Is everyone fucking depressed here ? Just look at your fucking """"favorite"""" books

Is everyone fucking depressed here ? Just look at your fucking """"favorite"""" books.

Mwaaaah .... the normie threads.... have always been condemned for their lack of quality

'favorite'

Oh shit nvm I forgot America is retarded and that's how they spell it xd

Nice bait though.

You're actually an idiot aren't you? You aren't just pretending.

ye xd

>complaining about an obsolete list which """coincidentally""" was posted on Reddit this year
Well.

What about this one ? I've got both.

(and it's still depressing shit)

Are you too much of a mongoloid to know what the current year is?

Most Proper Literature is what you petty bourgeois philistines call """"depressing"""". Conflict, whether psychological or external, is an inextricable part of the Human Condition.

Nobody reads anything in this shithole, chump.

first off, yes, secondly that chart was democratically constructed so of course everyone thinks it's shit.

>people who browse anonymous image boards
>happy people

Choose one

get in here feagots
>

>your favorite fucking books
>your

[CURRENT YEAR INTENSIFIES]

>The Stranger
>Number 2
I mean yeah it's alright but jeez, guys.

>you have to be depressed to read books which do not have happy ends and retarded humor

I get the feeling that you can not take the top ten seriously anyway, because people meme the books in there without even touching them.

Nice dubs.

Hi imgur

It would be nice if we had more than 3 votes to use to move books up. The fact that there is not one Shakespeare book in the top 10 is sad, I'm just glazing through the bottom 50 and don't even see MacBeth (or any of his works, save Hamlet). Paradife Lost (sp?) is at 46. I don't even see a Krasznahorkai novel and he's possibly the greatest living novelist. Infinite Jest at no. 3 is embarrassing; why a poor man's Gravity's Rainbow and possibly the least interesting novel post-WW2 stylistically, thematically, and plot, is ahead of The Recognitions, Ficciones, Gravity's Rainbow, etc. is beyond me.

Where is Henry Miller, probably the only modernist to give Joyce a run for his money?

> Harry Potter
> Fight Club

it's amazing how Veeky Forums grew up in the few years I didn't visit here

i'm almost proud of you all (there probably are still some people here that are unironically marxist)

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

>voters were allowed to enter five books

This is a ridiculous method of forming a top 100. Only the top 5-10 entries can be relied on, and even then only partly.

To put in other terms, only 14% of voters thought Ulysses should even be in the top 5. An overwhelming majority of voters thought Ulysses shouldn't be top 5.

This is why you need exhaustive ballot or runoff voting.

>you leave
>Veeky Forums stops being shit

Take the hint buddy

>5 votes

cool aggregate list

Upboated

Well, if I read 'normie' books will it make me happy?

Stoner is so good. Wow.

>Great Gatsby
>Harry Potter
1/10 made me reply

I can't speak for everyone but I certainly am.