What will we eat in 100 years?

I like Dan Barber's "The Third Plate," and thought to reproduce a bit of the thought experiment here.

we'll be eating a lot less meat for sure.

In 100 years most meat will be lab grown. Animal corpse meat will be a high class specialty item that rich people will eat as a meme food and most other people will find creepy and gross.

Nothing. We'll be dead.

Well Monsanto is killing all the produce.
The government's poisoning all the wheat.
The fruits and vegetables are covered in poison.

I'd say we'll be eating GMO wheat spaghetti, poisonous wheat chemicals added, with Monsanto brand tomato sauce in 100 years.

Or Carl's JR.

I think we'll be eating meal replacements like soylent, while eating food is a luxurious event

That or literally everyone can't cook and has to go to their designated Walmart to buy meal packs

>grow meat in lab
>slaughter animal to get fat
>mix lab meat with animal fat
>"It's vegan!"

Lol.

How is The Third Plate...? Dan Barber is a brilliant dude.

I think the idea is that less animals have to be slaughtered and you get a bigger food yield from it

it's cloning meat in a way

I like to think we'll finally find a why to make human safe for consumption. I want to try long pig.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just genetically engineer a cow body with no higher brain functions, extraneous inedible limbs or proper organs that is just intravenously fed until it grows enough meat, fat and skin to be harvested?

If you fry them correctly they taste like good mixture of shrimp and crab. Not sure why not many people try these.

>fat only comes from animals

>subsists on literally nothing but liquid soy
that explains a lot

that or lab meat, yes

Do you unironically think we won't outlive aging? Very naive

I assume there will be huge plagues that kill off billions of third world shitskins

Oats.

Potatoes or some other incredibly high yield gmo crop.
Maybe a mix of amaranth, cassava, sweet tato, beans and tato

What's this dish?

Probably mostly the same stuff, since we eat a the same stuff we did 100 years ago..

too little meat not worth it
it's not the end of days until I say it is

That's the holy grail of meat-production but I am pretty sure veggie cunts are going to fight it because "muh feelings".

That's like saying shrimp aren't worth it. You just gotta eat a bunch of them.

Actual meat I can see this happening. Nationwide farming and meat processing is getting out of hand because of how high our population is compared to even a hundred years ago. Not to mention that we're starting to do retarded shit like ship US chicken over to China to be "cleaned and prepped" and then ship it back over here, stuff like that is going to get us all killed.
By the way what dish is that in the OP, some kind of squid neopolitan?

>um like comeon its against nature
>but this is safer to eat, infinitely less cruel and infinitely less economically and environmentally wasteful (as nutrients would be extracted by some kind of efficient industrial process rather than a cow's methane spewing bacteria infested guts)
>ohmagawd but why cant you just eat organic dont you even have a trust fund? why cant the whole world just eat overpriced vegetables from organic farms that produce far less food per acre than any other kind of farming, thats like what mother nature intended

Less wheat, more rice/millet/sorghum and tubers.

Less meat and if acidity gets as bad as some claim in the oceans less wild caught fish and more closed system aquaculture.

This is why the word "ethics" is such a berserk button for me. It seems to basically be a word to oppose science without any reason.

>an entire thread of people who actually bought into the Malthus meme
Lol keep stressing about a future that will never come

it makes more sense to just slaughter cows