How does this make /lit feel? pic related

How does this make /lit feel? pic related.

sexydoorframes is technically correct
Aaron Burr is a faggot
Gabriela is a fucking dolt

a little miffed, but honestly WHO CARES

no she isnt, shes only approaching correctness by asking what real literature is. Reading YA is watching cartoons, archetypes stripped of any questions at all. People who read YA are intellectual children

Socrates on women pursuit.
>Socrates: You say that you cannot be happy without a women.
>X: correct
>S: I assume the relationship with said women would involve sex on a regular basis?
>X: Yes
>S:Just to clarify, having this would make your life better. As in, make you happy. Suggesting that at this moment you are unhappy until you get sex?
>X:Yes
>S:Therefore it is right to assume that all your life, there has not been a moment where you were happy? Outside of having sex with a woman of course.
>X: Well uh...
>S: Birthdays? Christmas? Hanging out with friends?
>X: You win socrates
>S: I am not finished yet. Don't end the fun too soon.
>S: When you crave delicious sweets. Are you eternally satisfied after indulgence?
>S: When you have exhausted a game. Do you go find another game to play? Or are you satisfied for life after one game?
>S: Therefore the pursuit of pleasure you are constantly striving for under the delusion that it would lead to a happy life is futile. For it is an infinite journey. And harms the soul for eventually the craving would get so big it would be impossible to satisfy in the moment. Even if you were the king of the known world!
X:You speak too much. But you have convinced me. But logic won't fix what I feel. I want what I don't have.
S: And you will always want what you don't have my dear friend

was he right after all?

"I'd rather people read YA which they like than not read at all"

If someone has really tried to break into other areas of literature and they simply don't have the cognitive skillset or attention span to get anything out of them, then I completely agree with this statement

lel, young adults and teenagers used to read Homer, Shakespeare, and Chaucer. There's no excuse for being a pleb in 2016.

you arent listening, in one step she is saying people are free to read what they want (true), but in the next justifying it by challenging what it means to be literature.

YA is not reading, it is watching simple ideas go through the motions of traditional story telling.

I for one am fucking outraged as a matter of fact.

I agree that YA is on the most part talentless fluff with no merit. But that isn't the part I was referring to

Better to read that than nothing at all if those are the actual two options

would you rather your child watch the kardashians over a documentary or watch nothing at all. I'd rather then watch nothing at all then watch the kardashians.

would you rather your child watch the kardashians over a documentary or watch nothing at all. I'd rather them watch nothing at all then watch the kardashians.

Television like that is a wholly passive art that requires no thought to consume. YA isn't great and has very few merits but at least you have to think and read to consume it

you said she is right to say that they should read YA rather than nothing, I am saying NOTHING is the appropriate choice

>btfos plebs all day
>becomes great
wow

post the link, fag

trump"wrong".mp4

>it's for young adults and teenagers (and even some open-minded adults)
>even some open-minded adults
>open-minded adults

What did he mean by this?

Ambivalent. They're random YouTubers who have zero taste and like most millennials haven't actually matured as they've aged. Same reason so many famous internet comic artists are 'young and hip' but write comics about how immature they are but somehow they're still adults. I saw one in another thread of a girl that fit that exact description.

>"its better to eat shit than to eat nothing at all"

>Better to read that than nothing at all if those are the actual two options
Prove that your statement is true. I can easily see a link to reading poorly written pieces with childish ideas and construction with poor cognitive skills and mental growth.

that see past the Young Adult genre title blah blah blah.

i wish all the characters from mortal kombat would kill every pleb using their powers

lol

>"People who think like me"

That's what "open-minded" means to anyone who uses it.

YA is an invention by publisher jews meant to extract wealth from the stupidest people with the most money.
Its formulaic mediocrity based off templates you have seen over and over again.

Socrates had a wife.

>masterpiees

HAHA i love it

great thread

>You should appreciate it because they tried!
Great, A for effort. Everyone gets participation awards.
also
>millions of people
>aka me
this guy's millions of people?

Post of the month

Poor taste is the common man's blight

This shouldn't surprise anyone considering liberal arts is a joke in general.

Oppressed POC, aka not disgusting cis white males, who tend to write "literature"

As opposed to taste and preference in mathematics and such, I imagine

I need to start writing YA

What if I just hide myself away on welfare for the next few years and keep churning out YA books?

I'll be a millionaire in no time.

go ahead my fren. make sure to notify Veeky Forums on your fist release

Saying Liberal Arts has become a joke isn't a direct statement in favour of STEM.
They're even bigger plebs but they're not the ones studying the stuff

I don't trust Veeky Forums. This place is a hive of villainy and envy. They will try to break me down and, eventually, bring me down. They don't want to see an articulate white boy like me getting published.

No, this is a solitary endeavour, cucks be damned.

Wish you the best of luck my man

Is there a single YA that is actually good? I did like The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. because of the characters.

I'd rather people didn't read than read trash. Harold Bloom, I say he's wrong in a way: YA's not reading; no, YA's unreading. You're unspooling the original mind. Not reading's a better activity; you're doing something else, so you can be doing something beneficial. Go take a walk along a local stream and ponder life instead.

>reading dumb books is a waste of time but reading the same arguments made about the same things on the same board every day is definitely worthwhile

What did you mean by this?

YA is bad because by definition it addresses uncritical teenagers with juvenile mentality. Most of it is poorly written and uses gimmick ideas, especially in fantasy, or tumblr-tier characters dealing with the world.
I read a few YA books when I was in middle school and they were garbage. For example, one that particularly annoyed me was about a girl who tires to get back to her ex-boyfriend, so she purposely dresses sluty to a party where she plan to seduce him. When she gets home she tells her father that she was raped, and later they take things to court. After her poor ex nearly gets castrated by the girl's crazy father, and eventually shoved off a bridge by her mom, and the girl runs away to Alaska, and dye her hair with black paint so no one will ever recognize her, we discover that she never said "no" or even tried to resist her ex when they had sex, but does a woman even need to express unwillingness for it to be considered rape?! What the fuck?
No one's forcing people what to read, but it's perfectly fine to say YA is shit.

YA is for retarded troglodytes

Saying that it's just as good because at least you're still reading is like saying eating shit is good because at least you're not starving