Why don't Texans use beans in their chili?

Why don't Texans use beans in their chili?

It's cumin sense

Other urls found in this thread:

chilicookoff.com/Recipe/Recipe_WCCC_Recipes.asp?Cat=1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chili_con_carne
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Why don't Texans use beans in their chili?
Well, some do.

I don't know anything about Texas, but probably because beans are poor people filler food

I'm Texan and I do. Red or dark red kidney beans.

>chili paste + beef + seasonings
is Chili
>beans, onions
tolerable but controversial
>corn, macaroni, tomatoes
kill yourself
>chocolate, cinnamon, beer
pick one and use it as the secret ingredient. tell no one about it.

In fact most do. Lived here my entire life and the vast majority of people I know prefer beans in chili.

>cumin sense

Can confirm. Only the sperglords freak out about beans

Texans are faggots and they LOVE their memes.

We do use beans.

I go to 2 of the biggest chilli cookoffs in the state every year and the majority use beans.

The 'no beans' thing is just some shit that people who don't know dick say to sound like elitists. It's ridiculous.

Now if you serve BBQ with sauce on it, you can go straight to hell.

People not using beans in chili is bizarrely to me, but then so is not using tomatoes. But I can let a lot pass on chili. The only thing that makes me reee is when chili is soupy instead of thicc

They do but they call it chili WITH beans not just chili. Also they don't use kidney beans like yankees.

best post

I hear many people use sodas like root beer or cola as their "secret" ingredient. They say it's good but I don't know. Sounds like it would make it worse

Fucking Cali reject get out of my state RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

why do people put corn in chili

This, only Irish Stew Autist-tier retards actually care about it. Literally the same guys lose their shit when you put other ingredients in a grilled cheese "B-but it's a melt!".

Also beans, onions & rice are a good cheap way to double or triple the volume of any meal. Shit's important when you're broke.

I'm going to put soybeans in my next batch of chili and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

I use beans. Shit man, I'm poor af and when I make it I gotta make a bunch. I put it in those screw-top Ziploc containers and freeze the leftovers, let it sit in my locker at work to defrost and then have lunch ready

[spoiler] I also add peanut butter as a mix-up topping. Just something a family member got me to doing. It's really good. I swear I don't add it to the whole batch, just my bowl. [/spoiler]

is that a Bolognese sauce in OP?

I use dark chocolate (over 70%) and Weißbier
Tried it with only the beer and only the chocolate but the combo was best

damn you perverse villain

>It's cumin sense

europoor here
I never had a good chili
care to share a recipe? I do the groceries tomorrow

>chili paste

Kill yourself.

>poor people filling food
Beans are one of the most important iron ions sources, my dear Anglo dipshit
No wonder your people are a bunch of fatty anemic fucks

I'm sure others will call mine shit, but I use ground beef, onion, garlic, bell pepper, tomatoes, kidney beans, pinto beans. Brown the beef, sautee onions, garlic, bell pepper, add tomatoes & chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, add beans, simmer for no less than an hour, ideally much longer. Unless you're using lean beef don't forget to drain it, otherwise you'll get really oily chili. You can add flour or corn starch to thicken, but I like mine a bit soupy.

They taste good.

If you don't put tomato in chili you're a cuck.

>If you don't put tomato in chili you're a cuck.
>cuck
Retard.

>phoneposter
>calling someone a retard
Good one.

tyfam

>good recipes
here's the last 50 "world championship" chili recipes

chilicookoff.com/Recipe/Recipe_WCCC_Recipes.asp?Cat=1

I'll add that the 2010 entry is probably the one with the most attainable ingredients for a eurobitch

you have chili championships?!
I think the hard part is the different chili powders, here we mostly have generic chili flakes without distinctions. I'll try to see if I can find some in the asian store nearby.

desu people almost always overdo beans in their chili.

I'd honestly have no beans than way too many

What if I add sauce after I get the bbq?

Pay to import a bottle of Tabasco, you only use a couple of drops at a time so it lasts long. Shit's made out of salt, vinegar and chilipepper, fermented for like a year I think, very spicy, it's a household name for a reason.

I can find green and red tabasco easily I like it on eggs

Nice.

Another good one is pickled jalapeno, couple of tablespoons of that (and a little bit of the vinegar it's pickled in) I find does a lot for flavor. Don't overdose though.

Tomato paste > Pieces of tomatoes.

That I can't find
It's too specific they don't have them in asian stores...
I can find cayenes, bird's eyes and some that I think are habaneros since they're insanely hot in comparison to the others

exactly you can kill the taste of expensive meat with cheap beans and thats not good. if you want beans make a veggie chili

My biggest grip with beans in chili is most people used canned, which are not good or don't know how to properly cook their beans and they come out being chalky and undercooked or totally overcooked. As a man who eats a lot of beans, if you can't do them right, don't put them in chili and most people can't do them right.

>can't find pickled jalapeno
are you from yurop or something? All north american grocery stores carry pickled jalapenos, at the very least they have the little cans of them

It isn't hard to pickle things yourself anyway

yes I live in Europe
I can't pickle them myself, you cannot find them fresh either

Look around in TexMex shelves, you MIGHT find something like I describe, depending on where you live.

I'm using middle of the road pork and beef and their flavor is still there after two cans of beans.

Well, what you could do is to do a long term project and get yourself some jalapeno seeds to plant.

I find that fresh jalapeno really adds very little to the flavor of my chili, but the picked stuff gives it a very pleasing kick.

I'll keep watching for it
I've never considered that it's actually smart.
I'll search about it. Thanks!

Wrong

>not using both

I have never been to that board, nor do I want to go.

I'm sorry my addition of peanut butter made you upset.

because beans are a mexican staple

I have a bro that adds bitter chocolate to his whole batch...

Seems like chocolate or peanut butter additions would be awful. At least you only do your bowl.

Beans are an everyone staple, it's very fast to grow and is rich in protein and iron, fucking everyone eats beans.

>making a big pot of chili last night
>wanted to dash in a little more cumin
>cap was loose
>dump entire bottle in
>still eat it because i love cumin

mmm

Because traditional Chili con Carne does not have beans in it. It just doesn't.

That being said, adding beans to your Chili con Carne is fucking delicious.

I've never tried saltines with my chili, is it good?

Moreover, if I like nachos, will I like cornbread with my chili?

Canned beans or waste 2 hours cooking dry beans?

We do

ITS CALLED CHILI

NOT HAMBURGER SOUP

you're right, it's hamburger, peppers and bean stew

Canned is fine if you don't get a garbage brand.

I'll cumin your chili

What kind of beans do they use?

>tabasco
>very spicy

>I'll cumin your chili
I'd be insulted if you didn't.

I have no idea, my husband does it and I've learned to put up with it. I guess his mom made it that way or something.

>I've never tried saltines with my chili, is it good?
It's not bad. I liked it more when I was a kid though.
>Moreover, if I like nachos, will I like cornbread with my chili?
Cornbread and chili are delicious together. Definitely try it.

>Moreover, if I like nachos, will I like cornbread with my chili?
????????????????????
I don't understand the connection here.

Which brand is good?

>poor people filler food

That's exactly what chili is.

Chili is cost-effective to make in large amounts. You can make a pot of chili and a pan of cornbread to feed a family of four for under ten dollars if you do it right.

>Chili con Carne
>Chili con carne (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈtʃili koŋ ˈkaɾne];[1] English: chili with meat), commonly known in American English as simply "chili", is a spicy stew containing chili peppers, meat (usually beef), and often tomatoes and beans. Other seasonings may include garlic, onions, and cumin.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chili_con_carne

no.

anyone who does that needs to be slapped
straight up whole corn doesn't go in fucking anything, it always makes whatever it's in worse. Little popping juicy corns that never mesh their flavor with what they're in in any way whatsoever because the kernel is impenetrable.

Depends on where you live, if you're American, I couldn't tell you which brand.

Your new book will bomb, Maddox.

I guess nachos are made of corn, and both are eaten with chili?

I guess I'll have to look for some. Or bake it.

>kidney beans
Neck yourself. You must be from east texas. Pintos or Pink beans or GTFO.

If you're going to add beans, do it right. Either cook up some pintos or pink beans, seasoned well, or buy some Ranch Style beans and use those, or make your own ranch beans and add those.

Adding beans to chili is just a personal preference. However, it's an absolute NO at any chili competitions. People want to taste meat and heat, not beans. Also, never add beans to chili meant for using as a topping, that's just a terrible idea in the first place.

I seriously doubt they allow beans at Terlingua, which is the mother of all chili cookoffs, but if that rule has changed, please post source.

I like using kidney beans and navy beans.

Texas is overrated.

>secret ingredient
kentucky bourbon

with the beans in

Tomato paste adds too strong of a tomato flavor, you're not making fucking tomato sauce.
>Not using Ro-tel, are you fucking retarded?

>tfw when mom is a yank but dad is a descendent of Texan peanut farmers

>beans AND corn in our chili

I'm sorry y'all

Not Texan but personally, i don't put beans in my chili because I HATE the texture of them, also I mostly make Cincinnati chili.

Saltines are the best, followed by cornbread.
Every generation of my family (that I knew growing up) would eat their chili with saltines (either on the side or crumbled in), hot sauce (usually Tabasco or Louisiana brand), and all the men (as well as some of the women) would crumble chile pequins on top as well (now those suckers make a hot chili topper). Some people would put cheese on top, some didn't. Sometimes we'd add beans, sometimes we didn't (depended on who was cooking the chili and how many people we were serving).

Then you eat Faggot chili, sir.
Kidney beans can never break down enough to amalgamate with the rest of the ingredients. That's bad for chili.

I love you texas

Doesn't need to break down.

anyone ever been to real chili in Milwaukee? shits cash

Oh hell yes they do. Just what everyone wants, to take a bite of tender, saucy, spicy chili and have a giant tough bean right in the middle of it. Kidney beans suck.

>giant tough bean
Then I don't know how the fuck you cook them, they're soft like everything else you cook in it.

i think its cincinnati style with spagetthi noodles and amazing.

Kidney bean are never as tender as other types of bean. It's one reason they're favored for things like salads (same for chickpeas). They have a thicker skin, and don't break down as easily. Pintos are the supreme chili bean.

See, I add a lot of spice and I like the sweetness a little PB adds to the spice. Not drowning it of course, just a little. Also, I kinda feel it makes sense. Peanuts are legumes, beans are legumes.

A small amount of cocoa powder goes a long way. Makes the savory flavor "pop" a bit more. Hard to explain. You really don't need much at all.

(And of course im well aware of how strange it is that I add that, so that's why I don't do the batch. I'm at least halfway considerate of my guests.)