SLO CUCKAH

pulled this bitch out of retirement for reasons

cool

first up a good scrub

To make a mediocre version of a food that could be better done through other cooking methods?

some better.

What are you cooking, OP?

A bag of horse dicks I got on sale

objectively the worst cut of beef! but look at dem digits bro. $5 on sale. I bought like 9 of these fuckers, gotta learn to make em gud

>To make a mediocre version of a food that could be better done through other cooking methods?
But he can leave the house and not attend to the burner/oven. And, his cleanup is done by the time he sits down to dinner. And, it's not inferior if he browns it first!

What did you decide to make, OP?

pics?

pepper bacon for breakfast amen

browning the beef, fat cap first

you'll see!

flip!

flip!

to bqh rn a big part of me wants to just shave this up and throw some salt a pepper and xhow down but thats not where we're going

brb pancakes

looks good user

OK! here's where the party starts! poured in the pan juices and the secret ingredient!

see you in six hours for a checkin, i'm going to the gym brahs

>Stubbs
It was a good thread while it lasted.

I gotta say the same. I was like, hrm, he's going to keep it whole, wonder what's next...and now he's going to braise it in BBQ sauce? It'll be a tough stringy mess of long strands of "BBQ" flavored meat. Oh well. You didn't even stud it with garlic cloves.

I don't mind bottom round, but I'd have browned it in big chunks. Maybe for your next recipe, you can do that, and then hit it with some baby boiler onions, sour cream and paprika at the end.

Yeah, chunked, then browned, then some onion and garlic, deglaze the pan with unsalted broth, then braise with paprika and black pepper, maybe a little mustard? Six hours, though, anything but a pork shoulder is gonna be overdone and dry. Three hours, maybe.

>Ladies and Gentlemen
>the Great Shitstorm of our Era

>Stubbs
neck yourself my man

>thread seems to be going alright
>nigga pours stubbs into the crock pot

not him but i've never had stubbs. what's wrong with it?

so I put the thinking cap on the old bean about 2.5 hours back and poked a bunch holes through the fat cap all the way through the roast so maybe the fat would render down through the meat and make it juicier.

like so

Its now been about 5 hours on high and this bitch is fork tender and looking pretty joocy boys
>and girls
>sexism is not OK

Im going to leave the top abd let the pot likker reduce while I think about my next move and make a run to the packy.

then I'll sit down and write a bunch of (You)s and finish this bitch off for dinner

There's actually equal fire risk leaving a slowcooker unattended as an oven.

FUARK YEAH

oh it's good, hell yeah. making rice and sides for dinner right now. tasty, tasty, tasty

>wa la

There's a kind of unwritten rule against using store bought sauces and spice mixes, because it's considered giving up control of your flavors and getting sucked by the advertising.

But I don't give a FUCK, I just wanted to make a bbq with the minimum of work and I ain't set up for all that shit. Stubbs is good as fuck to me, it's sharp and not too sweet and has the good shit in it, also no HFCS. Definitely a Texas flavor, if you come from elsewhere you ain't used to it

post your own original BBQ sauces, bitch niqqas

tx
work safe board fgt

It's a good thought, I bet a crockpot stroganoff would be pretty boss, I'll probably try that next

I use a superior BBQ sauce, thanks.

Final verdict from OP:

It was about a 6/10 on the BBQ scale. I've eaten way worse from BBQ joints. It lacked smokiness and wasn't as tender as a chuck roast or a better cut, but this was a legit way to prepare eye round and not have to be around the house all fucking day. I added more sauce and some Franks after I shredded the beef to bring up the flavor a bit- I drained most of the pot liquor off, Imma let that sit in the fridge over night and see what i can do with it later. Lots of grease in there tho.

I also scraped off what was left of the fat cap, it was 60-75% rendered and the membrane tissue was nasty.

Overall, I'd probably do this again if I was after easy BBQ beef; I think the hole poking I did was actually a factor in it not coming out dry, and i could taste the browning very well. Caramelization lacked, I was hunting down the odd burned bit of sauce. Next time I might throw the whole pot under a broiler.

anyway $7 to have two days worth of BBQ beef and rice ans sides, I'm happy. next time I'm doing stroganoff or texmex chili beef.

no posters under 18 allowed, user.

You sound like a working class chump. I bet you thought it would be a great "investment", how you would wake up to a warm, healthy breakfast to start off your long day. Maybe, you even had a couple thoughts about all the other nifty little uses you could find for the thing, how it would help you cook healthier meals in general, shed a couple pounds off the old gut, boost your confidence around work and with the ladies. Yeah, maybe that slow cooker would start your life cooking again, wouldn't it? I can see your strained hands holding the box and reading through it carefully at the store. A little bit pricey, but you're the type of guy who thinks everything is more than you can spend, aren't you. And look what happened to you. Look what the slow cooker did to you. Fucked you over, and made you clean it like a useless bitch. You don't even fucking like oatmeal. Piece of shit, you've been repeating those three words your whole life, haven't you. Yeah, how was work after that piece of shit fucked you over? I bet it was on your mind the whole day, you probably didn't say shit to nobody. Can't be telling people about your mistakes. How your little fix yourself plan, failed you. Don't want people to start thinking you're the failure. You're the piece of shit, all along. You don't want that do you? You don't want to be the piece of shit everybody secretly whispers about, do you? Was your father a piece of shit like you? I bet he never had a slow cooker. He had a woman, a house, a damn good job. I bet it's slow cooking you the fuck alive, isn't it. Comparing yourself to him. How one day when all the steam runs our of your life, you'll discover how you're nothing more than burnt shit to be scrapped off and thrown in the trash.

Delicious pasta

salsa chicken

>Joe's BBQ is for underage
>but Stubbs is ok
I think you've got that backwards, son.