Durians

Try it user.

It tasted real good.

I'm gagging just from remembering the smell.

And no it did not.

I've eaten jackfruit. How close is the flavour?

>didn't at least try it after having to deal with the smell
fucking idiot is what you are

It's very different. Durian's texture is buttery with very strong and distinctive flavour. The better the quality the sweeter the taste. Just don't ever try to eat it with beer or other carbonated drinks if you don't want to go to hospital.

It's okay, complex, but not amazing.

it tasted like fucking maui onion chips. then it tasted like corn nuts. bizarre.

didn't think it smelled that bad, but the texture with the flavor is a bad combo. i feel like i could have handled one or the other, but it making my mouth feel weird too was just all bad

I've only had homemade durian icecream which was pretty basic

>I can't understand muh words gud
Rest assured dear user. People think you're stupid.

Durian bubble tea is best bubble tea.

I've never had a fruit I've hated so I'm looking forward to trying it in the future.
Thanks user

This is a bullshit myth.

I drank about half a case of beer trying to kill myself the last time I ate durian and nothing happened.

They taste nothing like one another. Jackfruit struck me as sort of a bubble gum/pineapple thing. Durian tastes sort of like a banana custard and smells like dead cat in a restaurant dumpster.

Durian took a couple of times for me to come around to it. Now I can eat it with little problem. Used to make a pudding with it, was delicious and very filling. They're a very fatty fruit all things considered. In terms of taste, texture and such.

It's like custard.

I don't live anywhere close to ever being able to find Durian fresh so out of curiosity I ordered some freeze dried durian. It was horrible! Tasted like rotten onions and garbage. A korean friend who had tasted fresh durian said they taste nothing alike.

TL;DR don't waste money on freeze dried durian to satisfy curiosity. Although it was funny watching everybody's reactions

I used to live in Singapore and I eventually acquired a taste for it. Still smells horrible though.

The noble durian is the McChicken of fruits

Filthy whitey detected.

all of you only have fake Thai durian

How's that?

Bought it once, packed in sealed plastic bag. Then I opened bag and ate during meeting, it was shortest meeting ever. Everybody laughed, they told me I could say that meetings are boring. It is nice to work in corpo that is somehow relaxed and does not mind silly pranks.

It's disgusting.

Try durian cakes if you want something with less of the odor or you can't get fresh durian.

I can totally relate to this. Never tried fresh durian, who knows if I'll ever be able to. I ate a durian candy once, it was basically alpenliebe candy with a strong smell of rotten onion and that thing they add to methane to make it smell bad.
However I could take the smell and I'd happily try the real thing. Thanks for the "don't buy freeze dried durian"

They sell this everywhere here in asian markets.

Reeks like cat piss.

Tastes not bad but you will smell like cat pee afterwards.

takes about 2-3 times eating before you acquire the taste, and really love it. At that point you can really notice the sweetness in the smell, and it's kind of like a boiled sweet yam mush in taste and texture.

I couldn't even handle papaya. Tasted like feet. I can't imagine what durian would be like to eat.

I cook for at a time with milk to recover all my health plus 13 extra hearts.

I was born in malaysia and durian is one of my all time favorite foods. its like crack to me and i fucking love the aroma it gives off, its sweet and its texture fits well with the taste. 10/10 especially when fresh. unfortunetely I have yet to find any durian worth its salt in the US