Non-fiction / Self-help books that are actually good

Kinda atypical for this board, but give me your best books for self-actualization that have ACTUALLY helped you make positive changes in your life and not just serve as mental masturbation of ideas.

Pic related.

Feed the Muscle, Burn the Fat

lol

Models by Mark Manson

All the self help you need here.

So basically, you want me to go around town being a pompous dick questioning people's most deepest held beliefs with no satisfactory alternative given.

Thanks user, gonna go tell some chillen that santa is a pedophile in an outfit.

I actually just got this as a gift from a friend lol

are u going to read it?

>The one you actually follow.

delet this thread

Yes, probably a few pages before bed each night.

why user? do you lack self esteem?

Yes. The reason my friend got it for me is because she said she were really worried about my behavior and didn't know how to approach me about it otherwise.

Bumping for interest

Also I'm reading Walden at the moment and it's really helping.

That's very nice of her. Best of luck on your journey ahead.

Thanks man. Best of luck to you too with whatever you're faced with. It's a new year soon.

Read No More Mr. Nice Guy. Before this self esteem book

Agreed.
Seconded.
Also try the Book of Pook. It's a bit much at times but an insightful read overall.

Any biography from someone successful. Extrapolate the common actions that made them successful over time and apply them yourself.

re: Total Recall

The Charisma Myth

and this

>reading self-help
Don't do this

>So basically, you want me to go around town being a pompous dick questioning people's most deepest held beliefs with no satisfactory alternative given.
What's wrong with this? Don't be such a baby.

The Rational Male is really good if you're trying to improve your love life.

It's frustrating though, because if the book is right about women, you're better off alone.

King Warrior Magician Lover
Prometheus Rising
The Wisdom of Insecurity
Mindfulness in Plain English
In Search for the Miraculous

First time ive seen ouspensky mentioned here. Have you read the fourth way?

Models was good, The subtle art of not giving a fuck was also good. The thing with models is that Mark Manson is 6'1, blonde and blue eyed.

A lot of these books can be summarized in to at most a paragraph..

Check out the happiness trap pocketbook I guess, the power of now was also kinda good

summarize models pls

1st; get your life together and heading in some direction
2nd; beat needing validation from others out of your system
3rd; take care of how you look and smell
4th; Any other reason to talk to a girl besides "I want to know her" is the wrong reason.
5th; Talk to girls (that's a big one, not going to meet many in your house)

I don't know, could keep listing things out but really just read the fuckin book. it's pretty much don't be a fuckin creep and stop caring so much about if a girl likes you or not, if she does great, if not whatever.

i found models to be pretty potent though.

there's sections on dating, moving things forward, how to dress etc.

As far as these books go, it had a lot of diverse content imo

Is that book actually any good? One look on Amazon and I notice its instantly flaunting its controversial nature.

>King Warrior Magician Lover
do you have any epub links to any of these?

also prometheus rising and in search for the miraculous have references to the illuminati on amazon.
wat.jpg