Why do you love cooking, Veeky Forums?

Why do you love cooking, Veeky Forums?

I think there's something special in partaking in a craft that's literally as old as mankind. It's very cathartic and beautiful to me.

I like cooking for others and making them happy with food. That's the joy in it for me.

I like the process as well, but seeing someone clean their plate, pure joy. It almost seems selfish.

I love the fine tuning necessary for good cooking
As you get better at cooking, your taste develops as well

Over time you learn how to be creative with your cooking and can make things you'd be hard-pressed to find elsewhere

It's fun for me. Also I just like trying to recreate the meals my mom made for me even though it will never taste as good. Getting closer everyday and improving is fun.

Nothing ever tastes as good as food cooked by another person. There's something about somebody preparing your food for you that just makes it taste better.

It's psychological, but it's fucking real.

shit, even drinking some one else's water tastes better.

This picture makes no fucking sense

It's what I imagine would result from if you told a 10 year old raise by hipster faggots to 'make a chef looking picture'

My parents are bad cooks and when I cook my own food I can eat things that are actually good.

Cooking food for someone, nourishing someone while also making them happy from delicious flavors, that feeling when my boyfriend hugs me from behind in the kitchen and asks me what I'm cooking because it smells good, the feeling when distant relatives respect you for a delicious sour cream pound cake you made and brought, resurrecting the dead by creating recipes your great grandmother made and having your grandmother say that it tasted just like hers, a dinner party with all my college friends and they know that my apartment is close because they can follow the scent of good food cooking. I love cooking because it makes the people that I love happy, and nothing can be more rewarding.

i've been cooking my whole life

when will i experience the warmth radiating from this post

It's a great outlet for my ocd. I like being able to control the process and making everything uniform and even.

>tfw night shift job
>tfw virtually none of my friends are ever awake when I'm off work
>tfw cooking and baking almost exclusively for myself

Shit's lonely, yo. I really wish I had more people around to constantly shower with food.

Put your friends in the oven to make them feel the warmth. Its the only way

I'm honestly just a cheap sunuvabitch who doesn't like to pay to eat out

Turns out it's really satisfying to see all your friends hungrily wolf down your creations and ask for seconds

This
Dad was only ever good at barbecue/grilling and mum was only good at baking. Literally anything else they ever attempted turned out terrible

London

Fucking go outside. I'm sure there's someone that will want food.

Cooking because I like the feeling of making something, and if I'm cooking for someone else I like giving them pleasure.

Baking because it's kind of soothing, like meditation.

Why not just make baked goods ahead of time? Pretty much every kind of baked dessert can last at least a few days

Baking is such a different feeling to cooking any other way; I love it

Because I did time in the military, got starved in schools, during missions, and had to eat a lot of military field rations and dining facility meals.

Knowing how to cook means you can always eat well, and always know exactly what's in your food. Both are keys to health and happiness.

It makes me feel like I've accomplished something and it gives me a the slightest feeling of self worth which keeps me from killing myself

also tastes good tbqh

Love drinking a few beers, cranking the black/death metal and cooking my meals for the week (and that nights dinner) while the sun is shining. Then my GF comes home and all is well in the world.

It might not be the the actual craft that I enjoy (i'm not a great cook), but more the whole event/procedure that I enjoy. Getting shit done, having a few drinks and having fun all the while.

I made bread for the first time today. It's something that humans have been doing for thousands of years, but actually making it myself felt like an incredible accomplishment. I can't wait to share the loaf I made with my S.O. and friends.