Non-American here

Non-American here.

What's Royal Crown Cola like? Does it taste any different from Coca Cola? Please give me more information on how it tastes and what makes it different from Pepsi or Coca-Cola.

Tastes moldy.

Thicker feeling, more caramel flavors, like Coke with pepsi sweetness but without the shitty pepsi flavor.

Should I import some?

Has less personality than Coke or Pepsi and goes flat 5 minutes after being opened.

It's nothing special. There's a reason why it's been around since the dawn of man and is still considered second-rate.

No, just go to the grocery store and buy their generic store brand cola it's pretty much the same thing.

It's like rusty, less sweet pepsi. It also doesn't stay carbonated nearly as long.

Shit is NASTY

To be fair, it's almost comparable to your standard no-name or store brand cola.

It's mediocre. It does taste different form coke, but that's not really a good thing.

I like it :)

Drank it as a kid. Honestly it kind of has more of a lingery metallic almost taste but I always enjoyed it. And a 2 liter is a fucking dollar.

Also you should try Big Red. Fucking delish.

It has thicker and more.. syrupy taste than Coke or Pepsi.

Pretty accurate description

Cola now is basically a weird mix of (artificial) lemon and lime flavor; Coke is more lemon, Pepsi is kind of balanced, and RC is more towards lime

RC is best ice cold in a can

I feel like I'm in an alternate reality. RC cola is now somehow flavorful...?

It's not. It sucks. RC sucks. It tastes like garbage, it ages like garbage, people from Ohio are garbage. Nothing more needs to be said and you all know that I'm right.

Everyone in this thread is a shill.
RC tastes infinitely better than coke and Pepsi because it doesn't have that offensive phosphoric acid bite that literally no one likes.
It's regular coke flavor without the burning of the mouth.

Absolutely not. It's inferior to Coke in every way. Just drink that.

Tastes like absolute poverty.
It produces a lethal poison when mixed with Crown Royale whiskey.

To most americans, it tastes different enough from Coke or Pepsi, true, but I think most people still buy it for nostalgia reasons. They remember a parent liking it, and drinking it at home, so it tickles that memory craving thing. It does need to be ICE cold, or it might have a funky flavor. It also might be kind of old in some grocery stores and therefore a bit flat, or offtasting when it sucks up flavor from the plastic or can.

I think Publix store brand is the best cola flavor. I've completely switched to it for mixing with rum, and general drinking away cravings for a cold Coke. I never minded sweeter Pepsi when I'd be offered no choice, but I always preferred Coke. Now, though, I think Publix has a touch more spice flavor, and it replaces the need for a "spiced rum" when doing mixing.

If you want to pay to import something, I wouldn't spend more than 200% on the RC idea. But, if you want to taste something special and kind of good, look at the 1893 Pepsi formulas. They are worth the extra price for some kind foodie that has a beverage fetish. I'd also import Vernors if I lived abroad, cause I'd totally miss that. People are pretty fetishy about the diet formulas that are pretty awesome, like cherry vanilla dr pepper, or diet squirt or say diet mt dew. They taste better than sugar versions. There's regional sodas who have cult followings like cheerwine. I also adore the sangria soda from mexico called Senorial. Ginger beers and ting from jamaica are good as well, and can be mixed for your cocktails.

Why u bring up Ohio?

I'll second shilling for 1893.

Yeah bully y u hate on ohio :(

Ohio is AIDS

I always thought RC Cola was a southern meme, because I have never, NEVER seen it in New England ever. I was told from a midwestern friend that it tasted like ass, but he drinks soda warm so I can't even fucking trust him.

It's more carbonated and tastes like there's less sugar and more caramel flavor to me. I like it but in small doses. It's hard to find where I live so the one or two times I have it a year is enough for me.

It doesn't deserve the bad rep it gets

That is like spot-on user.

RC is actually a good soda. I don't know anyones opinion on Pibb, but it's pretty good too.