Hey co/ck/s i just bought a dutch oven, pic related. what are the best things to cook in one of these...

hey co/ck/s i just bought a dutch oven, pic related. what are the best things to cook in one of these? i am already going to do no knead bread

Food.

Gulash

interesting, compelling, and rich

Kill someone from the Netherlands and cook them

I think the right of passage is a braised short ribs.

yes! thank you
import tax is too much thank you

Preferably from an actual Dutchman

Slow cook a lamb shoulder.

I use mine to make gumbo, jambalaya, and for pork and beef roasts.

ty anons

Coq au vin.
(That's a nice green enamel)

I like making étouffée and gumbo and stuff in mine

I also use it for baking

Cassoulet works well in those

Omg that's fuckin sexy.

you're gonna make me blush

here. I made no knead bread for the first time and it was incredible

I use my dutch oven for everything — roasting a chicken and making pot roast in the oven, and making every kind of soup and chili on the stove top. It's great for things like mujadara, too.

Baked beans

Are enameled pots like this dishwasher safe?

hearty meaty soups

To an extent. You should hand-wash most of the time. Machine dishwashing detergents are a lot chemically harsher than conventional dish soaps so they'll etch away the enamel over time. You'll end up with a matte textured surface that makes food stick and burn more easily.

The fritted enamels they use on metal pots and pans is a softer glass than the glazes on most dishes. Kind of like how lead crystal is softer than other glass stemware and also doesn't hold up well for long being washed by machine. You could throw it in there once in a while without a noticeable change though.

beans
>no pun intended

Beef ragu

Making Zuppa Toscana in mine tonight.

Is there a difference between OP's dutch oven and pic related?

P O T
O
T

R O A S T
O
A
S
T

Braised meats. Try shortribs. Dont forget onions...carmalize them.

Persian rice with potato tahdig