Is it even possible for meatloaf to be good?

Is it even possible for meatloaf to be good?

Yes.

as long as you don't ruin it with ketchup

No

Not unless it's vegan!

what part of "meat" don't you understand

tofu is not meatloaf

Yes. Mushroom and onion gravy with mashed potatoes is good stuff once and a while.

Hating meatloaf is an age old meme born from poorly written TV shows, much like hating broccoli or brussel sprouts while raving about how good chicken soup and bagels are.

yeah boy- adding lots of grated veges like carrot and parsnip help to keep it nice and moist yumyum the one in yr pic looks like fkn shit tho mate

I've had some good meatloaf, I don't really know what the difference between good and bad meatloaf is. I don't eat meat anymore and all attempts at fake meatloaf I've tried are pretty weak.

Meatloaf was never really a favorite of mine anyway.

MEAT LOAF IS DELICIOUS YOU FUCKING SWINE

Yes. Probably the best way to enjoy meatloaf is cook it with mustard on one side, BBQ sauce on the other and covered in onions.

>Hating meatloaf is an age old meme born from poorly written TV shows, much like hating broccoli or brussel sprouts
This. There is some "poor people food" association as well, since you are basically taking the cheapest per person food and thinning it out further with fillers. A few other poor people foods include: salisbury steak, minute steak..no need to get into labor intensive foods like chitlins.

Anyway, the second "eww" component is ordering it when you are not at home, because it involves hands overtouching your food a bit too much during mixing, and could contain secret untoward things. Mystery meat is born or the germaphobe is like uh uhhhh.

In my family, one grandma made it very well but probably only once every other year and then and only then to highlight homemade canned chili sauce, the other probably never ordered it once, not even in a restaurant. My mom considered it expensive to make and would prefer to buy ny strips then pay $8/lb for ground sirloin x 3/lbs for a batch. It was special occasion food, and also, living in Florida, if you're going to turn on an oven against the A/C bill in a grand way for 45-60mins or more, it's probably only for lasagna or a roast.

Yes, just don't use fucking ketchup

nice blog post faggot

Oddly enough, from the widespread usage of ground beef in various "poor people foods", such as hamburger helper, the prices of ground beef have gone up significantly.

Why would I buy ground chuck for about $4/lb when there's a boston butt for $1/lb, decently marbled strips on sale for $3.50/lb, or even chicken thighs for less than a dollar a pound?

My mother makes a sauce out of brown sugar and ketchup, which we use on our meatloaf. I'm sure it's probably one of the most unhealthy things you can eat, but it's good.

Word user. Too many people look at the total cost of an item (not just food stuffs) instead of the price per lb or oz. My wife showed me the error of my ways.

I think she stole that recipe from someone.

These are the same people that effectively spend $28/lb for beef jerky.

I love that HEB has price per ounce on nearly all items, and the price per pound is clear on meats.

Whats HEB cu/ck/?

>$28/lb for beef jerky

I used to buy jerky from Sam's Club thinking it was a good deal, but I was paying $14 for 13 oz. Finally got woke af and now I don't buy jerky unless I really crave it. I know I could make it, but I'm too lazy.

this, personal experience is that pork and chicken are consistently far cheaper than beef. of course that depends on region and you can still find shit heavily marked down if it's at or near its sell by date (got ground bison for $1/lb once, shit was so cash)

a texas grocery store chain
though safeway stores (safeway, tom thumb, randalls) and kroger also have their prices per oz/lb clearly marked, so it's not hard to shop intelligently as long as you know to look for it

You are aware there was a major drought a few years ago killing off large numbers of cattle, correct?

Ah but nothing goes better with grandmother's famous meatloaf than a little bit of Chef Heinz tomato jam

Jerkey is like beef hash. Of course it's not going to be cheap. There's a few steaks in a bag.

I chopped up a lot of shiitake mushrooms and oyster mushrooms in a meatloaf, ground up my own beef and pork and mixed it with carmelized onions (deglazed in shitty bourbon), italian breadcrumbs, eggs, Worcester sauce, fresh parsley, salt, pepper, and a touch of nutmeg and it came out amazing. The mushrooms really added the texture that other meatloafs were lacking. Served it with a homemade gravy and homemade buttermilk mashed potatoes. Super good but for that amount of work I could just get steak and it automatically be delishious. But a good meatloaf is possible.