High school memories

I remember carrying around a copy of Mediations and reading it when I had finished work. I did the same with The Art of War and the Zen Sourcebook.

I can't help but think I looked like an autistic spurd.

are you just using the word spurd because it looks like a good derogatory word to add there or do you think of yourself as a wad of cum with fecal matter in it?

also, i did the same thing with the portable nietzsche

>reading in public
>ever

I can't read books outside the quiet comfort of my moms basement

i just remembered that i even took photos of aphorisms that i liked that i found in the book. yes this was three years ago.

Surely better than practicing self-denial throughout high school

I remember reading dragonlance and star wars novels and shit in class a lot, and the other kids would routinely grab the books out of my hands and draw on them and shit, then throw them back to me.

I was reading pic related one time, and this super hot girl came up to me and grabbed the book out of my hands, and looked at it, then said "Does your mom know you're reading this?" and threw the book at me, and laughed with her girlfriends over the fact that I did nothing to retaliate.

Only revenge I kinda got was like 10 years later, I was jogging down the road, and I went passed this rented house that was famous for meth heads renting it, and she was there. Her dog ran out to chase me, and I picked it up and walked back to the house, and I recognized her. She was like 50 pounds overweight now, and looked awful. I could see she recognized me, and I handed her dog back and said, "Does your mom know you're living here?" thinking that would just blow her shit away. She just looked at me like, "Uh, what?" and I just walked sheepishly away and kept on jogging.

Both.

I used to do that and ppl hated me and called me pretentious bc i would talk about philosophy + lit when it was related to convos and ppl didn't understand and couldn't be fucked asking for an explanation

Kek she wanted your dick user

Are you me

Yes

No she didn't.

8/10 post. You're a little bitch Boi it seems but comfy post.

Don't fuck with my robot fantasies.

Sorry user. Hey at least in 10 years those fantasies won't be fantasies anymore :DD

i remember being forced to read the part of othello in freshman year of high school because i was the only non-white person in my class.

Public school master race am I right?

I remember being bullied by everyone at my school.

Write a book about it and make money nigger

I would read Balzac during class and one of my friends would joke about it because it sounded like the name sounded like ball sack. I miss that dude.

>Waah
>I'm unique and magical POC, waah give me gender reassignment surgery and government assistance waaah
Listen you fucking pussy, If the role of a white person in a classical chinese play had been filled by the only white person in a class in china, no one would give a shit.
If you don't want to be treated any differently than the people around you, go live with your own. Western countries have no obligation to bend over backwards to you people and pretend you belong here.

I remember in the final year of secondary school the oldest year group got a common room and I was too shy and avoidant and ugly to talk all lunch time with people when I had no close friends. I would take my lunch and go and read in a wooded area near the school.

If were taking about English classes, I dropped those at the age of 16. I can't be bothered elaborating, but wow, what a load of boring bs. Reading fragments of Shakespeare plays, """analysing""" boring as fuck poems or sonnets, as if that has any validity. I knew it was all BS back then in my youthful days, when my BS detector was always switched on.

Ha Nigger!!

I jacked off in the school library bathroom. Am I Veeky Forums material?

I used to get turnt up and sleep on the staff's couches so at graduation the class beneath us did a roast imitating all the award students but I don't think most of the parents knew me and especially not the girl doing me and she says a bunch of junkie-core things like go away im dissolving and the 1000 parents are laughing their asses off. man, that was fucked

What's junkie core? Also I don't understand the joke.

> he cares about insults from years ago

She did get BTFO desu

>When you finally get your petty revenge
>The fucking idiot doesn't even remember
>What was supposed to be sweet now feels like another sleight

Depends on which book you used

Art of War when Sun Tzu described Method and discipline.

I have a domination fetish

Dead thread?

Dead thread ;(

Make this thread great again :)

I like it

I like it more

>high school memories

please no

lmao you think that's autism? I carried around GEB my junior year of high school.

had qtpi pop punk gf tho so its cool

I use to walk around with communist manifesto and argue with my republican economics teacher, was a memer since day one.

Christ user. I thought my life was filled with autism. But you, you take the cake.

>That edgy kid who tried to get out of religion lessons (yes we have those) but his request was denied
>Later on was seen reading Nietzsche

Religious lessons? What did it consist of? Preaching and learning bible scriptures or something else?

I don't know, I didn't have to attend them.
But from what I heard they read and analyzed bible passages, discussed ethical issues on a religious basis and learned about other religions.

Sounds interesting. Why did you want out of this class??

You're only allowed to attend them if you're officially in the church which I wasn't

Well that's gay.

i went to a catholic school which had religious lessons. generally just learnt about the religion itself and what it means for our lives. went through and analysed bible passages, learnt about various catholic charities the work they d and why they do it, how to live according to the teaching and values, 10 commandments etc. Was pretty comfy desu. Wasn't really cult-like or anything

How were science and history classes like there? Did they try to involve Jesus in everything or just regular curriculum?

booo hoo

Whats wrong with that exactly though? If you want to make a habit of reading a good strategy is by reading wherever you go. Waiting 10 minutes for the bus? Get a couple of pages in.

if you think this would be the case you have a massive misconception of contemporary religion, mainly of Catholicism. The only religions who reject evolution are evangelists and the sort, theyre all fucking crazy so its not surprise.

I stopped reading books at school because people would come behind me and spit out gum into the book and slam it shut

And you let this happen why??

Don't let thread get dead niggs

Another time I remember a teacher pulled me aside, because I was always reading in his class. It was this remedial math class, and he started telling me I didn't belong in it, and I was way too smart to be in with the dummy kids. He also said he read some of the essays and stuff I wrote, and said I was a really good writer and I could be Published one day.

That teacher went on to hang himself from his daughter's swing set when his wife and kid left him.

I'm still unpublished.

I love this post, it's a microcosm of a life in a couple paragraphs
You were so consumed with self doubt and self hatred and bitter regret that you remember some dumb slight a bitchy girl made at you years later, and when you saw that she was in a bad state and had fallen from grace, you decide to finally enact your revenge and give her a sick fucking burn
But she didn't even fucking remember, hou were robbed of your revenge and your just left to carry on with your life as you walk away and have to realize that the hatred that you felt for her for that moment was hollow and would never be righted, and you just have to walk away and be like "fuck".
Something about the cycle of revenge being hollow and only leading to nothing but woe as well.
She's the protagonist of this post because she breaks the cycle of revenge.
Bravo

He really left you swinging in air didn't he??

I didn't care about literature at all in high school because my teachers made me hate it. A bunch of retarded lit theory stuff, but if you disagree with their opinion you were just wrong.
Quick story.
>Teacher asks question about something in Gatsby
>I liked the book so was only one to raise hand
>Gave an explanation of the general themes that I got from the first couple chapters
>'No you're wrong, don't even understand where you would get that from. Clearly you didn't bother doing the mandatory reading'
That was what she actually said. Never mind that I read the whole book the first day it was assigned.
>Say fuck it that was the last straw after two years of shit like that happening to me every class, decide to just give up reader of these were the people I'd have to deal with
>Girl with nice tits I had a crush on gets called on after no one else bothers to raise hand, half didn't actually do the reading
>Says literally, word for word, what I say
>'That's great, you got it exactly. user, that's what your should have gotten out of the reading, maybe next time do your homework'
>Before infuriated and tell her to fuck herself with a cactus got bring a fucking cunt
>Get ISS, don't care

I miss ISS. The administrator in the room gave zero fucks and you could do whatever.

I remember that one time our lit teacher hit his hip on the teacher's desk like five times in a row and me and my friend we were joking around and laughing about how he was going to get a bone fracture. He was a good teacher though, gave very fair grades, was articulate and kind with students.

I remember putting my books in front of my desk in plain view so my teachers would comment on my taste. They rarely did though, but it always felt good.

I remember having long discussions with various teachers after class and them being impressed with my enthusiasm and general level of knowledge, and also their look of disappointment when I handed in half-hassed work at the last minute.

Now I'm just in the basement all day long slowly building up my bookshelf.

I remember the teachers often asking me to read stuff out loud because I was the best reader in the class.

I remember taking long walks inside the school's library to see if a cute girl might be reading or something. I still do that everytime I go to my town's library.

>he still reminisces about high school

literally kys

dude, go out and get a hard drug habit. Maybe you'll get some interesting stories then.

I remember reading pic related in chemistry and this black kid called me a faggot

Bitch, he guessed it.

He was right.

>>That teacher went on to hang himself from his daughter's swing set when his wife and kid left him.

damn, dude. that's harsh as fuck.

Hey man, he's the one who did it. Don't blame me.

>boring as fuck poems or sonnets
>shakespeare
it's really no wonder you didn't have any friends

the more i read this the funnier it gets

Fucking women.

I remember being captain of the lacrosse team, dating a cheerleader, being a STEM masterrace, hanging out and getting drunk with friends, and doing most of my reading while on weekend trips with family at my lake house.

In high school I was one of those kids who smoked cigarettes and played the guitar but never formed a band bc I claimed no one was into the same stuff as me but in reality was just never really good. The only books I carried around were ones that had movies made after them like fight club, fear and loathing, clockwork orange, the warriors, so I didn't really get made fun of since everyone was pretty familiar with the material.

my English teacher was a pretty cool dude in his 30s who laughed at me for reading fight club but it was okay because I laughed at him for discovering TV on the radio.

Dude Catholics aren't Baptists.

In highschool a lot of the girls thought I was gross but I was friends with most guys. I don't know why I never really was able to get friends that were girls. I guess I was always known as "The Gamer Kid" or "The Kid That Plays WoW" even though I wasn't nearly as one dimensional as hearsay made me out to be.

I also didn't try very hard not to fix that image though. Having that image I guess served a purpose in that when I had to transition into a new class or group people could easily talk to me about stuff and know "at least hypothetically" that RANDOM GAME was common ground that I could relate to. Then we would naturally branch out in conversation and they liked me more.

Girls on the other had would be like

"My brother plays X I always tell him to get off and do X instead" and then I'd ask how much time they spend texting or "hanging out" and what they do while "hanging out" and its always equally retarded shit and I'd call them on it.

Then they would ask me how much I played of whatever game, how much I fapped, and various other things and I'd tell them the truth and love every minute of them trying to belittle me.

I remember one time I was in Social Studies and was grouped into a table group with two hot girls and a jock friend of mine and the girls started talking about fapping and stuff and the conversation went towards us. It was super hilarious because my friend would get all red faced and quiet about stuff.

>If we jacked you off would it feel good
>Definitely
>uhh I don't know...
>I like how user just like responded

I guess I was too fat and nerdy to ever attract legitimate interest though. I also didn't own a cell phone until senior year because I didn't want random people texting me or calling me at home. I also never checked facebook.

I guess I was pretty much unreachable now that I think about it.

I used to carry around Atlas Shrugged and argue with my Obamashill AP Government teacher.

Our school only had a Young Democrats club so I bothered the economics teacher and gathered other kids until we had a Young Republicans club. Then we just ended up doing the same community service as the young democrats and I grew sad.

"tips mutual fedora"

I want to believe

>he didn't form fascist assault squads at his school to get 2.5% more political conversion speed every month.

That book is a feat of translation and editorship
>rip based Kaufmann

Is this satire?

I gave up so hard in high school, I just didn't care about anything. I wasn't a punk or anything, I would just would sit and read at my desk during all my classes except English, since it was the only class I really enjoyed.

I would get sent to the office constantly just so the teachers could save face, but I would get to the office, say, yeah, was reading in class again, and they'd make me sit at a desk facing the wall so I could read more, as "punishment".

High school was fucking boring.

what the fuck? I literally went to the library everyday (in lieu of lunch) in HS in hopes of finding a literature buddy. not one other person in 3 years of this routine. even the damn book club was filled with normies with no other club to chatter in or kids only interested in Harry Potter or whatever YA bs. I hated school

I read books on the art of katanas and swordsmanship. Those weenies knew not to mess with a badass like me.

I used to consider myself superior to everyone around me, because I didn't think anyone else was as well read as me and therefore wouldn't be as intelligent. I realize now that I was a fucking loser and that philosophical knowledge is only useful in application, though I still remain detached from others. A lot of you can probably relate to this

Was I the only normal one in highschool that didn't get bullied and had friends?

In freshman English I do remember reading Caesar and intentionally reading badly to make fun of the kids that couldn't read very well. Whenever one of them would mispronounce a word, I mean completely butcher it, the teacher helped them. I also started doing this, except when someone pronounced a work correctly I would intentionally mispronounce jokingly and everyone would laugh.

When i started high school i had few friends and was very shy and timid. I used to read in toilet stalls and in the bushes behind the school. I used to copy poems i liked into an exercise book. My favourites were tithonus by tennyson and dublin by macneice.

My english teacher (same guy every year) leant me lots of great books by faulkner, martell, mccarthy, etc

rightfully so faggot

>I used to consider myself superior to everyone around me, because I didn't think anyone else was as well read as me and therefore wouldn't be as intelligent.

Did your parents constantly remind you what a gifted or super-smart child you are? You saw yourself above other kids? Your work ethics suffered (I'm smart, don't have to work hard) and now you're a smart guy who hasn't achieved much?

If you mean in this very thread, then no. I was bullied until middle school, but HS doesn't start until 10th grade in here, and those last three years were pretty much filled with banter and friends from my classroom, shit was comfy.

Nowadays I have more female friends than male friends, and still haven't had a gf(despite having my chances) because I'm rather picky for not being a fat neckbeard, so I'm not sure if I should be worried about my current situation.

I did had a chance two years ago with a 9/10, but I missed it for being an insecure fag. She also had the voice of an 8yo girl, but that's irrelevant.

Where are you from senpai?

t. other

South America.

More specifically, Paraguay.

Finding sorta obscure books like Metro 2033 or shit that's not from the most popular authors is kinda hard here.

I read in public all the time. It's my main passtime while riding a bus, or waiting for an appointment. Usually it's a book in the Sharpe series by Bernard Cornwell. I don't give a fuck what people think. Even read at pubs from time to time if there's nobody to talk to.

>went on to hang himself from his daughter's swing set when his wife and kid left him.
idk why but this post hit me like a brick wall desu

I covered my copy of infinite jest with newspaper so that no one would know I was reading it...

I carried a copy of sherlock holmes and les miserables for like a month because it was hard for me to get through. les miserables fell apart while I was reading and the librarian let me keep the copy, a good memory.

>Every single moment I live atm
Am I the only one still in high school here (I'm 18 so no ban)

you

Me too

F

No, you're not. And we'd do well not to forget that many people here are still in high school, with all the edginess and teen angst that goes with it.

Just try to shitpost a little less, please.

t. redditor