What's this guy's IQ? Must be at least 180

What's this guy's IQ? Must be at least 180.

Also, what's his endgame?

probably like 140 max desu. minimalist fags don't have the IQ to process extremely complex things so they compensate by pretending that taking away is always better than adding

>he thinks taking away isn't an addition in its own way

kill yourself my man

nah man, learn to read, my main man

>what's his endgame?

Endgame.

>molloy is minimalist

Minimalism is style, not necessarily length. The Trilogy is a sort of "extended minimalism".

not true, they imply deep concepts with well-placed sparse words. sadly and luckily that makes their work misinterpreted and undervalued by brainlets like you

This is like the worst rambling on intellectualism I've ever heard. You obviously don't have the IQ to form any coherent points.

>Beckett
>minimalism

You know nothing of his work.

If only like Marshal Mcluhan the ghost of Beckett could start shitposting

Actual 160+ IQ probable sperg here and I think he's smarter than I am or ever will be. The Molloy Trilogy is a work I would never be able to dream up myself.

How he managed to write How It Is I have no fucking clue. I'm an atheist but no other book has ever inspired the fear of God within me like that did. The book somehow manages to be totally open-ended, sealed-in, infinite, exhaustible, plausibly conceivable and inconceivably maddening all at the same time. It's almost as if he jammed a dante-esque image of purgatory into topological space

I've never read anything by him before, give me some recs please

Molloy Trilogy is one/are some (not sure how it's usually classified since most of the time they're lumped together) of the greatest books ever written .

>actual 160+
Just going by what you typed out, you're 125, max.

t. 142 IQ

According to who, sweeties?

That's a rather funny post. Thanks user.

142 composite IQ score on the WAIS-IV.

Thanks famalam

Beckett is more of a maximalist, you're basically saying he is a demigod

Say something smart and I'll believe you

>another thread revealing that everyone on Veeky Forums has an iq close to what is maximally possible

considering that there have only been a handful of people with 160-170 IQs and a pool of 150-160 somethings as the greatest scientists and artists this world has ever known, no

he doesn't have a 180 IQ

Do you play chess? If so, what's your ELO?

oh wait, I forgot about John von Neumann

his IQ was at least 170.

Didn't you know, you're rewarded one point of IQ for every thousandth shitpost you donate to Veeky Forums.

No. It looks fun, but I've had too many bad experiences with chess clubs filled with spergs self-fellating over it.

>being surprised that on the internet. Home to the worlds smartest people. On Veeky Forums, the home to the smartest people on the internet, you find ultra smart people on its smartest board

Its all in the numbers kiddo, but I forgive your sub 140 IQ for not grasping that

I wish someone had just told me the truth right up front, as soon as I was old enough to understand it. I wish someone had just said: “Here’s the deal, Wade. You’re something called a ‘human being.’ That’s a really smart kind of animal. Like every other animal on this planet, we’re descended from a single-celled organism that lived millions of years ago. This happened by a process called evolution, and you’ll learn more about it But trust me, that’s really how we all got here. There’s proof of it everywhere, buried in the rocks. That story you heard? About how we were all created by a super-powerful dude named God who lives up in the sky? Total bullshit. The whole God thing is actually an ancient fairy tale that people have been telling one another for thousands of years. We made it all up. Like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. “Oh, and by the way … there’s no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny. Also bullshit. Sorry, kid Deal with it.

are there any chess people on lit?
1800 FIDE for me and i dont think ill get higher

Holy... Moly.. Cannoli..

i knew a couple of people that claimed to have 150+ IQs

two of them failed calc 2 and switched their majors and the other dropped out to make shitty android apps

Anyone past a certain intelligence wouldn't be stupid enough to out themselves publicly without the sake of achievement. Its just inviting trouble for no reason

same here
i knew one who used to do the "mind palace" thing with his hands from the BBC sherlock series during exams, or whenever he had to recall anything, he also wore fingerless gloves and dropped out after 1st year for failing everything

This.

My IQ is actually around 174, and my family tells me that I'm destined for greatness, but I'm not revealing my intellect until I get my proof of the Riemann hypothesis published.

I haven't started it since it's so boring, but I'll truck through it in an evening sometime when I feel motivated enough.

>tfw no one wants to talk about Beckett
>tfw people would rather circlejerk their own IQs instead of discussing literature on a literature board

Brainlet dogs bark the loudest, who'd thunk.

Half the people bragging about being smartest/strongest/baddest would in their disillusioned vanity, parade around any supposed achievement to seperate them from the unwashed masses.

Obviously, Veeky Forums where knowledge is the normative badge of honor would have it's fair share of dunning kruger effect sufferers, anonymity summoning the dregs to the surface to spew their shit.

Then start the discussion.

>implying I haven't tried already
nearly all of the posts in this thread about beckett have little or no replies. it takes two to tango buddy

I'm about to order Molloy out of curiosity, hopefully it's as good as I've heard!

Underrated bait

I mean its only natural, I don't want to be vanned off by DARPA or the Chinese to do glorified wagecuck work when I have more important literary work to do

do any of you high IQ posters assign mental voices and personalities to posters

for example:

i imagine this guy as the cool, semi-popular guy that called you a fag in middle school but you forgived him because he treated you nice in 10th grade. he has a california valley accent

this is the quippy, quiet guy with kind of a nasally voice that never really contributes to a conversation. he mostly just repeats certain phrases and no one really knows what's wrong with him

this guy has a wacky, broken dutch accent and frequently forces himself into conversations that interest him and voices his opinion once then leaves, all without making eye contact

>his guy has a wacky, broken dutch accent and frequently forces himself into conversations that interest him and voices his opinion once then leaves, all without making eye contact
Close but no cigar

There's like two of them and one is just an opinion of a book and the other is someone asking for recommendations. The rest are just guys misunderstanding style and IQ.

Brilliant discussion you started there, m8.

have you even read the trilogy?

Is that supposed to be a counter-argument?

>come back after Christmas
>suddenly, Veeky Forums is obsessed with IQ like a poor man's Veeky Forums

Where did it go wrong?

Winter is the new Summer.

tbqh I thought my shitpost was instantly going in the trash heap. It's still doing that, but in a different way.

My IQ is 300 so like, i can tell who exactly is posting based soley off of what they've written

I don't know but Leonard Bernstein seemed pretty smart.

Yes. Beckett is minimalistic in such things as plot, character, the genuine content of the books for the M. Trilogy --- you're completely occluded from what the fuck is going on and there's no discernible plot. The style itself is neither minimalistic nor maximalistic, I'd say.

>And in winter, under my greatcoat, I wrapped myself in swathes of newspaper, and did not shed them until the earth awoke, for good, in April. The Times Literary Supplement was admirably adapted to this purpose, of a neverfailing toughness and impermeability. Even farts made no impression on it. I can't help it, gas escapes from my fundament on the least pretext, it's hard not to mention it now and then, however great my distaste. One day I counted them. Three hundred and fifteen farts in nineteen hours, or an average of over sixteen farts an hour. After all it's not excessive. Four farts every fifteen minutes. It's nothing. Not even one fart every four minutes. It's unbelievable. Damn it, I hardly fart at all, I should never have mentioned it.

I imagine everyone as a dumb American

In fact, to go further, I don't know why minimalist is applied to Beckett. He is totally sui generis in the Molloy trilogy.

I see what you mean. I agree with you to an extent, but consider the style of The Unnamable.

It's the last words, the true last. Or it's the murmurs: the murmurs are coming, I know that well. No, not even that. You talk of murmurs, distant cries, as long as you can talk. You talk of them before and you talk of them after. More lies: it will be the silence (the one that doesn't last) spent listening, spent waiting (for it to be broken, for the voice to break it). Perhaps there's no other, I don't know. It's not worth having, that's all I know. (It's not I, that's all I know.) It's not mine. It's the only one I ever had? That's a lie: I must have had the other, the one that lasts - but it didn't last. (I don't understand.) That is to say it did: it still lasts. I'm still in it. I left myself behind in it. I'm waiting for me there. (No, there you don't wait, you don't listen.) I don't know: perhaps it's a dream, all a dream. (That would surprise me.) I'll wake, in the silence, and never sleep again. (It will be I?) Or dream (dream again), dream of a silence, a dream silence, full of murmurs (I don't know, that's all words), never wake (all words, there's nothing else). You must go on, that's all I know. They're going to stop, I know that well: I can feel it. They're going to abandon me. It will be the silence, for a moment (a good few moments). Or it will be mine? The lasting one, that didn't last, that still lasts? It will be I? You must go on. I can't go on. You must go on. I'll go on. You must say words, as long as there are any - until they find me, until they say me. (Strange pain, strange sin!) You must go on. Perhaps it's done already. Perhaps they have said me already. Perhaps they have carried me to the threshold of my story, before the door that opens on my story. (That would surprise me, if it opens.) It will be I? It will be the silence, where I am? I don't know, I'll never know: in the silence you don't know. You must go on. I can't go on. I'll go on.

Also remember his later plays. Those are, without a doubt, minimalist. You could even argue that Godot and Endgame are minimalist, but I'm not sure whether they are so in style or aesthetic.

i imagine all Veeky Forums posters as comically primitive 90s era vocal synthesisers with their settings all wrong

>but I'm not sure whether they are so in style or aesthetic.

You really don't know what the fuck you're talking about. For the sake of yourself and others listen but don't speak

Beckett was standing on the shoulders of giants like James Joyce and Gottfried Leibniz.

His endgame was to marry into literary royalty which he accomplished by courting Lucia Joyce, daughter of the immortal James Joyce.

IQ 150 here.

I have a silent internal monologue.