Summarize postmodernity in one sentence

Summarize postmodernity in one sentence.

CRASH! We decided to adopt mom

Every novel is like one of those novelty snake cans, you open the book & POP you get a face fulla snakes and you fall back cackling.

an interpretive methodology which is inherently suspicious of and refuses to subscribe to any and all grand metanarratives.

wew lad

I believe the superior choice is
CRASH! We decided to adopt God.

Why is every image of this guy so painful to watch

is this legally possible?

postmodernism still has the answers no matter how much delusional trumpfags pretend otherwise

river do not run

Why would they? Trump is deliciously postmodern. Hard to imagine a more pomo pres tbph.

trump is a return to modernity

Postmodernism is a methodology which tricks its audience into thinking its adverse to modernity's structure, but really restructures by critique and thus doesn't exist.

Postmodernism is the devaluation of all values, the uprooting of the human individual and the destruction of its self-imposed narrative.

>this guy gets more action than me
Maybe it is my fault.

Shit.

>accepting faggots
yeah nah

He's a reality TV star who became president by literally making things up, rapidly followed by openly admitting making them up. His whole shtick is that the truth doesn't matter. He's painfully postmodern.

he's a demigod, user, don't blame yourself

half pepe half man

After modernism.

>implying Trump distorts the truth more than Hillary "I lied to the public" Clinton

>implying Clinton was mentioned in that post
Maybe try again.

>making shit up about postmodernism

how postmodern!

who the fuck is this kid

m8, Clinton was a much worse candidate than Trump
>emails
>bought out by Wall Street and Saudi Arabia
>corrupt
>warhawk

Um, sorry, but if you voted for a racist like Trump, and didn't vote for Hillary just because she's a women, then kindly fuck off from Veeky Forums

See

a bit too obvious, I rate it 7/10

It's a valid argument to point out that Hillary is worse than Trump, unless you're a third party fag or apolitical

>claiming global warming was invented by the Chinese
>not a suspicion of grand narratives
Uh-huh.

me

There is nothing that has a fixed definition or meaning, and different things are interpreted in different ways by different individuals.

It's completely irrelevant to the question of how postmodern Trump is, though. Which is the issue under discussion.

>this is now a Hillary vs Trump argument between autists
I mean the thread wasn't great to start with but I'd rather shitpost about le beard man than listen to your shite.
Do you yanks even realize how self-centered and obnoxious are?

t. former Hillary supporter

maga is a grand narrative you cuck

your dad

also know as

Those are grand digits. But what's maga?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT CHECKED

This guy is really in love with his own dumb face. Does think ironic detachment somehow masks the narcissism? I bet he looks down upon people for "taking selfies" too.

make america great again. a modernist slogan in postmodern conditions

haha le epic the numbers at end of this post are same as eachother haha here have an upvote, have this reddit gold haha

>bananas
Is he, dare I say it, /ourgoy/?

>dubs are reddit
Exactly how new are you?

>a modernist slogan in postmodern conditions

exactly

I GO HARD IN THE MOTHERFUCKING PAINT NIGGA

When it becomes possible for a people to describe as ‘postmodern’ the décor of a room, the design of a building, the diegesis of a film, the construction of a record, or a ‘scratch’ video, a television commercial, or an arts documentary, or the ‘intertextual’ relations between them, the layout of a page in a fashion magazine or critical journal, an anti-teleological tendency within epistemology, the attack on the ‘metaphysics of presence’, a general attenuation of feeling, the collective chagrin and morbid projections of a post-War generation of baby boomers confronting disillusioned middle-age, the ‘predicament’ of reflexivity, a group of rhetorical tropes, a proliferation of surfaces, a new phase in commodity fetishism, a fascination for images, codes and styles, a process of cultural, political or existential fragmentation and/or crisis, the ‘de-centring’ of the subject, an ‘incredulity towards metanarratives’, the replacement of unitary power axes by a plurality of power/discourse formations, the ‘implosion of meaning’, the collapse of cultural hierarchies, the dread engendered by the threat of nuclear self-destruction, the decline of the university, the functioning and effects of the new miniaturised technologies, broad societal and economic shifts into a ‘media’, ‘consumer’ or ‘multinational’ phase, a sense (depending on who you read) of ‘placelessness’ or the abandonment of placelessness (‘critical regionalism’) or (even) a generalised substitution of spatial for temporal coordinates - when it becomes possible to describe all these things as ‘Postmodern’ (or more simply using a current abbreviation as ‘post’ or ‘very post’) then it’s clear we are in the presence of a buzzword.

white ppl sucks

Can you go somewhere else please :^p

Postmodernity is said to be a culture of fragmentary sensations, eclectic nostalgia, disposable simulacra, and promiscuous superficiality, in which the traditionally valued qualities of depth, coherence, meaning, originality, and authenticity are evacuated or dissolved amid the random swirl of empty signals.

Get for the banana man

Every time I try stick my hand up my ass, I bleed.

We dem boys

>Fuck everything, I do what I want.

I wonder how many wrong choices in life did it take him to get this kind of picture posted on Veeky Forums's literature forum.

>those digits

>Nothing is true except when it is.

Clinton's traditional in her political bullshitting. It's be subtle lies, lies of omission and the like and then will only admit to having lied once she can longer weasel her way out of it.

Trump will lie to your face and then in the next sentence say he's lying. He's the post-modern choice.

the refusal to subscribe to a grand metanarrative is a grand metanarrative :^)

kys

who the fuck is this guy in the picture.

Jimmy Numale

What did he mean by this?

see

where are you getting all these pictures of him though! what's his real name!

aAagh!

His IG is ilikebumshaha

His name is Jamba Juice
He is an author with over 300 published stories. These pictures are spread all over the internet as a non-textual approach to the dissemination of the self in contemporary literature. Now some people are posting them in Veeky Forums (probably him aswell, but anonimity makes it impossible to know for sure) as a deconstruction of the metaphysics of presence.

Jimmy Numale

I went to YOUR schools, I went to YOUR churches, I went to YOUR institutional learning facilities

>Wikipedia scholarship

So close to saying something smart. Keep it up.

this post is art

To be fair, Bill Clinton did utter the immortal line
>It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is
A lot of groundwork was laid before Murrica got its meme president.

Doesn't "post-modern" just mean futuristic?

Postmodernism is the twisting of literary norms and contracts to accomplish something, which includes nothing at all.

No

my diary desu

"you just did"

n00b

Why does this make me so irrationally angry and confused

How? Seems like standard particularistic nationalism to me.

i stuck my whole hand up my asshole and all i got was shit literally all over my hand

>gets told
>spouts pol memes
i don't think lit is for you

ridiculing your DNA.

>Summarize postmodernity in one sentence.
I plan to celebrate completion of my PhD with another tattoo, of either the Hindu goddess Kali, or a treble clef.

faggots thinking they're smart

Lurkmoar faggot

Weird for the sake of weird.

>Every novel is like one of those novelty snake cans, you open the book & POP you get a face fulla snakes and you fall back cackling.
>not a pop-up book
You had one job, user

Did this thread end in Aporia? I haven't seen one satisfying answer given. I know mine won't be very impressive either

I see it as a raising of the minute emotions and observations of the character/individual as the subjective truth; as a result of a rejection of and/or inability to prescribe to any single objective religious or philosophical truth of life.

What did he mean by this?

Checked

>I see it as a raising of the minute emotions and observations of the character/individual as the subjective truth; as a result of a rejection of and/or inability to prescribe to any single objective religious or philosophical truth of life.
Sounds more like Romanticism

i will fuck you in the ass while your wife and mile cyrus watch and harold bloom is laughing on the bathroom calling you a cuck

Holy...I want pacakes