What do you guys think of Starbucks?

What do you guys think of Starbucks?

It provides endless material for shitposting because the coffee snobs have something to feel superior to, the McChicken crowd has something to feel inferior to, flyovers can feel culturally intimidated by, /pol/tards can get triggered by because a woman went there once, and anti-corporate types can rave about how it's too mainstream MAAAAAAN

I think nothing.

It's okay.

Smoothies are pretty good. Everything else is shit.

They're practically a ice cream parlor or a candy store with all that sugary trash

literally nothing wrong with it. the actual coffee roasts are pretty damn good. they cater to all markets, but people seem to only meme about the shit they make for all the nu-hipsters/white women.

The actual cafes are usually pretty nice looking, too. It's really just the fags on macs that ruin it.

TL;DR Starbucks is fine, it's just got a lot of shitty people consuming it.

>TL;DR Starbucks is fine, it's just got a lot of shitty people consuming it.
I think you confused Starbucks for Blue Bottle or Intelligentsia

Starbucks is fucking terrible but it's hard to make any generalizations about the people consuming it because it's so ubiquitous, it would be like making generalizations about people who have iPhones. Anyone who raves about these things being "for the hipsters" is stuck in a time warp from 10+ years ago

5/10

Their water is ok, but everything else is too sugary for me and their black coffee is office tier.

ehh

>Anyone who raves about these things being "for the hipsters" is stuck in a time warp from 10+ years ago
No, if they think that the McDonald's of coffee is "hipster," then they're stuck in a flyover shithole.

>stuck in a time warp
>flyover shit hole
Is there a difference?

Looks like she's holding her legs back.

> Anyone who raves about these things being "for the hipsters" is stuck in a time warp

topkek please kill yourself fucking moron

The fact that something so shitty can be so expensive yet so successful really shows how vapid and motivated by social symbols normies really are. I don't even hate Starbucks, I consider it a form of art.

or anywhere outside america

>Anyone who raves about these things being "for the hipsters" is stuck in a time warp from 10+ years ago
lolwut
>it would be like making generalizations about people who have iPhones.
only hipsters use iphones anyway you dumbfuck, terrible example
>blue bottle or intelligentsia
what? what even is that? sounds like cheap aftershave brands.

>expensive

a fucking medium coffee is like $3 kek what are you talking about

As opposed to the 10 cents it costs to make better coffee at home, that's really fucking expensive.

it's literally 50% to two times more expensive than all the other coffee chains here
and it has noticably worse coffee to top it off
why is it succesful then?
because teenage girls and total fags go there since it's trendy and some celebrity probably just tweeted about it or something
no idea how it is in the states, but over here starbucks is the beats audio of coffee

Nigger

Too much sugar. Overpriced.

I think it's ok. I don't know how anybody says it's expensive. It's about the same as any other coffee shop, give or take a few cents.

I like getting a venti iced green tea with two pumps of raspberry sometimes

>only hipsters use iphones anyway you dumbfuck, terrible example
>30% of the country and and in fact the majority of cell phone users are hipsters

How have you not inadvertently killed yourself, retard?

Don't really like their normal coffee, but their americanos and cold brew are pretty good. I usually only end up in one in airports or shitty towns in redneck country, since there are better choices in most other places.

magnificent post

>It's really just the fags on macs that ruin it.
About that...

Digital Nomad here, they're really useful for when I just can't get my VPN working on my hotel/hostel wifi or the shopping mall I was using doesn't have power points. Starbucks has saved my butt lots of times, they're also the only place to get a soy latte outside the western world.

>Looks like she's holding her legs back.
I always like to imagine what is cropped out of the bottom of the image.

>a fucking medium coffee is like $3 kek what are you talking about
It's about $5 here and way more expensive than a decent Americano at lots of other places. I put up with it because they're the only people around here with soy milk and I like lattes but don't like farting a lot.

It's not entirely bad. Yes, the frappucinos are fucking revolting by any measure and they can't make a decent espresso to save their lives, but the French pressed coffee tastes alright (or pretty good by Dunkin' Donuts and McDicks standards). Also, their Clover-brewed coffee is genuinely worth the premium.
As for coffee beans, some of their reserve blends (e.g. Peru Chontali) are very nice indeed.

>It's about $5 here and way more expensive than a decent Americano at lots of other places. I put up with it because they're the only people around here with soy milk and I like lattes but don't like farting a lot.

There is no place in the country where a medium Starbucks coffee is $5. A medium coffee in NYC or SF is still like $2.40. I can't imagine there's another place in the country where it's more expensive.

There was a good coffee shop near my work that used a clover, as soon as sbux started using them they dropped it like a flaming turd

The coffee it made was pretty good but 95% of brewing is beans, roast, grind, freshness, water, temperature, and time. Weak link = shit coffee

A fancy gizmo like that is fun to watch but it's not going to make up for the fact that it's fucking starbucks beans going into it

>A medium coffee in NYC or SF is still like $2.40
Yeah sure, at Pret or some shitty place like that.

A good coffee shop charges about that much for a 12 oz. More if you order a manual pourover, although I don't do that because they always fuck it up.

>Not making your own coffee at home
>Paying for something that is free at most places of employment
>Wanting to talk to 16 year old staff members about race

I'll pass

We're clearly talking about Starbucks specifically. I walked into a Starbucks on fucking Market in SF last week and paid $2.40.

Clearly? You're talking "medium coffee", I thought they throw you out of sbux if you say that. You're supposed to say "tall" or "venti" or whatever it is.

Is intelligensia bad? I went for them after not too much time researching coffee. Seems like pretty good coffee to me but I'm sure I could do better.

I have my own grinder at home and a stovetop espresso setup.

The first guy said "It's about $5 here and way more expensive than a decent Americano at lots of other places" in a clear comparison of Starbucks to "other places."

I always just say "medium" or "16 oz" at Starbucks and I've never had a problem. I don't think Starbucks is great coffee but it is readily available most of the time.

It's burnt.

People mostly bitch about it because it's popular therefore it sucks, also they are now owned by like a private equity firm or something, so, again, it sucks, like how goose island is pisswater because the holding company has a po box in the wrong place.

Some of their coffee is excellent, I think their black cat is just so-so, some of their seasonal blends are amazing

The reason I don't like them is they're not roast to order, but they charge like they are

take your stale memes and fuck off >>>/reddit/

>There is no place in the country where a medium Starbucks coffee is $5. A medium coffee in NYC or SF is still like $2.40. I can't imagine there's another place in the country where it's more expensive.
It's that expensive in China.

You failed to read the part where I said: >outside the western world

J.