Why did he do it?

Why did he do it?

The sun, man

Autism

>tfw you realize l'etranger isn't the arab... it's meursault

imagine your life is total shit and you finally get a nice beach vacation with your best friends and then a bunch of dunecoons show up to ruin it

its what anyone would have done desu

Islamophobia and xenophobia

The sun, man

Meursault is my fav character for sure because my fav thing in books is mundane events, and his book is full to the brim of it. Every chapter is like one of those novelty pet rocks, you open the book & POP you get a face fulla boredom and you fall back asleep. The mad mind, the crack genius, to do it! and then you think hmmm whats he gonna do next, this great mind, and you pick the book back up and BLAM you get a shot to the face and Hahahahahah you've been shot again by old Meursaualt, that card. "Whoops, I was looking at the sun!" he says, half-conscious. Watch him as he takes his mom's corpse and displays it for you- left, right, center - "you think she died today? Or yesterday???" Pulls out a calendar. "Ah!" Hand to naughty mouth. And you're on your ass again getting sleepy as his head snaps on the guillotine and rolls off right.

holy fuck, you're literally retarded

bordeom, really

.................damn

To remove kebab

>tfw you realize that the mother never actually died and he never shot the arab

It was the moment when it all clicked for me, really.

The sun made him mad; did you even read the book? Mersault did literally nothing wrong

I didn't pick up on that he was angry at the sun. I thought he was angry at the Arab. Have to go back.

>man the sun is hot, better shoot this guy
that makes zero (0) sense

made me chuckle

the arab was bothering him, that's all really

like the jews were bothering Hitler

Just to see what it was like.

I bet it's euphoric.

he was american. shooting strangers is a cultural tradition

They should have translated our as The Alien. Imagine the confusion then.

They already beaten the arabs, he could've just showed the gun or fired a warning shot

Because there was nothing stopping him from doing it.

because Camus needed a metaphor for the consequences of nihilism.
Mersault was a nihilist.
There Arab is all of us, as well as Mersault himself.

Because this book is shit.
There I said it.

Hot af famalam

You can't even imagine how hot it was that day dude, what is a man to do when the sun is burning his insides? Can't say that I blame him, fucking hot man.

No wonder the muzzies are always killing each other

Boredom.

Was it autism?

why did he hesitate

Guns are loud senpai
He was thrown off by the noise

literally no reason

After reading this the weekend after I smoked with pals and came to realize our boy M has no eyebrows. This causing the sweat to pool in his eyes. The sun to heat it and him to go Texas on the foreigner

>zero (0)
What did he mean by this

zero, nada, zilch, zip, no thing at all

SUNS OUT GUNS OUT!

To see if he was significantly privileged to get away with it.

His finger slipped

lmao

Because he felt like shooting an arab. No other reason. He didn't believe in morality enforced by culture or law, so he gave no fucks whether taking a man's life is the right decision. He just acted on an impulse.

In his final arguments he pretty much explains it (and the way he views the world) for autists who struggle with reading. That should make his motivation clear.

It was of my opinion that he was heading for the stream, saw the Arab reach into his pocket and that he (at least thought that) noticed M so M just shot away at him.

Owl bear camoo

Just because...That's the entire point of the book.

J'ai le édition du livre.

>Shooting Arabs
>Problematic
>Requiring explanation

Did I wake up in Bizarro World?

To force drama.
>imagine your life is total shit

>has girlfriend who wants to marry him
>is given an opportunity for promotion
>shit life
Yeah no, his life is only 'shit' because of his "I don't give a fuck" attitude. His attitude is the reason he's put in that situation and somehow winds up on death row.

This. The Stranger is about the consequences of the lack of morality.

THIS
What the fuck guys. The whole point is that, whether he kills the arab or not, it's just the same. He had no real reasons to kill the arab, and no reason to let him alive. The reasons he finds himself in this situation are completely contingent. It makes no sense - it's absurd.

He was addicted to the blue pill.

That's literally the point though.

Fuck why is this pasta so good

Because he was redpilled.

What is anomie?
>ding ding winrar

why didn't he fire the last shot

>J'ai été assailli des souvenirs d'une vie qui ne m'appartenait plus, mais où j'avais trouvé les plus pauvres et les plus tenaces de mes joies: des odeurs d'eté, le quartier que j'aimais, un certain ciel du soir, le rire et les robes de Marie

>Tout ce que je faisais d'inutile en ce lieu m'est alors remonté à la gorge et je n'ai eu qu'une hâte, c'est qu'on en finisse et que je retrouve ma cellule avec le sommeil.

mfw non french speaking cucks will never enjoy Camus's prose

>Camus's
Jesus Christ frenchies

How is «les robes de Marie» more enjoyable than "Marie's dresses"? Literally the exact same shit

Poor monolinguist

That is the correct spelling if the second s ils pronounced.

who cares why he did it my guess is he was on drugs he needs to be punished to scare murdering plebs into submission so true literary elites can "butterfly hunt" on the beach in peace without having to deal with COPS-tier bullshit

That pasta is delicious. Thank you user.

Severe autism flare up.

Holy.... I want more.