HOAGIE THREAD

If you call a hoagie anything other than a hoagie DO NOT POST HERE

Other urls found in this thread:

slackshoagies.com/
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hoagie
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Grinder thread

You mean, a club sandwich.

I've lived in so many parts of the US I can't even keep my regional slang straight anymore

The only thing that really grinds my gears is stuff like "pop" or "coke" in reference to soda, that is fucking WRONG and everyone who talks that way sounds like a retard

Looks like a sandwich to me.

Good grinders is what I'm really getting at here

Also, it should be illegal to use banana peppers as "hot" peppers like slobway does

Thats just a bunwich...

HOAGIE

It's Submarines.

Subs are pretty good.

Fuck you. Pop is a perfectly acceptable shortening of "soda pop". Calling everything coke is retarded as shit though.

Looks like sandwiches.

What do they sell here? slackshoagies.com/

This.

it's a hero

just kidding I'm not American so I have no fucking clue, I'd just call it a sandwich

K

Looks like some sort of balsamic italian hero?

Please google club sandwich before ever posting again

That bread reminds me of a deli my mom used to take me to as a kid. Best subs ever until they went out of business.

I still think about thos subs.

you were so close bro

Just picked one of these bad boys up from Hoagieway™

Bread looks good.

Oofah it's a hero ya mamalukes

It's a sub.

T. Marylander

It's just an over stuffed fucking sandwich with too much meat. It needs half the meat if not less. What is it with Amerifats piling on so much meat on their sandwiches? I saw this picture of some corned beef sandwich at a NY deli and it looked fucking stupid. No wonder why they are so fat.

kys faggot

We have a lot of meat in the US, what can you do? You might as well enjoy it. It's one reason veal has never been a tradition. Ranchers have more than enough pasture to allow beef cattle to reach full weight before marketing. You euros, packed into sardine cans of countries, don't have that luxury and have to butcher your beef when it's weaned.

that looks like a shitty po'boy

Why are you assuming I am European? There are so many places on Earth I could be from and yet on a whim with no evidence you assume my origin. This is the problem with Americans. No critical thinking skills.
I would if I were a fat American

Hoagie sounds like a filthy word. American terminology is weird.

It derived from the singer Hoagie Carmichael and his special affinity for that style of sandwich. It became a standard name for it because whenever he walked into his favorite deli, the owner would ask, "You want the same hoagie, Hoagie?" And he always responded, "As long as you make it with Heart and Soul." Just one of those pieces of americana that still survives today.

Oh , then you're from asia where you've never even seen cattle. Don't worry, you have enough human waste to fertilize your vegetables and rice without cow manure.

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hoagie

this thread, a foodname autist trying to bait people
it's just a fucking sandwich, who cares

Is a hoagie a specific type of sub sandwich

>As long as you make it with Heart and Soul
I'm gonna start saying this when I order at McDonalds.

It's just another word for the same thing. Hoagie, Grinder, Sub.....same basic idea.

We call that a wedge where I'm from

Over here we call it a zeppelin

Fontano's

We call that a baby underfilled blimpie

I've heard spuckie, blimpie, and hero in cleveland. Most of the time people here just call it a sub though.

I remember some drunk guy from Wisconsin tried to argue with me that we use the word hoagie...maybe only due to proximity to pennyslvania...I think hoagie is used amongst those from philly, but I could be wrong

Their meat already contains cow hearts and souls

My mom calls all sandwiches with more than two things a "dagwood".

Dagwoods are the tall kind, u know like how Dagwood makes them

Hoagie is used in pittsburgh and western pa. Philadelphia isn't considered as part of pa by the rest of the state.

i've heard this as well. what's the issue with philly? I've heard unflattering things about philly. all true?

The word comes from the dirty Italians working at Hog Island during the war. Hoagie is the only correct term. Case closed.

I love poboys!

>sesame seeds
>red onion
>feta cheese
Clearly not a grinder. A grinder is salami, pastrami, shredded lettuce, tomato, oil and vinegar, salt and pepper, on white Italian bread

I forgot the swiss or provolone cheese.

Uh they have jalapenos at subway. No one said that banana peppers were supposed to be hot?

S U B
U
B

Hoagie sounds dumb but is acceptable for warm subs.

Here's what doesn't make sense to me. A sub? Sure, you could say it's shaped like a submarine. Hero makes sense, it's similar to a gyro (pronounced íerro). Grinders, sure, it's a long sandwich and you have to grind away at it.

But what the FUCK is a hoagie. Sounds like the nickname of some fat bastard that cut a loaf of bread open to use for a sandwich.

Ho-gi? Like what a woman of low moral standards wears to slut-karate practice?

Philly is actually really nice. I like it way more than NYC which is just a dirty shithole. Philly actually has some pretty patrician sections.

WE INVENTED THE FUXKING SANDWISWJCH WE CAN CALL IT WHATWVER WE WANT

pay denbts

>we invented putting meat in bread

Yeah nah, fuck off bong the earl of Sandwich only gave his name to it.

The Earl of Sandwich was really an American, though.