Clamato

Does anyone know the joy of the Clamato cocktail? They are fucking delicious. I quit drinking about 6 months ago and these are a godsend. I make them spicy as hell.

Love Clamato. Makes the best Bloody Mary's.

Damn, looks like it would be pretty salty

You barely pour much of anything, and then seltzer lightens it up. You can stretch out that Clamato forever with it.

Gotta try this.

Only time I use Clamato is to make a michelada.

>Clamato
>beer
>salt
>lime
>hot sawce
>tajin or chili powder

Done.

don't forget your celery stick you canadian fuck!

That's what I based it off of. A "virgin michelada," if you will.

Where'd you glean Canada from?

Yeah when I'm hungover I make one around noon and it brings me back to life. Can't taste much alcohol and the spicyness is great, after one or two I'm ready to start drinking again lol

anyone have a recipe for it? i know it's clam juice and tomato juice mixed but like a ratio?

i'd really love to make my own

Literally only Canadians drink Caesar cocktails.

Every other nation on the face of God's green earth thinks it's a savory abomination.

Like, for the drink or Clamato itself? I'd just buy it, personally. They sell clam juice. I've considered buying some to boost the fishiness.

Really. I thought it was a Hispanic thing.

I'm making one now OP

how much is that clamato in the States and how long does it keep once opened?

Like $2.50-3. I'd use it for 2 weeks or so.

thanks m8. that same bottle in OPs pic works out to $4.50 in UK.

yeah.. i think i could do it better

fresher taste and less salt i'm going to try 25 clam/75 tomato mix and just add clam juice until it's right

Let me know how it goes. Compared to V8, Clamato is less thick and sweeter. I'm not a V8 fan really at all.

What are the ratios you use?

Ice
~1 cup Clamato
Generous squirt of lime
1 shake of worchestershire
2-3 shakes soy sauce
Hot sauce and spicy seasoning to taste

And a can of seltzer

So I went out and tried making this. Dude, this is amazing! This is my new favorite drink.