Frankfurt School

Almost 100 pages into Dialectic of Enlightenment and all they've done is prattle on about the classics.

I 'get' the connection they're making in that early human sacrifice to the gods was man's way of manipulating the gods and such acts that try to subordinate nature to the whims of man are to form the kernal of later of enlightenment thought. But when the point of the book is to analyze how enlightenment thought eventually degenerated into a society that produced modern capitalism, totalitarianism and fascism I feel actually engaging with the world as is, i.e. drawing concrete connections as to how this happened, would be more beneficial than masturbating over the myth of Odysseus. I'm guessing it picks up in quality when he starts talking about the culture industry.

Is Minima Moralia similar to the Dialectic of Enlightenment or is it more readable?

Also when is he going to hurry up and get to the part about weaponizing trannies to destroy the white race.

Adorno is an elitist. The worst of the Frankfurt school, a hack. Read Walter Benjamin or Erich Fromm, just don't bother with Adorno...

Not a fan of humanism senpai

I wanted to read this book but maybe I should stop with listening to /pol/ memes

Stop talking shit

D&E is notoriously obtuse, I'm a huge fan of Walter Benjamin and went into it expecting the same sort of ideas Benjamin throws around and the book has been sitting on the shelf for the past 2 years.

And no, weaponizing trannies is not a Frankfurt School thing, /pol/ is N E V E R right

>I don't like this author please don't read him
Oh you must be so wise oh please tell me more wise one

Bump

Minima moralia is a muçh different work. It is far more whimsical. It is a collection of thought fragments, rather than a collection of essays circling around the same theme. DE is in the middle as far às Àdorno being methodical goes. Negative Dialectics is more strictly philosophical but is much more difficult than even DE. MM is easy. The Stars Down to Earth is underrated Àdorno. Very accessible and rigorous.

FS may not have advocated weaponizing trannies but they helped usher in the Left's current obsession with identity and disregard for class. Adorno's Authoritarian Personality is a fuck you to the working class and Marcuse's works legitimized the upper-middle class SJW politics that now dominate college campuses.

What are the most accessible Frankfurt school works?

Hahaha. You don't read. You just get your Xbox controller Cheetos cheesy.

Critique of instrumental reason. Hork and Adorno. is right, sadly. Nowadays his elitism must be avoided and disregarded. Anyway is not like said. It is not about not reading him but understanding his biased ideas.

have no idea about what she/he/it is talking and is funny so right.

Sounds like I'll eventually read MM after I finish slogging through DE then.

Thanks user.

Nah, that'd be Foucault and even then sjwism is based on a poor reading of Foucault.

Fuck no, it is just Hork. So better.

Dude cultural Marxism lmao

>another thread where Veeky Forums attempts to detach themselves and their favorite thinkers from SJWs without actually explaining anything

I hope you are not despising SJW work (kek), because it truly delineates your identity and that would be quite ironical, don't you think so?

In any case, there is some misreading of Foucault, as with any other author. Even Butler does so. But the work of queer theory (read here: post-identity) seed his fruits and it is worthwhile. For sure in some points Saint Fuckky would not agree, but which intellectual does with the development of his/her/their theories? Amazing times for epistemology and ontology, though. Quite radical ones, actually.

there is literally no theoretical connection between identity politics and critical theory

all good intellectuals are elitist

I wish Adorno was alive today so I could see just how much he'd sperg out at modern idpol.

The Frankfurt School is pure garbage, /pol/ is right on that but for the wrong reasons

Most of the first generation critical theorists were covertly financed by the OSS/CIA to lay the intellectual framework that would dominate academia, identity politics was largly the intent and consequence

I know that he was not happy about the new left when the 60's rolled around so he I could honestly see him doing that.

>Most of the first generation critical theorists were covertly financed by the OSS/CIA to lay the intellectual framework that would dominate academia, identity politics was largly the intent and consequence
Source?

>inb4 Infowars and/or any other similar website

Yeah okay there really isn't any practical difference between essentialism and subject position. The difference between structuralism and post-structuralism is a mere matters of semantics

Alex Jones' YouTube channel

Just go to wikipedia, a lot of them worked in the OSS during WWII. A lot of the upper elites from academia/industry were dragged into working for the government during WWII and helped shape the post-WWII CIA culture and propagandist methods.

Nice bants but you didn't refute my point.

Why do all intellectuals rail against modernity, capitalism, society, etc.? Why don't they get a friggin job or somethin?

When I see the type of people who go around blaming everything bad in the world on the Frankfurt School, and think for a minute about where they get their information from, it makes me curious if they're not just horribly misled and if the Frankfurt School were not just a group of dudes (Marxists, to be sure) discussing philosophy n culture n stuff.

You're right about Foucault but FS did indeed usher in the SJW era as well (not that that was necessarily their intention). The FS and Foucault are only nominally Marxist since they did cultural analysis, not political economy like Marx.

>I 'get' the connection they're making in that early human sacrifice to the gods was man's way of manipulating the gods and such acts that try to subordinate nature to the whims of man are to form the kernal of later of enlightenment thought.

Classicist here, they don't know what they're talking about.

Besides, cultures all over the world practice/d human and animal sacrifices without ever having an enlightenment or even progressing beyond the mud hut illiterate stage.

the point is that there wasn't one guy who suddenly had the idea to enlighten everybody but enlightenment itself can take on different forms and has been there forever. it just needs to reflect on its own regressive tendencies to truly lead to a free society

they helped the cia against the nazis

Foucault wasn't a Marxist.