What is the best borges story?

What is the best borges story?

Points off for saying, like, Tlön or Library of Babel.

Funes el memorioso is a favorite for more sentimental reasons. I think The Aleph is better though.

shakesqueer and his memory or whatever it's called

the one about that lil nigga funes was good also, he needed to blaze it was all

Oh man, I love every single story in Ficciones and El aleph.

The ones I reread all the time are Funes, El milagro secreto, La casa de Asterion and Las ruinas circulares. Pierre Menardis also excellent.

>House of Asterion
most astounding page I've ever read

I liked the one with the circle of stones and the guy in the middle. Very castaneda vibes

Three Versions of Judas desu

more stories about theologians where you can muddle fiction and non-fiction in the bibliography pls

Pierre Menard, autor del Quijote

desu senpai

dude

Al otro, a Borges, es a quien le ocurren las cosas. Yo camino por Buenos Aires y me demoro, acaso ya mecánicamente, para mirar el arco de un zaguán y la puerta cancel; de Borges tengo noticias por el correo y veo su nombre en una terna de profesores o en un diccionario biográfico. Me gustan los relojes de arena, los mapas, la tipografía del siglo XVIII, las etimologías, el sabor del café y la prosa de Stevenson; el otro comparte esas preferencias, pero de un modo vanidoso que las convierte en atributos de un actor. Seria exagerado afirmar que nuestra relación es hostil; yo vivo, yo me dejo vivir, para que Borges pueda tramar su literatura y esa literatura me justifica. Nada me cuesta confesar que ha logrado ciertas páginas válidas, pero esas páginas no me pueden salvar, quizá porque lo bueno ya no es de nadie, ni siquiera del otro, sino del lenguaje o la tradición. Por lo demás, yo estoy destinado a perderme, definitivamente, y sólo algún instante de mí podrá sobrevivir en el otro.

Poco a poco voy cediéndole todo, aunque me consta su perversa costumbre de falsear y magnificar. Spinoza entendió que todas las cosas quieren perseverar en su ser; la piedra eternamente quiere ser piedra y el tigre un tigre. Yo he de quedar en Borges, no en mí (si es que alguien soy), pero me reconozco menos en sus libros que en muchos otros o que en el laborioso rasgueo de una guitarra. Hace años yo traté de librarme de él y pasé de las mitologías del arrabal a los juegos con el tiempo y con lo infinito, pero esos juegos son de Borges ahora y tendré que idear otras cosas. Así mi vida es una fuga y todo lo pierdo y todo es del olvido, o del otro.

No sé cuál de los dos escribe esta página.

weed

Death and the Compass

lmao

Funes wasn't that little, he was like 19 or 20 when he relayed the story to Borges

The Lottery of Babel

patrician choice
try hard choice

T-thanks?

The Fork of the Garden Path or whatever it's called. And I also like the Improbable Tom Castro, mainly because it's set in my hometown.

I'm not a big Borges fan desu tho

what

>I'm not a big Borges fan desu tho
kill yourself

Ulrica is my favourite one.

I enjoy the ones I've read (though I didn't like Lottery of Babel), but I don't know, I just don't have much desire to read more. Maybe when I'm older I will.

*Babylon

axolotl by cortazar

>el inmortal
>not already said multiple times

C'mon

It's the best Borges story head and shoulders above

his end and his beginning

Fuckin this.

>that fucking reveal with argos

The Immortal is his best story.

Some of the simplest, shortest stories in "El Libro de arena" (don't know the English title) are the most masterful things he wrote. Like the story with the one-sided disc.

But the Pierre Ménard, or Library of Babel, are the most "borgesian" ones, i.e. the ones that make Borges important and unique in the first place.

Thank you, Three Versions of Judas is fucking amazing

my saracen

u too, senpais

That one time she fucks your mom, faggot.

Pierre Menard made a huge impression on me, the lottery in Babylon is also very good.

Is Borges' poetry any good?

if u like tiggers

and mirrors...

by the way
from The Aleph i've enjoyed Deutsche Requiem and The Other Death (this last most for personal reason...)
from Ficciones i've to say The Library of Babel and The Secret Miracle

For me it's a threeway tie between Deutsches Requiem, Brodie's Report and There Are More Things.

tlön is the only good thing he ever wrote (and its worse than lovecraft stories)