"I don't feel like doing anything."

"I don't feel like doing anything."
-Soren Kierkegaard

"But which 'I' is the self which refuses the purely dialectical mode of doing? For by doing nothing the self has accepted his suffering and is this in despair and this despair is indeed a less dangerous despair than the despair experienced by the self refusing to acknowledge the self. The cogent act of doing nothing, the conscious choice to be content with the act of nothingness is in this sense a self recognizing its own self and, one shutters to think of it, embraces his despair."

Post more

"I would prefer not to."
-Bartleby

That's why Americans are wrong anout everything

Is Kierkegaard just depressing to read if you are atheist/agnostic, but very interesting and enlightening if you are a Christian? That's the sense I got from him, still need to read more though

"Without daring, then, to appeal to Lessing, without daring definitely to refer to him as my guarantor, without putting anyone under obligation to want, because of Lessing's renown, most dutifully to understand or to claim to have understood something that brings the one who understands into a dubious relation to my lack of renown, which certainly is just as repelling as Lessing's renown is compelling- I now intend to present something that I shall, what the deuce, ascribe to Lessing, without being certain that he would acknowledge it, something that I in teasing exuberance could easily be tempted to want to foist upon him as something he said, although not directly, something for which in a different sense I in admiration could enthusiastically wish to dare to thank him, something that in turn I ascribe to him with proud restraint and self-esteem, just out of generosity, and then again something that I fear will offend or bother him by linking his name to it. One rarely finds an author who is such pleasant company as Lessing. And why is that? I think it is because he is so sure of himself. All this banal and easy association of someone exceptional with someone less exceptional- one is a genius, a master, the other an apprentice, a messenger, a day laborer, etc.- is prevented here. If I wanted to be Lessing's follower by hook or by crook, I could not; he has prevented it. Just as he himself is free, so, I think, he wants to make everyone free in relation to him, declining the exhalations and impudence of the apprentice, fearful of being made a laughingstock by the tutors, a parroting echo's routine reproduction of what has been said."
-Soren Kierkegaard

Read The Present Age

"Anxiety is the dizzying heights of freedom."

Kierkecool was wrong on absolutely nothing.

Kierkegaard is both depressing and very interesting and enlightening no matter what you are desu

Me irl

whoa... so this is... the power of rebel mindset...

Oh no you insulted him now you're going to face the wrath of this man

Are you camwhoring on Veeky Forums?

No that's actually an image of that Rebel tripfag. We on /leftypol/ tend to mock him with the pictures of him because of how retarded he is.

Post your butt next Rebel

>leftypol
>mocking anyone else

Hey I heard that Kanye is a Kierkegaardian

>west
>philosophy
pick one

>tfw you will never be this intelligent
He was one of the last truly great philosophers.
Such a shame.

The West has something better than Philosophy. It's called balls.

fucking rekt xD

"I just wanna lay in my bed."
-Arthur Schopenhauer

lazy cunt

Real quote? Sounds fake.

Translations lose something of the originals of course.

Stupid meme philosophers

Did he really say that? Because that is basically me.

Did he propose any way of getting out of it? Because i'm 26 now and i'd like to start living.

Those aren't the eyes of a retard desu desu, I can tell these things.

"Don't feel like picking up my phone."
-Voltaire

"Just kill me" - nietzsche

To go into despair and then to find God. Read Concluding Unscientific Postscript, The Sickness Unto Death, and Fear and Trembling

"And I thought at 15 that I'd have it down by 16... and 24's breathing in my face"
-Soren Kierkegaard

"I want to feel like I feel when I'm asleep."
-Soren Kierkegaard

>"And 24 keeps pounding at my door... like a friend you don't want to see"

- Johannes de Silentio

"Anyway, I hope my book is not a bore.
I now present: Either/Or."

Holy Christ... you guys like this shit?

He ripped it off from Elliott Smith too, what a hack.

underrated post

"Forgive me for my absence... I was writing my book: Philosophical Fragments." - Soren Kierkegaard

Holy fuck guys you are all idiots. I can't believe people care what Veeky Forumsfags think

That was such a good story. Melville was seriously ahead of his time.

No it wasnt

>"You ain't saying nothing that I don't already know when you say life takes turns like fiery shadows" -Soren Kierkegaard
Damn man what'd he mean by this

>the name Soren is derived from the name Severus which means severe or serious
>Kierkegaard was a very serious, depressed, and dour man
What did Ma and Pa Kierkegaard mean by this?

Go fuck yourself

I am inclined to say no

"Sometimes...life [is]...hard" -Kierkegaard

Judging by his family story, I would be depressed as well. Not to mention he was sickly for most of his life.

Soren Snape

Just kidding pal haha positive vibes

Wanna hang out next weekend?

I'd rather you go fuck yourself

wanna play cs?

>Le Leap of Faith man

More like Soren Kirkretard amirite.

Why do you constantly have to Tripfag where ever you go?

>man
That's a boy.

Out of my way, tripfag.

>Leap of Faith
>of

Quit roleplaying like you actually read books and go back to /v/.

Why is Kierkegaard so sad?

>tfw gf

"Your violence always wins the day. Yes. Your violence wins."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

I would prefer not to tbqhwyf
Video games aren't my thing lad

well essentially when he was married to regina he had two conflicts. one he believed that love was something that always would fade and that marital life and romantic love couldn't coexist but rather one either had to have family or love but not both. the other was that he felt that the pursuit of family and status for family and statuses sake was an empty pursuit. thus he left regina the woman he loved because he believed that love would die and couldn't bear to see it gone. the other was to pursue meaning in a world that seemed fundamentally meaningless to him. which led to his leap of faith.

Damn what a fucking cuck literally weeaboo tier "i cant luv her cuz shes too pure xd"

Pretty much. Kiekegaard was a nearly dysfunctional feelfag.