Flowchart thread?

Can we get a Veeky Forums flowchart thread?

Possibly can we make some OC?

>Pic related, I made this today.

it doesn't matter what order you read non-sequential books. what is with this board and /mu/-infected autism.

>Doesn't know that the Veeky Forums wiki is filled with flow charts

>Doesn't want to help the board by making OC

>Makes a shitpost complaining about another board

Off yourself please.

why do you guys keep shilling P&V they are so fucking awkward.
The reading order is fine I guess, but I wouldn't use those editions

At least you aren't the user that claimed they were poor because of 'racism'.

Veeky Forums flowcharts are a sign of redditification. By all means keep making them if you want to kill off the last modicum of discourse here. This particular flowchart is the worst one I've yet seen so you seem well on your way, good job.

> redditification

S-s-s-s-sorry I didnt meme about Wallace and Joyce for the 1000th time

Agreed. McDuff FTW!

>flowcharts are a sign of redditification
charts are a Veeky Forums idiosyncracy, no one else makes those. Reddit sure as fuck doesn't. I can go to any board, ask for a chart on a common topic, receive said chart, delete my thread and be on my merry way.
We have 700 identical Dostoyevsky threads every month, charts help.

I read Brothers K first then Notes...I haven't read the other two yet.

>reddit doesn't have charts so therefore they aren't reddification.

Think outside the box moron. They are a sign of reddification because they are easily postable click-bait bullshit with no thought involved. They spawn autistic discussion about "books I've read" and kill discussion about literature. It's exactly the kind of discussion you'd find on reddit.

C&P is my favorite of his works so far. I have Brothers K but I haven't read it yet.

>Charts are clickbait

I'm sure trying to make OC and help fellow anons isn't reddit tier, user.

>help fellow anons
>help fellow redditors

user let's be honest, Veeky Forums has gotten shitty enough that flowcharts aren't a requisite for this.

I don't follow your reasoning?

>Literary discussion with Anons
>Literary discussion with redditors

Better close down Veeky Forums. Its basically reddit 2.0

Jesus Christ guy, it's just books. We're not going to explode into discussions about how hard we laughed at Hitchhikers Guide or what our favorite Harry Potter book is just because we made some charts.
It's good to be organized.
Plus, last I heard reddit and imgur didn't even like our annual top 100 chart, they're not going to suddenly regain interest just because we rearranged the order

This

>he thinks what books are being talked about is what determines if a place is reddit or not

Why is this board so dumb these days? You could theoretically have a Veeky Forums conversation about Harry Potter just as you can have a reddit conversation about Vico.

FUCKING HINT - "What's your fav Dostoevsky book

Just started reading Bird's translation of The Double.

Can someone explain to me the significance of Dostos little rant at the beginning of chapter 4? Is it just shitting on the sentimental literature of his time or a general literature of simple platitudes without any redeeming artistic qualities? It just seemed a bit forced and bitter as if to parallel himself with the main character.

shut the fuck up about reddit

are you honestly perturbed that theres a bunch of people on some other website talking about harry potter?

who the fuck cares.

20 replies
1 image
11 posters
page 1
0 Flowcharts

I'll work on a flowchart of what I plan on reading 2017 later. Busy jerking off and finishing a book. Maybe I'll make a new thread after these spergs murder this one.

>this

stop this reddit tier comment reply.

Otherwise good thread, it's important to have discussions about how to improve this board; I don't believe it is 'bad' to make charts, however, anybody can make these charts are there should be some discussion on translations, editions, and reading order before some retard decides to make their own charts based on nothing else than their personal opinion about it.

Lit has already done a very good job on doing this for Homer (what translations, what they focus on, what editions, how you should and can read it, which book has the best intro, etc.)

I feel that lit is desperately in need for it's best and brightest to start making more of these charts such as the lit 2.0 philosophy google document. It is paramount that more of this stuff happens if we want to be able to give the people that visit this board the tools to start becoming Veeky Forums and subsequently discuss it.

Consensus charts are EVEN WORSE than charts made by individuals.
They standardize literature and over time lower original thought.
The world of books is vast, it can't be encompassed in a single lifetime, the entire reason a lot of people fell in love with books in the first place is that sense of wonder and vastness, and you want everyone to be guided by some autistic shit chart.
What I would like to see here are books posted that aren't as well known, but that would require people to actually read and not just meme about "the classics."

If you want the most out of some writers it's best to read their works in a certain order. In Dostoevsky's case, the 3 novels in the flowchart OP created help in your understanding of themes and characters in The Brothers Karamazov.

I am not implying that we should shoehorn a collective's opinion on what books you should read and why. I am trying to argue for a similar system as what lit has done for Homer.

Fagles: Easiest to read and digest
Fitzgerald: Prose edition
Lattimore: used in college to study the Illiad

etc.

So something to this effect where the person can choose what he/she might prefer to read or suits the persons interest most.

>What I would like to see here are books posted that aren't as well known, but that would require people to actually read and not just meme about "the classics."

I think it's hard enough for people to discuss books in general seeing as it's a time consuming pastime (>inb4 lel l2r pleb), let alone discussing books that aren't well known; Veeky Forums is just too small for that and to even get a good discussion going on Homer, Dosto, and the other more frequently talked about authors is a hard endeavor.

>hates P&V because reviewer who doesn't know Russian said it was awkward
>based on a few cherry picked passages compared to the best of another translator
When will this stupidity die?

>Fitzgerald: Prose edition

What do you mean?

>new enough that he doesn't realize the chart cancer isn't as bad as it was 6 months to a year ago
>new enough that he doesn't realize we have made charts for years
>new enough that he somehow thinks charts are to blame for the board going to shit

>If you want the most out of some writers it's best to read their works in a certain order.
completely baseless and pleb opinions for 200. tell me you read for the prose and i'll up it to 500.

if you want to get the most out of any writer, you read their works and you read them again. what order you read it doesn't matter, you imbecile.
people complaining about charts being "reddit" are just as stupid for invoking that bogeyman since charts are a direct /mu/Veeky Forums import.

You've convinced me.

>he can't discern bait and he claims to comprehend literature

>Brothers Karamazov
>not Karamazov Brothers
That's how you know you're reading a shit translation.

fpbp

As opposed to verse.

fitzgerald's translation isnt prose, its verse

none of you know what youre talking about

i see this in the russian translation threads too, people just repeating things other people have said and getting it wrong

But Fitzgerald's translation is in verse.

Wow incredible how would anyone ever be able to overcome the mountain that is reading Kafka without the elucidation of this chart.

Please keep making more content! Stuff like this is very valuable to the community!! I'd gift you Veeky Forums gold if i had the money!!!

You all forgot about the most important one

>pic related