Christmas haul pt. 2

Ayy, I've been spending the day on /mu/, did I miss anything? What did y'all get for gifts?
Old thread: >inb4 "all that Harlan Ellison"
Stay woke 8)

Other urls found in this thread:

waterstones.com/book/sapiens/yuval-noah-harari/9780099590088
amazon.co.uk/Tombstone-Untold-Story-Great-Famine/dp/0241956986
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cool man

Ignore the top book

>potatoniggers in charge of not being delusional

For my work's $50 secret santa my secret santa got me 1984 and a $25 gift card to B&N.

I gave the copy of 1984 to a friend.

>tfw parents ordered a book for me for Christmas but Amazon is unusually late in shipping
It'll be here on Tuesday

>rockfags

i love irish humor

Morocco leather binding of Plutarch's Lives. Love my fiancee.

>irish lit
>how the Irish saved civilization
>rock music books
>Bruce Springsteen
Could you be anymore of a straight white male?

Is it possible to be sexually attracted to books?

kys fucking faggot

best in christmas threads so far.

is it the thomas north translation?

John Dryden translation revised by Clough.

Good day

Forgot to say thank you. It's a real beauty and I hope it lasts much longer than me.

This image has reached levels of comfy I didn't think were possible

Do the Penguin clothbound books have sewn bindings?

I got these from my mom

Yes, they're really gorgeous books

thanks, enjoy your books

I got Norm Macdonalds autobiography, a book that Wayne Gretzky wrote that is apparently #1 in Canada. I assume tomorrow my sister will give me a random selection of history books.

I got these two and Oblomov, which they ordered at the bookstore but wasn't in yet so sometime next week I guess.

>The plague

>Cats cradle

>The metamorphosis

>The idiot

My parents know me too well.

currently have several tomes (including bottoms dream) stacked on top of anti-oedipus because amazon packed it poorly and it arrived extremely bent out of shape

Literal memes.

just this desu

fucking pic didnt show ahp

Kind of a strange haul in xmas books this year. Also got some homebrew equipment and bar-ware.

ok

>Satantango
Nice, have you read Krasznahorkai's other books? I was considering ordering War & War or The Melancholy of Resistance.

>Petersburg
Nice, one of my favourite novels ever. IF you're a fan of Dostoyevsky's works I think you'd enjoy it a lot.

I only got 2666 as a gift to myself but I'm going to be ordering the following later today:
The Transylvanian Trilogy-Miklos Banffy
The Ice Trilogy-Sorokin
Sunflower-Kurdy
The Little Demon-Sologub

I'm really indecisive as to whether my last choice should be The Melancholy of Resistance, Carpenter's Gothic or Seibo There Below. Help me out Veeky Forums

>Conspiracy
Just... do yourself a favour, ok? Wait till after the holidays to read it.

Ellison is based desu, I recently got a lot of his stuff on Kindle during a Christmas sale. Any suggestion on what to start with? I was thinking about Paingod.

Why are these textbook covers?

sort of related, got a 200 dollar gift card to here, not sure what I should get, but I'll probably blow it on something dumb.

which winnie the pooh book is the one that people usually recommend as comfy, i think it was house on pooh corner?

seibo

Ooh, super nice. I've only ever seen leather editions of the Lives with the (very antiquated) North translation; I didn't even know Dryden was offered in such nice bindings. Hope you enjoy it!

What do I have in store user

get ready for christmas newfags suddenly becoming "voracious readers"

The levellers were cool guys

I read The Vegetarian recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd be interested in your thoughts on Human Acts when you read it.

Why is minority report so fat, that's a really short book isn't it?

You're going to love Petersburg

Looking forward especially to the top two

Flan by Stephen Tunney
The Complete Works of Plato - Hackett Press
Fernando Pessoa The Book of disquiet *hardcover
Godel's proof by earnest nagel and *someone who's name I forgot
The Mind's I by Daniel Dennett
letter to a christian nation by sam harris

Only one of these I actually asked for, people just decided to give them to me lol. I asked for Plato.

My parents refused to buy me 'weird' books that I asked for.

They were this

waterstones.com/book/sapiens/yuval-noah-harari/9780099590088

and this

amazon.co.uk/Tombstone-Untold-Story-Great-Famine/dp/0241956986

Literally just books about human history.
The gifts I did receive were clothes that look overly normie (like music festival shirts and stuff), a bottle of white wine (I don't drink) and a hot sauce my dad made. My dad also gave me a handwritten note with the hot sauce that just says 'INSTRUCTION FOR REMOVING HEAT FROM MOUTH: DRINK MILK NOT OWN CUM'. He says 'it'll take you longer than a book to read when you've had some of daddy's famous hot sauce'. It wasn't' even a surprise because he used fermentation to make the sauce and kept it in my room

What I got:
Brave New World
The Selfish Gene
Forty and Four
Vampire of Civic Militia

What I gave away:
The Pillars of the Earth to my ma
King's The Dark Half to my cousin

>The Familiar vol. 3
Nice to see someone else is still in it. What's your thoughts on it so far?

What the fuck?

Holy kek 10/10 parents user.

lmaoing @ your life

That's why I decided to get it. The Vegetarian wad pretty good and I'm hoping this one will be too.

baka at u dude ur family is a mess

getting spooked on multiple levels

Ahh shit, wish I asked for norm's book as well. Have you had a look at it yet?

pentti linkola, based

wtf

He thinks everything and everyone is "malignantly useless" and does a good job of stating it convincingly

Xmas miracle

Fuck, I've been eyeing The Exegesis for years. It looks great.

He's great but who's gifting him lol

a miracle would be getting hind's and w&m

I know. I will be ordering hinds soon and getting the new print of women and memes.

>his friends/family aren't off-the-grid deep ecologists

for real though that and the Shepard book were purchased with a gift card I got as an early gift from my brother.

>Those shitty covers

Confirmed Waterstones pleb.

I see them all the time. Rough/uncomfortable as fuck.

I've only read a few chapters of Norms book, but i'm enjoying it immensely.

Norm is a story teller, if you know his comedy you know that. His storytelling translates well to written word. It's good.

cringe AF

On the left are my gifts from my pen pal in Seattle.

On the right are gifts from my girlfriend and her family. Including old-ass occultist stuff (featuring an old hardback edition of Mysical Qabalah), a hardback first edition of Adams' The Plague Dogs and two British wildlife books from 1899 and 1903.

Great haul to be honest, lads.

Patrician as fuck.

>Murakami
>Corncob Tortillas YeCarthy

This "penpal" is clearly not your friend.

All that k Dick . Pretty based desu.

bordieu is for a friend,

t. spic,

Eh I don't think she enjoyed them. She just sends me whatever and we trade reviews. I didn't buy 'em anyway!

Sick stack

damn man

I have faith in Tarrasch and Oerberg

Pretty happy. Going to use Amazon gift cards I got for more books. Also got some nice scotch.

I actually received it for my birthday last week so I've had a chance to get into it. It's really intriguing, I definitely recommend it, it's also given me a long list of topics and idea's to look up which is nice.

Got three nice books. Pretty excited for all of them. Anyone know if the Rasputin book is any good? I love Russian history

which part?

lethbridge?

I haven't actually, I love the movie adaptation, but so far the book may be better, or at least different, I dunno. I'll look into him more, because his other books do look very interesting.

>Feser

Nice, been meaning to read that one for awhile. I read his blog sometimes.

CogSci/linguistics/logic/math patrician checking in

pretty good haul. heart of darkness and seven pillars of wisdom are still in the mail.

Anybody know of a place to get some nice bookmarks?

How is rimbaud? It sounds interesting.

Leave it to an American to judge people by their utility.

Human Acts is even better. Enjoy.

The meme pile doesn't stop from getting taller

>All that genre trash

>Wittgenstein
mah nigga

You'll like Girl With Curious hair.

Thumbs up for LeFanu.

>Homer in prose

Little math books are godtier. Calculus made easy was 10x better than my 1000page calc textbook

Interesting haul. Interested in the Homer and Scandinavia one