How do vegans do a keto diet?

How do vegans do a keto diet?
Are they able to pull it off?
I have been interested in converting but worry about gaining weight from all the carbs.

I don't think a keto diet is something you can be on long term anyway right?

If you want to go vegan then just do it after the keto diet has run its course

otherwise i guess your best bet would be olives and nuts and dark chocolate

It's possible, but very highly restricted. You'll be eating from a very narrow selection of hemp, soy, chia, and flax for protein. Plain tree nuts are doable but by themselves will not come close to providing adequate protein.

I've been meaning to get my gf to go on a similar diet, but it just seems way too hard to maintain.

sounds potentially more expensive than normal keto

Is she a bigger girl?

Was she a great big fat person?

uhhhh... like... all avocados and almonds, all the time?

I've been thinking about this question for a while. I think you'd have to get most of your protein from tofu. Afaik, tofu is the only plant-based food item in which protein content is relatively high, and carbohydrate content is very low. I don't think there's another way to do it and stay between 20-40g of carbohydrates a day. And fruit is out entirely except for avocados. You'll be wanting to save all the spare carbs after the tofu for the most nutrient rich leafy vegetables possible.

Tofu:

Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
Energy 291 kJ (70 kcal)
Carbohydrates 1.5 g
Fat 3.5 g
Saturated 0.5 g
Protein 8 g

For a man my size, with my muscle mass, I'd have to eat 500g of tofu daily to get a minimum of 40-some grams of protein. That would only be 7.5g of carbs, giving me a minimum of 12.5g to spare on vegetables. I would fill all the rest of the calories with fats.

Heh. I'll try it if you do, OP.

Ketoveganism pls be real.

Only if you're eating oily nuts/seeds and vegetable/nut oils. Keto can't be too high in protein. It's a high fat moderate protein diet.

500g of tofu a day really isn't that bad considering it's like 1 package, and there are tons of ways to marinate it to keep it interesting. Honestly ketoveganism would be super effective for losing weight just by sheer merit of being restrictive. I wouldn't do it long term though because cutting out fruits and beans is retarded.

I only want it to exist because it would be the most obnoxious diet ever invented by humankind. And yeah, tofu is so fucking boring you can do almost anything to it. I think the firm tofu fits the nutritional requirements best.

beans make you fat

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

>How do vegans do a keto diet?

They don't.

>Are they able to pull it off?

No.

>I have been interested in converting but worry about gaining weight from all the carbs.

Count your calories, and if you start getting fat, eat less. It's doable even with high carb vegan/vegetarian food.

Its pure carbs dude

> it's pure energy

i fail to see the problem

i guess they could do it with hemp protein powder. hemp has a tremendous amount of protein.

>pure energy
So are pancakes