What do these taste like? What's the texture?

What do these taste like? What's the texture?

I've never had one... in general, I hate sweets, like cake/cookies/pies/etc. They all leave an ashen aftertaste in my mouth. They look like sugar cookies sandwiched on oreo filling to me. Am I right?

Other urls found in this thread:

media1.giphy.com/media/8prOOcsqE86wE/giphy.gif
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Imagine the fluffy airy wonderfulness of a cute anime girl doing cute things.
That's basically what it tastes like.

>What do these taste like?

They come in different flavors. I like meme flavors like pistachio, rosewater and violet. You can get normal flavors too, like vanilla and berry.

>What's the texture?

The cookie part is meringue, which has a dry foamy texture. It's crisp, but melts quickly when it touches your tongue. The filling may be cream or jam. If it's cream, it may be a grainy-sugary Oreo-type filling like you imagine, or it may be a richer pastry cream. Jam will obviously be sticky.

I think you should try them in the spirit of adventure, but I don't think they'll move your heart.

The cookies are a bit lighter and softer than sugar cookies, like a wafer cookie but not quite as firm.

The filling can be similar to an Oreo's in texture, but usually flavored and not as sweet, or sometimes it can be made with less cream for more of a jelly-like consistency.

>They all leave an ashen aftertaste in my mouth
you steal aztec gold or piss on the ark of the covenant or what?

It depends on the flavor you get. I like vanilla but a place near me makes a Earl grey tea one I like too.

The texture is kinda undescribable. Chewy but airy I guess?

Just find a place that sells them near you and buy some. Whole foods sells em for $2 a piece if you have one of those near you user.

I love them.

When done right they are VERY sweet. We make them at the bakery I work at. Some people use buttercream as a filling bug we generally use flavored ganach.

Honestly, it is the only meringue based sweet I like.

>The texture is kinda undescribable.
It has the texture of a wafer.

Kek

The texture you fags are looking for is thicker communion wafers, but flavored whatever.

This also
But mostly this

It's cute girls giggling made into a delicate cookie

You can get cheesy ones also if you hate sweets

Trust me, sometimes I wonder.

As a kid I loved sweets, then stopped eating them for a while for no good reason. By the time I started trying again in my late teens? Ash.

pretentious girls eat these and try to act cultured

Kek, you need more salt, or maybe you got the beetus and can't taste the tasty anymore.

>girls who won't fuck me eat these

these things are reverse oreos

the breads the best part. the shit in between 99 out of a hundred times shits all over it. only time ive ever liked it was some chocolate flavor where the bread tasted like fucking fruity pebbles

Mfw I'm now a pretentious cultured girl for eating these as if they granted wishes

The cookie parts are like a hollow almond wafer shell with a chewy, grainy base. The filling is kind of like a thicker Oreo creme. The flavor is usually pretty subtle for the cookies but the filling is very rich. My favorite flavors for them have been lavender and matcha; the latter's probably best if you don't want something too sweet.

Apologies for format, the file's too large, but here's a good gif to show off texture:
media1.giphy.com/media/8prOOcsqE86wE/giphy.gif

When every post you make on Veeky Forums contains one of thousands of different ways to slip in a mention of your gender, you need to quit.
You have no power here. Fuck off.

They're not sweet. They're not crunchy, but they're not very soft either.

Imagine biting into a cake, but the cake is mostly air and almond flavored crust, so it disintegrates in your mouth like cotton candy, leaving a dry, grainy taste in your mouth like some cheap wedding candy.

They were clearly joking, so you're the attention whore wearing your gender like a badge here.

lmao are you actually retarded

Not a grill, just sayain that's what you said I am for eating these gifts of sugar

They have the texture of the top crust of a brownie, surprises no ones said this yet

They're very sweet and taste a bit like almonds. The filling is where the flavour party is at.

"I get my power from posting anime pictures and harassing people on blue boards."
The post.

Salted caramel is the GOAT flavor of these cookies.

The shells are literally sugar, almonds, and egg whites. They taste like meringues and almond paste.

>texture is indescribable
>describes texture

This is actually pretty accurate. In fact looking at the OP pic reminded me of pic related.

This is the real deal

kys roastie slut

Air, sugar, whatever flavoring you chose, nice texture

I am not a big fan though, they're always so expensive for a tiny, unsatisfying dessert. I'd rather have a real dessert like cheesecake or pastry or nothing at all

are those biscuits?
arethose coconut shavings?

They taste like crispy light oreos

Those look like hot shit.

Macarons should be gently crisp, with a slight chew, while still being just soft, while also being mildly sweet. Too much sugar can ruin the flavor you make your macaron. The filling can be smooth, or grainy, or sticky jam.

yesssssss I love you user, they're so fucking addictive