How does one obtain a literary gf?

How does one obtain a literary gf?

No such thing. Now delete this thread.

Go the library. Now delet dis

I figured this thread would trigger homosexuals.

you don't want one
trust me
you really, really don't

why?

He had one that didn't work out so well.
Common gripe among these sorts.

Book-y places. But don't get all wrapped up in the idea. Maybe what you need is a woman who admires literary BFs.
Wouldn't it nice if she were an excellent cook, or rich or something.
In any event, good luck finding someone.

>tfw cute gf hates YA and slam poetry and loves Nabokov and Kafka

This is what true happiness feels like

Post her feet

>Maybe what you need is a woman who admires literary BFs.

This.

Also worth pointing out that women don't like misanthropes.

Post yours

>Nabokov and Kafka
what entry-level taste

Women who want "literary BFs" are looking for romantic "artist-types" just like in their movies. Best to ignore these type of people because they're usually psueds

>wanting a girlfriend already patrician
>not wanting a promising one that you can share books with and both simultaneously improve

To be fair, I've never met any girl who's expressed interest in finding a literary BF. Most girls I know just want somebody sincere and fun, which is the opposite of somebody who reads books all day.

>which is the opposite of somebody who reads books all day.
Christ, user

Why would you want a gf whose interests are congruent to yours? friction is hot. I'm dating an artist and because we both try and play devil's advocate we're in constant disagreement about our ethical/aesthetic values, but the angry fucking makes it totally worth our whiles.

literary gfs are either bookish and timid or aggressive and staunchly independent feminists. I don't see why you would want either

Can confirm

>literary gfs are either bookish and timid or aggressive and staunchly independent feminists. I don't see why you would want either

Because odds are they're more interesting than any of the other single broads, desu.

Women can't be intelligent. "Literary gfs" are just posturing.

>can't be sincere and read lit

user. stop. you don't understand human beings.

But so am I

Usually literary gfs and bfs suffer from something. That's why all of you are here. You just need someone that gets you out of darkness, not someone that gets you more into it

>you aren't

May the lot of you remain untouched for the remainder of your days.

This.

either this is the posturing of a severely autistic manchild or a masterpiece of self-deprecating dry wit. either way good job 10/10 your mother would be so proud

reddit-tier post

I really dislike this post.

>Reading a book ontop of other books while sitting on a stack of books?

That seems uncomfortable and distracting.

She's thinking really hard

She's clearly rubbing her clit on that pile of books while reading, user

She is sitting over a chair, Borges.

perhaps, but there's also a good chance you've encountered a girl who reads to sublimate her crazy into more productive endeavours. Most self-confessed 'literary' people on here would agree reading is a good way of distancing yourself from the reality of your problems, and a book provides a fairly impenetrable veil which convinces yourself (and others) that you're interesting, when in reality we're all just emotionally dysfunctional and socially inept.

Advertising for your home board ought to be bannable.

You don't want one. They're all uber-liberals who will feel like they have to overpower you intellectually.

Anywhere, but don't go fetishizing types of people or you will be disappointed. My gf and I both have a love of literature although we are interested and very different types it is always nice to discuss what we've read and share opinions on this and that. It's very comfy especially because I find that my friends would be very bored with the things she lets me ramble about to her. I'm grateful for it. I met her through a friend of mine personally but like I said. Anyone can be found anywhere.

forget that dream. have sex, not girlfriends (nor boyfriends, cause it's the same)

>I find that my friends would be very bored with the things she lets me ramble about to her
100% this

my gf is one of the few people who actually engages with my inane rambling and pseudo-philosophical musings instead of just nodding and gazing right through me. It's the most amazing feeling to have someone who can both call me out on my bullshit and provide a well-reasoned, thoughtful response

>Anyone can be found anywhere.

I need elaboration on this.

It's very comforting and relieving. Very grateful for gfs who seem genuinely interested in your thoughts. Rather than adult babies who just whine all day and want you to be their father.

wish her merry christmas, from me

He means you can find her there in the place where you are or idk Africa

>Anyone can be found anywhere.
That's like saying a gun could be found in a gun-free zone

Any type of person can be thrown into your life nearly wherever you are. I've never found a good partner by "looking" for one. They've always just been people I come across by chance and they've made me happy for some time. Love will find you my friend.

Have any of you ever had a gf who start books but never finishes them? I used to have one and liked her a lot but that kind of thing drove me insane after a while.

why did u care?

Thanks user. I just went through a break-up so I'm in that slump where it feels like I'll never find anybody again. Your words make me happier.

In the end, literature is a hobby like anime is. It's something for lonely, depressed people. You don't want a gf like that.

>anime

Have you ever met a person that his only hobbie was anime? I have and they have something in the head that doesn't work too well specially if they are over 23 and still watching that.

>Stop projecting.
lmao

Yeah, I'm not really sure. I think it's because she was an intelligent person but seemed to spend 80% of her day scrolling Facebook.

I probably shouldn't have cared so much.

what if she spent 80% of her day scrolling Veeky Forums?

Normies don't love "Literature". They may love some books, they may like reading, but that's not literature.

>Have you ever met a person that his only hobbie was anime?

She had ADHD

Women are lazy, nothing new.

"To a woman, everything is an adornment"

t. Friedrich Nietzsche

wow she's sexy

What a fat attention-whoring bitch, she isn't even reading

post her feet

>tfw my gf was a biochem major, now in med school
>tfw she still reads more (and better) lit than most here
>tfw she can discuss ideas more in-depth than pretty much anybody here
>tfw she's hot af
>tfw she's left leaning but not an in-your-face sjw feminist
>tfw you were a lit and phil major and will be provided for by a qt doctor

I pretty much have it made, boys. There are certainly things about her that make me angry, but I am able to truthfully portray her in a way that makes her seem perfectly ideal

Fuck, I forgot to take the OP name off, disregard that

How much does a person needs to eat to gain that gross belly. Jesus Christmas, is not the fact she looks bad is the fact that she can't control what she eats which is meaning how fucked she is

Then at least we could have revelled in the memes.

What books are these, famalam?

ok OP

Post her feet after she's lost 50 pounds. Please and thank you.

>>tfw she still reads more (and better) lit than most here
>>tfw she can discuss ideas more in-depth than pretty much anybody here
I seriously doubt this. You probably overestimate her intelligence because you want to fuck her.

>Tfw no Kanbayashi GF

Why even live?

kys

I'm that person to my gf

Yeah I asked the same just kys already

No you

The best literary gf you can get is one of those chicks you see on Chaturbate. Even if they've never read a page in their life. I'm sure you can see how my reasoning makes sense. If not, kill yourselves.

i dropped the last 4 books i started, all of them had less than 40 pages left

>less than 40
FEWER
FEWER THAN 40
NO WONDER YOU DROPPED THEM, YOU'RE FUCKING ILLITERATE.

Language is evolving man

No it fucking isn't, stop justifying making a mistake you shouldn't be making past the age of 16

Are your and you're going to become interchangeable because people screw them up? Their/they're/there? Why not? Same shit, you just aren't being a coward justifying it because you don't make those mistakes

Fucking wew you autistic grammar Nazi, this is Veeky Forums not English class. Language changes, deal with it

I almost wrote "i dropped the last 4 books i started, they had less than 40 pages to end", but it sounds even worse. Pls no bully, i am dumb esl

I can't believe you got a response out of me, I was foolish to believe you were being genuine

Well played, user

No wonder why you are here

This is god tier bate, but assuming you're actually serious, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU TURNING TO GOOGLE TRANSLATE TO PROVE YOUR POINT. Google translate can't differentiate between quantifiable and non-quantifiable nouns, and its translations are always riddles with grammatical errors.
What what happens when I translate this post to Mandarin and back:

This is a god-class bate, but suppose you are actually serious, and why do you go to Google Translate to predict your point. Google translators can not distinguish quantifiers from non-quantifiers, and their translations always contain grammatical riddles.
What happens when I translate this article into Putonghua and come back:

Why do you care so much? Prescriptivists are so obnoxious.

Bate? Do you mean
B A I T

Whoops! Looks like I made a mistake. Instead of claiming that language is fluid and that I am actually correct, I will own up to it and try not to make it again in the future.

What did he mean by this?

I regret making that post, i will go finish my books now.

Yeah man, language is set in stone. We should all write "wepyng" instead of "weeping" because that's how it used to be in the Middle Ages before retards started misspelling it

>will finish my books now.
Fixed.

>Language isn't evolving

You're full of shit, usage shifts and changes on a daily basis. Prescriptivists like you also used to say you can't end a sentence with a preposition or split an infinitive, but if you adhered to those rules today you'd sound like even more of an idiot than you already do.

Good on you pal :^)

yeah, to be quite fucking honest English is awful in his use of vowels. there are literally no rules

Yaeh man, lgnuaage is cltoleempy fulid. We suohld all go aahed and witre lkie tihs. Why suhldon't we? You can sltil uaserntdnd it, can't you?

Is your keyboard ok, bro?