Just got this from my brother

>tfw I am Hungarian so I can read the new Krasznahorkai book

Feels comfy, senpaitachi. Also, Merry Christmas for all of u, litizens!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_names
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's amazing it took so long for a culture of dogs to produce at least one worthwhile writer.

Congrats on barely beating abos.

lol they fucked up his name, wow

i was gonna post this

Don't be so butt-hurt, Radu. It's christmas afterall :*

I'm unclear as to what your insult was here. I see you wagging your tail but I don't see why.

>fucked up his name

nigga wat

its backwards

i guess that's what i should expect from destitute publishers in a country that can only make art works about how depressing it is to be born a hungarian

What does the title translate to mate? It must have something to do with The Melancholy of Resistance; Eszter lives on Wenckheim avenue?

>its backwards

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_names

I'm also from there but I bought Olga Grushin's The Line instead and now I feel like a fucking pleb.

hungarians confirmed for backwards brutes

can we get a thread about slovak writers for a change?

>slovak
>writers

Baron Wenckheim returns home or smthg like that.

Nah, the Wenckheim family was a big thing in the area where Krasznahorkai grew up. They repopulated the area with slovaks and I think germans after the turks left. And basically owned every land here for a long time

No, The Homecing of Baron Wenckheim. It is currently being translated by Ottilie Mulzet

'Baron Wenckheim returns home'
And yes, the story of this novel takes place in the same city.

Reading Seiobo there below right now. It's pretty good and his style is surprisingly comfy.

Merry Christmas! Now that he's won the International Man Booker, I imagine most of his stuff will get translated sooner or later.

boldog karácsonyt famalam

Boldog karácsonyt tesó(k)

most fejeztem be a Madame Bovary-t és pont egy Krasznahorkait akartam elkezdeni
melyik könyve legyen az első?

BIZON ISTEN, AZ EGY IGAZI MAGYAR KONYV

Én anno a Kegyelmi viszonyokat olvastam elsőként

milyen szép triplák

Im not Hungarian, and I wish I could be prideful of any anglo literature, but you guys do realize he's the only person consistently publishing good books in the entire world right now? No one has written a book as good as Krasznahorkai since Gravity's Rainbow 50-something years ago.

koszi tasver

>Hungarian """""""""""""""""""""""""""""literature"""""""""""""""""""""""""".

let meg guess, you must be an expert