Memeing my way into a new identity

Crossboarder from /g/ here.

As a measure to further protect my privacy from government botnets and general surveillance, I'm going to start using two names.

One is my "official" name which is on all my paperwork and government records.

The other will be the name that I will tell people and the name by which everyone *except* the government knows me.

Do you think the name Hal Incandenza will be too obvious for normies to pick up? Do you think its common enough that even if someone does pick up the reference they could be convinced its just a weird coincidence?

How about the name "Hal Raskolnikov"? Is that too obvious as well?

what about mc ride?

>wants privacy
>decides to make up epic literary reference fake name that absolutely no one else on the planet has instead of john smith

Actually I googled. There are at least 120 "Hal Incandenza"s on Facebook, and because its a literary characters name any google searches for me would be swamped with irrelevant quotes, critiques and articles about Infinite Jest. Thats the neat thing.

yeah because when the goverment wants to collect info about you they're just gonna google your name and see what comes up

You don't want to protect your privacy, you want what you want because to do what you say you want would reaffirm the idea you have of yourself as ((le mysterious man of the shadows)) . This is the sort of idea you entertain when you're 14. Grow up.

No you misunderstand. The government collects information about me, I can't stop that. But they collect it under my real name.

Say if they ask my employer what my name is - what I want is for that name to be useless to them as they wont have a database profile for that name because it doesn't exist in the bureaucracy.

Its the air buffer between the names thats the key here.

So the only important thing is that they can't figure out one name given the other, or at least that it takes them a while to.

Its not like I'm ever going to convince you otherwise, so theres not much point in even engaging on this subject desu

Ian scheffling

Ask your employer? you mean the guy who hands you tax forms to fill out in your name and asks to xerox your ID the day you are hired? Your employer knows your real name, dip. If you yell him you're "Hal Incadenza," then you'd better have a fake SSN and ID to go along with that name, in which case you don't need the whole 2 identities thing anyway, your fake identity is more or less legit then.

Fair enough. The attention you will potentially draw to yourself with this charade is probably increasing the chance the government ever takes interest in you a hundredfold. Practice good privacy in more reasonable ways.

The government is collecting information on everyone. If you're sincere here (this I honestly doubt) don't choose something so obvious. I'd choose something like Joaquin Stik myself,something stupid because fuck it you're screwed anyway

1) I don't live in America. there is no SSN system or equivalent here

2) In my country there are no laws about using aliases - I am completely within my rights to use a different name with everyone without disclosing anything to the government about it

>2) In my country there are no laws about using aliases
What cunt?
Im interested.

>tinfoil

>I'm going to start using two names.
Johan Ramesses Kalashnikov III
Lord HisGrace Miracle Whip

wayne kerr

Teddy Bloat

Hailie Selassie

Santy Claus

I just post a lot of false info on Veeky Forums plus some larping

Gov can collect all they want because it won't be coherent in the least

Christopher Poole

At least go with a Pynchon name instead if you're going to be a living fucking meme.

>Benny Profane

hello I am the FBI.
hurry up and pick your fake name so I can update your file.