How do you make your chili?

How do you make your chili?

I use a jar of sauce cos I'm a lazy cunt

Is it like premade spaghetti sauce, just chili sauce instead? I honestly don't think I've ever seen it.

Con carne

Con sea bass

Chilean Malbec is fantastic.

Random thought.

Con carne y frijoles.

2 cans of tomato sauce, 2 cans worth of water, 2 cans of kidney beans, 1 lb ground beef/venison, half bottle of chili seasoning, minced garlic, chipotle powder, an onion, and whatever else i feel like throwing in.

Friendly reminder that if you don't put beans in your chili, it's meat sauce.

Yeah it's chilli con carne flavoured, with kidney beans.

Obviously I still put onions, garlic, beef and chillies in afterwards. I just can't nail the chilli ragu.

What if you don't eat carne? Chilli Con?

Are you serious?

>What if you don't eat carne

>Chili Con?

Y'all don't eat it with meat?

Con carne = with meat

I was memetexting that someone doesn't eat carne. I imagine that would be chili sin carne.

Someone finally said it.

>fry two large diced onions and two diced green peppers on low until they're slightly caramelized
>add ground beef and brown until just a bit of pink is left
>drain and return to pot
>add a jar of strained tomatoes, two cans of diced tomatoes, 5 cloves minced garlic, 4 tablespoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, a small quarter teaspoon of horseradish, half a teaspoon of marmite, and salt and cayenne pepper to taste
>simmer to your desired level of flavor integration and tenderness (I usually do 90-120 minutes)
>add fresh ground pepper at the end and the forbidden canned beans if you seek transgression like me

It's not fancy but it's good and cheap

con Balas

ground beef or turkey (really, not bad). lots of ancho chile power, california chile powder, new mexico chile powder. sauteed onions. garlic, cocoa powder, beef stock, canned crushed tomatos, sliced jalapenos, cayenne, black pepper. raw onions when served. got to be maroon colored.

See, this is what I wanted to hear: new angles on the dish as a whole.

With beef and homemade chili paste. Also with cornbread.