Vegans explain yourself

so i fried this and tried to drown it in sauce to make it tasty. this is the second time i eat it and both times it has been fucking disgusting. the texture makes me puke. the taste wasnt very good and texture made me trash over half of it.

so tofu fagets explain yourselves for eating shit cream

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eEL2hPmPMNI&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>eating food for taste
you'll never be a vegan

Tofu's disgusting on its own but it's tolerable in a miso soup.

'Course vegans can't have this, it's got a sardine broth.

get silken tofu instead

>miso soup
>sardine broth
u wot

it was silken tofu.. also the smell when i opened it... fukken disgusting. the smell lingers in my kitchen....

>. the smell lingers in my kitchen....

That's not normal. You bought shitty and/or expired tofu.

i think it touched something i didnt clean. i ate tofu from a restaurant and still tasted bad and texture was shait

I-I really like tofu, desu.

I think I've only had tofu in miso soup. I'm gonna take this as a culinary challenge to make tofu taste good. I'll get some next time I go to the store. I'm not a vegan but I like the look of tofu's macros for its price.

IDK what the fuck your problem is, OP. I guess you just don't like tofu. I'm an omnivore (I eat everything, including all the weird meats like snails, alligator, rattlesnake, fried insects, organ meats, etc etc) and I love tofu. I make marinated baked tofu strips to use in spring rolls and on salads.

miso soup is traditionally made with dashi broth, which is made from fish.

Tofu adopts the flavor of whatever it's with, you're not suppose to eat it alone.

>he fell for the "tofu is for vegans" meme

Mappo dofu, motherfucker. Or in English: FRY THAT SHIT IN PIG FAT

Like OP said, the texture always stays disgusting. I made some tasty tofu dishes but they were still shit because the texture is just disgusting.

>the texture makes me puke
Try marinating it in your favorite salad dressing and eating it raw.

The fish that is used is bonito, way different than fucking sardines.

Vegan food can be tasty. Most people just don't do it right.

Niboshi dashi is made with sardines.

I've only ever cooked with firm tofu. My favorite thing I've made must be General Tso's tofu. I don't remember the exact recipe I used. Just googled around, modified a recipe I found to suit my fridge, and it turned out to be fairly easy to make and turned out real good.
There's a video on YouTube of a Korean girl showing you how to make braised tofu on top of onion rings. This typically turns out decent.
If you're frying tofu for a recipe, you need to be patient, so you're not left with a crusty outside that sucks in your sauce, but a raw inside that still has the boring tofu non-taste.

DO NOT get silken tofu.

I mean I guess everyone has different tastes, but I absolutely never get silken tofu.

Extra or super firm if you're eating the tofu plain, firm if you're making something like tofu saag (which is really good I recommend).

Also, either bake it or microwave it, and coat it before in soy sauce, rice vinegar, pepper, and garlic. Then thank me. You're welcome.

Lmao people who complain about tofu. It tastes like whatever you cook it with, and there are a multitude of different textures and pre-marinated versions to choose from. They come deep-fried, too. Calm your fat tits you Ignorant faggot.

I love som grilled tofu. Grill it with soy sauce

Silken tofu is good only in a smoothie or in place of eggs.

Silken tofu is rad. You can blend it up and it's perfect for creamy soups, dips, desserts, etc.

I wasn't the one who said it was sardines. But it's still unfit for veganfags.

lmfaoooo did you really eat plain tofu? Fried or not of course it's gonna be nasty. You have to cook it with something or marinade it, it will absorb the flavor and actually taste like something then.

I'm particularly partial to tofu in soups. Extra spicy mapo ramen is the best tofu meal I've ever had by far, I recommend it if you ever have the opportunity.

I can't stand tofu in savory food but you can really get some delicious shit going when used in desserts.

my favorite: youtube.com/watch?v=eEL2hPmPMNI&t

>vegan
dropped

Non vegan here.
Marinate that shit.