drunk dad who likes to start arguments over nothing in NY threads

Call and see, just for next weekend though.

Lots of faggots have kids. Especially here. All chink babies, Russia cut off the flow of white babies to Yankeedoodles.

>Lots of faggots have kids.

Sure they do, user.

Sure they do.

They get married and adopt all the time, trying desperately to "fit in" to society even though everyone knows they're birthdefects which need extermination.

Look how normal this family is user, 2 wives and their so..uhh I mean daughter. TOTALLY NORMAL.

Forgot the family photo. Look how happy.

:^)

>greatest article of american cuisine
that's not much of a compliment

they need extermination indeed

Actually there are a lot of Mexicans in East Harlem, but it's still mostly Puerto Ricans/Dominicans.

Flyover stuck in 1985 detected

Also, those are Salvadorans in his picture.

bump

yeah this is totally the rule and not some weird publicized exception :^)

NYC looks like a hellhole based on this thread

it's not

It's the most sought after city in the US

Yes. The rule of nature.

Procreation can't happen with 2 of the same half. Get it?

Neck yourself nancy.

The only Mexicans I've ever seen in Manhattan are prepcooks, maids and doormen. I don't extensively travel into Spanish Harlem door-by-door, but I've never seen a South American there in my experience...just different varieties of coconutniggers and their pidgin banter.

There aren't that many Mexicans in Manhattan overall, but there is a Mexican Enclave in East Harlem.

Every other borough has a fuckton of Mexicans, though.

It's a nice place

There are lots of jealous red state cucks on Veeky Forums for some reason

I wonder if the average stormcuck lives in a trailer park and has never been to a big city

Hearing that makes me feel special for some reason.

It's a fucking shithole.

Urbanite faggots always try to convince people otherwise to make themselves feel better about living like a rat among millions of rats.

you live in a trailer park

Nope.

I own my 3 BR house on a half acre of land in my white neighborhood scattered among ranch land.

Nice try though, urbanite.

Says the faggot living in Pisswater, Okiedokie.

>Muh little dumpster town is teh best!

>NYC is a shithole!
>My flyover town of 3,000 is way better!
>We have one diner and it's better than anything NYC has to offer!

Maccas

see

Their damage control is that their bumblefuck town is better because it's white

>3 BR is anything special
>Half acre of land kek
>"Ranch land"

Go back to fucking your sister-wife, camoboy.

But life in NYC is pretty bad. If it wasn't for jobs and food, I would definitely move out of this town and move far from thischool place. Goodbye overpriced rent and faggots

You seem upset, sunshine.

>lol cheap land and homes are overrated haha I love paying out of my pocket for scraps in the CITY!

sour grapes

Shut the fuck up, you've never been to NYC. In fact, you've never been out of your county, total population 10,000.

>Sunshine

I'm surprised you didn't go with "snowflake" this time, Bobby Ray.