I'm home alone tonight, so I bought some nice cheese and wine, what are you up to Veeky Forums ?

I'm home alone tonight, so I bought some nice cheese and wine, what are you up to Veeky Forums ?

Self bump with a pic of the red wine : Bordeaux Saint-Emilion, château Quentin de la Tour 1995

Now see? Why can't I walk down to my local bakery and pickup a fresh, high quality baguette and a variety of well made cheeses without living in an urban megalopolis?

And here is a pic of my cat before he disappeared a week ago. Cheer me up please I'm feeling sad.

I live in a small village but there is an open-air market that sells good cheese, so I'm lucky!
And I took the bottle because it's my year of birth and 1995 was a pretty good vintage.

I also have this : tapenade with truffles but I dont know what to do with it...

looks tasty as fuck OP, enjoy.

You got some grapes to freshen the palate up?

Thank you user !
Unfortunately no, I don't have any grape...
I was thinking to put some super thin slices of red apple to freshen the whole thing

Nice baguette also. Pretty jealous I had rice, onions, carrots and beans.

Time to open the bottle !

Seems like a healthy dish, simple and tasty

What the hell is this James Bond crap... I hope the wine is still good, being from 1995 and all.

I let it oxygenate a bit... It smells mushrooms, smoke and cherry

Ahah I know, it's too much "gadget", but this bottle opener is perfect for old wines with fragile corks.

Hope too that the wine is still good but it should be ok, as it's a good vintage

Post more pics of baguette plz.

How/where did you just buy a bottle of wine from 1995 on a whim and what did you pay?

how much was the wine?

Around 60 euros each (bought 3 of them).
I've tasted it, it's quite strong but its flavour is complex (black cherry, chocolate, tobacco) so I'm enjoying it a lot !

For me the best baguette is the Tradition 1900 from my local bakery.

Kot is probably just visiting Patti.
The OP from the Patti threads makes some of the only decent OC and kot knows this.
My advice is make a tasty dish and post it on here and kitty will come home.

So good, thanks

You're probably right, I will try tomorrow !

On toast with some garlic or ham?

He'll be fine. Cats are smart and tough. I hope he comes back to you.

I've just tried it with toasted bread, and it's a bit disappointing... It doesn't taste like truffle at all, it's just an expensive tapenade.
I like the idea of putting ham (it already has garlic in it), I will experiment, thank you !

Thanks user

Use iberico ham and some manchego cheese. Go full spanish.

There is no amount of wine and cheese you can buy that will make you forget about your dead cat.

To conclude, I've had :
- Cheddar (semi-old)
- Pecorino Romano
- Ossau Iraty with Espelette pepper :
- Claouzou
- Valençay
- Camembert
- Mimolette(semi-old)
- Tomette de brebis

Cheese was super tasty, wine too (it just doesn't get along with camembert)

Thank you all, I might do an update tomorrow

Hope my cat is still alive

now i'm craving some mimolette

I have some Basque cheese (Ossau Iraty and Tomette de brebis) so it might do the job... Thanks for the tip

This one was particularly good, as I don't like when it's too young (it doesn't have any taste) or too old (impossible to cut and too dry).

Semi-old is the best one, it starts to have this strong hazelnut taste that I love.

stahp, i can almost feel the waxy, creamy goodness in my mouth