Dark ages of food

dark ages of food

milk chicken for ants?

maybe your monitor is just too big, you ever think about that? you piece of classicist, capitalist shit.

We don't all have giant 74 inch screens

i hope you die.

wut?
141.160 is the same on every monitor.

oh so now you think you know more than me? Fucking trump supporters.

Ignore it. It's a drunk (as if there is any other kind) Aussie.

That's actually not true. On a Full HD monitor, everything looks bigger than on a monitor that's the same size except 4k, because you have less pixels on the same surface, so each individual pixel takes up more space.

Of course, OP's picture is still too fucking small.

You want food gore? I got food gore.

Plenty more to come.

looks gud on my iPhone

here we go

wypipos food, amirite?!

>Black people touching Burger King

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrr

the only people that work at bks are niggers. if you eat anything from there, it's passed through their hands repeatedly.

If you're fascinated by the dark ages of 20th Century American food you might want to read A Square Meal, by Ziegleman and Coe. Really gives some context as to how economic and political forces coupled with misguided values and science really fucked up American cuisine.

Macaroni salad is pretty good

It's made pretty clear in the Burger King meme that they don't allow black people to touch your food

People probably should read that, since our government is bound and determined to send us right back 50 fucking years.

My grandparents have an entire shelf of these kinds of cookbooks from the 60s and early 70s.

I should take them and scan them here.

>Cheeseburger Towers

Post whole recipe pls

Ok, but you may be disappointed. Let me go find that book. brb

This might take me a little while, I forgot how many of these food gore cookbooks I have. I think I know which book it's in, though.

That sounds edible.

>dash cayenne

It's a worthy read, especially for anyone who grew up with some of these foodgore dishes at family events. This shit came from home economics, Cornell Ag School and Good Housekeeping. Thankfully many of these recipes didn't survive past WWII. I count myself lucky that I never had to suffer creamed spaghetti with carrots or liver loaf.

And reading about the politics of those who took a dim view of "handouts" while people were literally starving to death and food was rotting in storage because no one could afford to buy it really shows the stupidity of idealistic squabbles when people are suffering. We may complain about how fucked up our country is now, but it's nothing compared to the Great Depression.

foams everywhere is a dark age as well believe me

Ok, found it. Like I said, You'll probably be disappointed, it's nothing special.

Cheeseburger Towers:
2 lbs ground beef
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons horseradish
salt and pepper
6 slices American cheese
6 hamburger buns, split and toasted

Combine meat, onion, and seasonings. Shape into 12 patties, about 1/2 inch thick. Cooking in a lightly greased skillet or griddle for about 6 minutes, turning once.
Cut a 2-inch round from center of each cheese slice with a round cutter. Place half the meat patties in toasted buns; add cheese slice, filling the hole with ketchup, mustard, or bbq sauce and relish. Top with remaining meat patties, cheese rounds that were cut out of the cheese slices, and top buns. Makes 6 burgers.

I have a mid-century cookbook that has THREE different recipes involving ham-wrapped bananas baked in some form.

Doesn't actually sound that bad. I'd try it.

mmmmm

Shut your whore mouth boi

That green stuff oozing out the middle... is that just a normal vegetable pictured at a bad angle, or something else?

>Macaroni salad is pretty good

i feel uneasy

(((Ziegelman)))
(((Coe)))

8 crosswise slices and 1 lengthwise slice would create 18 pieces, not 16.
This detail completely ruins the recipe

yeah like that noted zionist conspirator david allan (((coe))) am i right

wtf I thought miracle whip was like cool whip and was confused as to why burgers were putting it on their sandwiches

Haha yeah fuck Drumpf

>david allan coe
that faggot you replied to isnt going to know who that is although hes a /pol/ faggot memester

That's right, some authors happen to be Jewish. In this case they happen to live in Brooklyn, so they're probably hipsters as well. Go back to under the rock you came out from.

>commie on a cooking board
shouldn't you be starving to death?

Truck driving redneck here. You're wrong. I saw him in Colorado when I was 14.

It's a mixture of pickle relish, cheese, and condiments.

Read a book, nigger

it's like bad mayonaise

In my experience - yes, I was alive in the 70s - the worst food gore was the TV dinners. Now that shit was WORSE than cat piss soaked cardboard.

One thing stood out as especially intolerable was TANG. It's almost digestible today, but back then, it was bad, real bad. Like shrek piss bad. Bad enough to melt steel beams kind of bad.

Read that one in high school. Burned out on the British dystopian thing years ago.

suck a big salty kosher pickle

bitch there aint nothing wrong with macaroni salad

Macaroni salad can be good, but that picture looks like a bowl of hot sick.

I remember the 70's, too. There was a lot of bad stuff, but not nearly as bad as what came out of the 30's-60's. My grandmother made a Depression Era casserole that was basically white bread soaked in milk mixed with eggs, a can of salmon and a little onion and celery. Think of how grim times must have been to consider that a normal thing to feed your family. Then in the 50's and 60's convenience and frozen food ruled the day, which was nearly as grim, but probably very exciting to people who grew up with Depression Era cooking. At least when the 70's hit you started seeing fresh fruit and vegetables available year round in the supermarkets, so there was at least an option beyond frozen and canned shit. But it was still bleak. Olive oil and garlic had yet to become part of mainstream American cooking.

anything from Britain after 20 years ago

Is that that weird Scandinavian recipe that's like only popular over there? I remember reading about that somewhere. It's like a strange combination of ingredients.. I'm having trouble remembering exactly what it is.

before*

>Bad enough to melt steel beams kind of bad.
Maybe that's what the government used to blow up the world trade center.

Why were the 70s such a dark time for food? I hear talk of my parents/grandparents eating utter garbage yet they were a stable middle class family with little debt. Was it just a passing trend?

I like this thread

Advertising. Women's magazines hawked all kinds of garbage tier recipes to gullible housewives under the guise of modern convenience. These recipes all required the brand name heavily processed crap newly available at the exciting supermarket. And let's face it, if you lived through the Depression and WWII (or grew up with parents who cooked like that era) your standards for good food weren't all that high. A molded salad of cut up hiot dogs, Spaghetti-O's and gelatin couldn't really be all that bad if they put the recipe in Good Housekeeping and advertised Spaghetti-O's on TV. You could sell a lot of garbage to people under the guise of being modern and convenient if those people didn't really have a reference point for how good food is supposed to taste. And most of the newly middle class people in postwar America didn't have a reference point for good food. Because most likely the generation before them had been poor and lived through the Depression.

still looks the same

burger king is so shit don't understand how they're still in business

>He can't afford to look at large images

Remember, this was the time when you were told smoking was good for you, and cereal boxes proudly announced they were 99% sugar, and people thought JARTS was a great idea.
Also, 100% of TV programming was either a wester, Start Trek, or Nova. And with the radiation coming out of those black and white CRTs, TV really could rot your brain.

People believed what they were told without much question back then. It was a whole nother world back then.

>They are responsible for the destruction of America's food culture
Damn them all to hell

>casserole that was basically white bread soaked in milk mixed with eggs, a can of salmon and a little onion and celery
That would be mighty fine eating if it wasn't arranged in a fucking casserole.

thats where they hang out in my town

got so bad they started closing at 8pm because of something having to do with the restrooms

they make the rounds asking for "a dollar and a cigarette"

We actually had colour tv in the 70's...

Just so you know...

Flying Jacob maybe? Chicken, bananas, peanuts, bacon, cream and chili sauce casserole served with rice.

can we just appreciate the fact that this is on here...

That shit is bananas.

>dark ages of food
Everything from WWII to 9/11. We are slowly making a recovery and food culture is pretty good in modern times.

The peak of western cuisine was when the Titanic went down.

Naw, shit started getting better in the mid eighties. It's been a slow burn, for sure,and I think the internet is a huge reason why people give a shit about food again.

He's a jew. They ridicule and destroy every civilization they come in contact with.

No one who grew up in the 80s and 90s would say that. The "fat is ebiiiiiiiiil" meme swung in full force in the 80s and 90s and everything got loaded with sugar to compensate.

There were pockets of decent food here and there, but thats always been true.

You richfags did.
We had a party line and pulse only dialing until 76. Cable still hasn't found it's way to the street on which I lived.
And most of that color bled all over everything else. Sharpness was for shit and nobody cold get the color quite right. Remember that?

From my latest experience, drunkposting was more fun than shitposting, tho

More effective than ex lax.

Quite the opposite, user. In the late 70s people started getting concerned about the amount of sugar we were taking in. That's when the word 'sugar' started disappearing from cereal and snack boxes.
In the 80s, people just started hearing about how certain other foods was bad for us.

Debone salmon.
Mix salmon, onion, and celery with a little mayo.
Spread on toasted bread.
Serve with a glass of milk and a boiled egg.

Wow if I lived during the depression they'd think I was Gordon Ramsay

I saw him in a bar in a college town about maybe 4-5 years ago. None of my friends wanted to go even though they listen to actual country, and when I got in there I was literally the only person of student age in there and the bar was fucking packed. It was good.

Eggs and celery was a budget buster for a lot of families in the depression, user.