Is Pho good?

I see and hear about lots of people eating it these days, its quite popular. Is it decent and worth trying?

It's 'worth trying' in socal where it's like 2-5 USD a bowl. Anywhere else, it's a ripoff.

its boring.

whats good is thai seafood chili soup. spicy tomato sauce base, noodles, seafood.

pho is just basically chicken broth noodles and a bit of lettuce

Don't they also make broth with beef?

Pho is specifically made with beef broth, especially ox tail.

wrong

You easily proved you've never had pho in your life.

Give it a try. It's a godsend as a hangover cure, but overall it's really delicious.

Pho is pretty great. It's been made into something way more special than it really is but don't skip trying it because its a meme.

Most places typically have chicken, beef and tofu; I would pick beef for your first time because it takes a lot longer to make and I think is more flavorful. Next, you pick the actual cuts of beef you want in your pho. A wide variety is available and places usually offer combinations of 3-5 meats. If you're an adventurous eater get one of the big combos and try them all. If tripe, tendon or oxtail aren't really your thing I would get "tai" which is thinly cut rare steak, usually ribeye or tenderloin.

As for toppings beyond that, they usually put cilantro and raw onion on top and provide lime, beansprouts, culantro and thai basil. This part is entirely up to you on what you like. Beansprouts are great but like the raw onion above its best to let it cook in the soup slightly. Keep in mind that beansprouts added to soup will cool it down so don't toss a handful in and make your soup room temperature.

He probably has, or at least, thinks he has. The problem with letting flyovers have internet is that they read about something, and decide they can do it too, without anything to go on but pictures. So they go to some huckster joint staffed by a totally different kind of asian, and have the shitty fake pho, and decide it's all a scam

>It's a godsend as a hangover cure
this desu
GOAT hangover meal

I make my own Pho stock and substitute celery with bok choy. It comes out really well. Try it.

This.

Also, the farther away you are from a large Vietnamese populous, it's less likely your pho restaurant of choice is any good.

>socal
STFU LA scum

The places with the highest viet populations are in Norcal

Try san diego

You say that like it's a good thing to be surrounded by hundreds of jabbering gooks.

>2% vietnamese
Try 10%

You aren't allowed to talk about pho unless all the signs in public places have vietnamese on them

No, that's Orange County, as in socal. Gud effort tho

What do you mean "like"

It is a good thing, the mass shooter race needs to be eradicated

San Jose has the largest population of Vietnamese people outside of Vietnam

Still doesn't dispute the original point of your viet food being overpriced. It's called strawmen fallacy, or in 4chin terms, goalpost moving.

Do you even know what the terms "moving goalposts" and "strawman" mean, or are you just spamming meme insults now? You forgot "autist" and "cuck"

In any case enjoy your flyover viet food, LA scum

what's a good easy pho recipe? I went out and bought all the spices for it (since I wanted to try it) but I'm not quite sure on the proteins and some other things

Correct

Pho is a pleb filter, bun bo hue is where the real shit starts.

Why is Pho pronounced FAH?

Because different languages are pronounced differently?

Well if other languages use different symbols for sounds, after translation why not just spell it phonetically like it's pronounced?

More like FUH.

It's pretty good, but not worth the excessive hype. Still worth trying though.

Isn't it more like fuh

Imo Pho is so cheap outside that making it is a waste of money

Saying fuh sounds stupid sometimes i'm tempted to pronounce it foe when I order it

its not actually a normal "o"

What the fuck is an abnormal "o"?

I don't live in a place with cheap pho then, usually all around 10 dollars

i know that restaurant

i always get the chicken and rice thing because it's cheap as fuck even though the chicken is always dry

What? I'm not even from LA, you moron. I'm from Orange County. You are arguing completely different point, that is exactly what a straw men fallacy is. That is exactly what goalpost is. I didn't even mention autism, but okay. Be the couch psychologist. The fact is that the same authentic food is served cheaper in socal. Also, your 10% population stat is baseless.

brb going to /gif/

>I'm not even from LA, you moron. I'm from Orange County
That's like saying "I'm not even from flyover land, I'm from Texas"

Meh....I think it's overrated compared to other Vietnamese and other asian soups.
I'd rather have bun bo hue, bo kho, ramen, sour tamarind soup, laksa, tom kha gai....you get the idea.

I'm surprised to see such a consensus on Veeky Forums, let alone a correct one.

damn, that chick is hot

You have to find the right Pho place, in my opinion. I've actually had bland pho even though the lady claimed to have simmered bones for 12 hours or whatever. Should be pretty easy to find a place with a good reputation. It's all about that broth. All in all, nothing to get your panties in a twist about. I'm kind of annoyed they charge 8 bucks for a bowl around here.

What the hell ever. What is your point?

Yeah for like two more years. Fuck it now and move on before she turns into nightmares.

>90% of population is white
>only 65% of murders is by white
Seems fine to me.

it tastes like rainwater and nightmares prepared by a child solider

Superior...

wrong its not boring. Its boring if you are a little pussy bitch and dont get beef pho with the right beef additions. This includes rare beef that cooks in the soup, fatty flank which gives a nice chew and crunch, tendon which gives a springy texture, and the meatballs with also give a springy texture with meaty flavor.

Secondly, You have to add lots of basil and lime beansprouts and a squeeze of hoisin and sambal or sriracha.

Third, You must use the separate little dishes they provide. In one you put salt and pepper and in the other you put sriracha and hoisin. This is to dip your meat in.

Some places you can also add quail eggs which are good as well.

mass shootings that aren't exploded on the news, ie the large majority of them, are largely committed by gang members, and i'mma let you guess which races tend to be in gangs of that sort

I agree with you that bo kho is really good. I like to make it at home, it doesnt take as long as pho and easier to prepare and eat. I dont like bun bo hue I cant get over the shrimp paste it smells too foul for me.

Honestly flank is the best thing you posted. It can elevate a pho from meh to godly.

>sambal
>siracha
White guy with yellow fever detected...

clearly "the jabbering gooks" yes?

oops! no it's just more vile westerns

Viet chicks can be insanely hot.

And don't listen to the moron here , the Asian aging algorithm is in full effect. At 40 they still look 20.

Are you fucking retarded? Chiu chow is chinese. Also I am speaking for what would be most common to find in america at pho places. In Vietnam they have fresh thai chilis or pickled chopped thai chilis you add to the soup. They also provide sambal on some tables. You are a fucking idiot.

westerns, yes, but definitely not the asians...

i'm not this guy you mong

>lol its not authentic because its chinese
Ask me how I know that you're a white guy that can't handle spicy food?

You realize that fresh thai chilis are much hotter than chiu chow and hot oil chilis right?

You realize that you haven't had hot chili oil correct? Because you obviously do not know what the fuck you are talking about.

TL;DR chili oil is much much hotter than thai chili.

lol wrong. What a retard.

Okay whitey... I was trying to teach you but I guess you just want to remain ignorant. Enjoy watching asian people laugh at you when you pretend to know shit about asian food.

First of im not white, second of all, you are a troll and not a very good one. Third, you obviously have not even been to vietnam and this discussion is about pho not shitty chinese hot oil faggot.

>duur huur I don't know shit about hot food
>but but this discussion is about VIETNAM!!!!
>I.. I've sex tour in Vietnam so I know more about Vietnam than vietnamese people!

is this the location sandwiched between the barbershop and skinflick shop?

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahh

hahahahahahahahahahhaah

Wow triggered? U mad bro? Keep getting mad china boy. Learn something about cuisine before you try to force your shitty (and not very spicy) "hot" oil on everyone.

Okay whitey, I'm sure your opinions matter a bunch to asian people. Maybe once you're back from your sex tourism trip to Thailand you can teach thai people about their foods and ladyboys.

Your hatred of white people is disturbing. Like I said I'm not white, im actually a Japanese american. My opinions do matter because they are correct. No one puts Chinese hot oil in pho. They even use sriracha in Vietnam which shows how much you know. In america everyone uses sriracha or sambal. Enjoy your pf changs and small dick idiot.

also you spelled your wrong its you're

>im actually a Japanese american
Funny that I read and that and the first thought in my head was weeb.

At least he managed to punctuate, retard.

>Is it decent
If you can handle coriander.
>and worth trying?
Sure, user, but it's just soup.

Grandma's chicken noodle or vegetable soup was just as good.

I picture going to a pho place, refusing to pay extras, and getting plain vegan broth. No wonder people find pho disappointing.

>Living in a country with no official language

>Translation
It's called transliteration when it originally use another alphabet. Since English doesn't have letters for [weird sound], they had to came up with new conventions for each language and alphabet.
For example, R in Japanese is a sound close to L, but since it's phonetically a very soft R but not a L, they decided to write it down R.
It makes sense with Arabic that has a handful different Rs, to write some with K like in German, some with R like in Spanish etc. There are rules that makes sense when studying language and phonology.

It's not like English was read phonetically anyway.

>basil
Thai basil and cilantro?

They look 20 until about 65, then one morning they are cute centennial grandma.

we should meet up and get some pho

Is that the one near the 99 Ranch?

yes obviously thai basil and cilantro. Did you think I would get that in depth and then not know that thats what goes in? I left out cilantro because it usually comes with it already floating in the soup when you get it along with green onions.

I put Tabasco sauce in my pho. Also sometimes I use tapatio. I agree with you it doesnt matter where the chili sauce came from as long as it tastes good. Fuck that other guy and his "authentic" hot sauce.

I'm about an hour away, can I come too?

My sister-in-law is Vietnamese. I can assure you this is false. I love her to death but she's about as attractive as a flat tire, she's 28.

He said "can be hot", not "all of them are hot".

I had this often as a kid.

I don't get the recent explosion in popularity, sometimes it seems like a social thing rather than anything to do with the dish itself.

It's usually decent but don't expect too much, alter the flavours to your taste using the sides they give. I dump a whole lot of Hoi sin and a squeeze or so of lemon in mine. Try a couple different places. Don't buy food court shit.

And this is why people think you sound retarded

Viet girls fall into two camps, gorgeous or fucked up face. Almost all have good bodies, unless they are ameriboo and let their diet go to shit.

Consistently retarded, good job.

Shut up Meg

It's usually pretty good, and occasionally fucking great. The most I've ever paid for it was $10 for about an 18" cube of beef-heavy soup.

pho just tastes boring,

Mine was salty tonight, fuck you hipster whitey fickbois.

You realize you're a fucking asshole? Go tongue-stab your mum's yellow cunt.

Overrated trash. Run like its on fire if it includes Laotian/Viet 'sausage' I can throw shitty beef cuts spaghetti and bean sprouts in my own water broth and be a million times happier with that trash versus the local pho guy that serves nothing but pho; advertises liquor but doesn't serve it. Some gooks need to go away.

Hipster meme food.
It's essentially a bland peasant soup but all the craft beer types starting raving about it and it attained its status as meme food.

Dude I love that place. My family likes the Pho 999 across the street but they crazy.

Isn't that how all the "ethnic food" gets popular.

Except when they sell it to westerners they probably add way more meat than usual.

i call it diet ramen or water soup.

>advertises liquor but doesn't serve it
They do, but not to visibly drunk people.

>bland peasant soup
You had a shitty one.

Lien?

Fuck the restaurant, tell us more about that skinflick joint.