Why does chili always taste so much better on the second day?

Why does chili always taste so much better on the second day?

Because it allows all the flavors to blend and mellow. Any stew (including chili and curries) and many soups benefit from sitting overnight. As does certain sauces, like bbq sauce and other savory cooked sauces.

legume magic
cabbage does it too

I read that when you cook protein it tightens up like a spring. As it cools, it relaxes. It's during that relaxing stage that the protein absorbs the surrounding liquid like a sponge. Would you rather the meat taste like chili or taste like meat floating in chili sauce? Most people prefer the former.

The more you cook it the more the flavours concentrate as the water content evaporates out.

Because your roomate jerks off into it once you fall asleep

At night when u we're slepping I sneaky in a bust a nut in it

The other guy made the same joke you did but 4 minutes earlier.

Real chili doesn't have beans

If we let you secede will you shut your fucking mouth?

It has time to really infuse.

Chile con carne indeed doesn't contain beans. It's meat braised in a chili spiced broth

Happens with just about any long simmering dish. Same is true for most stews and curries.

Like the others say, generally it applies to stews and stuff like that, I don't really know why, but it seems to usually be the case.

A rainbow flag dont mean your a fag either a rainbow is gods promise traditionally.
Things change no bean fags.
Rainbows are for fags and beans go in chilli

I killed that bastard years ago, he ended as main ingredient for curry stew.

>beans in chili are for fags and rainbows are refraction and dispersion of light in water droplets.

FTFY

It was explained in Modernist Cuisine, something about oxidation, cant remember for sure. And yes, its true for any stew as well

Because the flavors mend and blend. It's kinda the same as coleslaw and macaroni salad...always better day two.

Some dishes are just like that .

Jesus fucking Christ. When the fuck will people realize that this is shitposting and will stop letting it derail whole threads and the fucking board?

Where do this guy even come from making statements like this?

Mold.

In most Texas chili cookoffs "filler" will disqualify you, which includes things like beans and corn. It's just autism

Personally I don't like beans in chili but I do put a can of corn in mine for the texture contrast

Correct answer here.

>In most Texas chili cookoffs
Most people aren't Texans, nor engaging in cookoffs, so who gives a shit? Is this really the logic of that?

>but I do put a can of corn in mine for the texture contrast
Me too, I like the flavor of the corn, along with the beans.

>le texas chili cookoffs are center of universe
The idea is to make something delicious and nutritionally balanced for me. The beans are both necessary and authentic, not to mention healthy.

You asked where this autism comes from so I told you. Don't be this way

Why did my roommates eat all my leftover chili and then tell me it was just okay?

Your roommates want your cock

Every time I make curry, I cook it the night before. Reheating it on the stove the day after improves the flavor 10 fold.

God isn't real and rainbows aren't a promise, therye what this moderately informed fag said

Wow there actually is somebody who isn't completely retarded in these threads.

That + the acidic environment the tomatoes/lime juice (or whatever you use for acidity) slowly breaks down everything causing them to slowly leak out water / flavor aswell as taking in the tasty other flavors that aren't theirs.

Truth.

This is actually interesting to read about.

It allows time for the carbs in the beans to break down into simple sugars

Mmm... beans