/cawfee/

/coffee general/

how do you lads brew your own cold coffee? recently i've just been using an old french press and having my juices sit over night in the fridge

anything to do differently or specific equipment to buy?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/46612013
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't fall for the drip tower meme
French press is really good for coldbrew
If I just need a quickie tho I'll brew with 50% less water replaced with ice in my schemes and that gets it done just fine

*Chemex

>using an old french press and having my juices sit over night in the fridge
That's how I make my cold brew. Turns out just fine.

I just picked up a manual grinder, gooseneck kettle, and V60
Gonna use cheapo beans until I get consistent enough with my grind and pouring to make a good cup, and then check out some local roasters.

Anyone have any tips/preferred methods for the V60?

Drip brew.
Add sugar.
Add a tray of ice.

People will hate me for thus post, but they're literally the same as dabs people.

Please, I just tossed two scoops of black folgers in a 20+ year old coffee maker and added sugar.

I am more pleb than you, you patrician connoisseur.

Aha I raise you a 20 year old machine and dollar store coffee.

Measure the amount of water if you want to make consistent cups. Too much or too little water makes big differences

Take coffee
Put it in water
Let chill overnight
Strain

I actually tried some dollar store cover with my goodwill coffee maker. It actually was a lot better than I thought

Ingredients for Coffee (2 cups/16oz)

•Brown Cane Sugar/Turbinado (2TB)
•Powdered Pink Himalayan Salt (a few dashes)
•Ceylon Cinnamon (1/4tsp)
•Butter (1/2TB)
•Cocoa (1/4tsp)

Fill mug with ingredients
Fill halfway with coffee
Stir until butter is metled
Fill mug up with coffee.

Use scales to both measure the amount of beans and amount of water you are pouring in.

Don't use freshly boiled water. Let it boil and then rest for ~30 seconds or so.

Make sure you bloom the grounds first and allow to sit for 30 seconds before you do your pour

When pouring, make sure you don't pour on the edges, as this will cause the water to travel the path of least resistance and not steep the grounds properly.

Appreciate the tips. I love coffee, but I've wanted to "make" my own for a long time and just never got around to making the starting investment until now.

I bet this is just as unpleasant as butter with soy

not at all the salt thing is what sailors do to their coffee the butter acts as a richer creamer and the rest is for a sweeter flavor personally I enjoy mine black but not bad

>falling for the coffee jew

Anyone roast there own beans? I had a roommate who was doing that for awhile, it was awesome but then his funky Korean roaster broke. It used to be cheap, but I'm pretty sure the price of green beans is on the rise.

I need to drag my French press out, quit alcohol and I've been drinking coffee like mad.

I actually like to add a bit of salt to my coffee, too. Makes it pop a little bit. Not sure about the butter, but hey man, you do you.

I regularly leave half cups of black coffee sitting around, i'll wake up and drink a cold cup that was sitting out all day the previous day, does bacteria grow in acidic coffee?

>anime

vimeo.com/46612013

Has anyone tried this? Thoughts? I would like to try it, but I want the opinions of this board first.

>Get out of bed, drag myself into kitchen
>pull down coffee mug, pour water in it.
>realize it's a glass, get mug,
>drop mug on floor, watch it roll around
>pick it up, blow dust out of it
>pour water from glass to mug.
>get non dairy creamer out, open it up
>dump 3 times as much as I want into mug
>put creamer away, get instant coffee down
>no spoon, just shake it out into mug.
>not enough, little more, little more, oh shit, way too much.
>double up on sugar cause fucked up coffee.
>microwave for 4, no 2 1/2 minutes
>All spoons in sink, find unused butterknife.
>stir coffee with knife
>spill it on the counter, can't find dish rag
(it's hiding right in front of me, half hanging out of a drawer)
>Leave spill, go to dining room table, sip coffee and try to wake the fuck up.

My morning coffee routine.

Actually, it is really good.

Where does one get cheese cloth? I can't find it at the supermarket. My coffee filter fell apart when I tried to strain my cold brew.

Gallon of water and half pound of coffee. Then I leave it in fridge over night.

How do you feel about half & half?

I literally put a spoonful of instant coffee in a cut a run hot tap water on it. Va la

>instant + hot water

all you need

cool story bro

absolute meme on the same tier as all that "bacon on everything XD" garbage, if you want caffeine, get caffeine pills/gum
if you want something that tastes good, get decent coffee

What does americano taste like and why does it cost more than brewed regular coffee?

Do you always feel compelled to make these cringeworthy OPs?

>Be working at shitty chain coffee shop
>Moron customer orders entirely too much cream in her coffee
>Drives back around to complain that her coffee is too cold
>Have to remake it the same way, but stick it in the microwave so it "magically" becomes warmer

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL PEOPLE THAT CREAM MAKES COFFEE COLDER YOU FUCKING TROGLODYTE

CAN YOU DO ME A FAVOR AND LEARN HOW TEMPERATURE FUCKING WORKS

GODDAMNIT

So my dad just gifted me pic related, is it any good?

literally just an espresso and additional hot water
aka a long black

I like my coffee with lots of rum in it

I tried it once. I had a little bit on an empty stomach and I got all jittery and weird.
It wasn't anything special in terms of flavor. If you really need that much caffeine, something is wrong with you.

bump

My man. (or maybe a little kahlua or other liqueur instead)

how many cups of coffee do you drink per day? I'm running on 3 and a half, working on a fourth..

Super underwhelming, it was a lot lighter than I thought it'd be, wouldn't really recommend it honestly. Just a meme coffee for annoying hipsters.

3 pints between 5 am and 8 am, another 3 between noon and 5 pm

Do any of you make your coffee with a coffee pan like pic related? It's pretty good