What's the best bread for pb&j?

What's the best bread for pb&j?
I like the softness of plain American white bread

Try whole grain rye bread. The _rustic_ nature works good to complement the more indulgent pb&j. White bread doesn't provide the necessary contrast

I honestly only ever eat white bread for PB&J, I don't like white bread but fuck me, maybe because it's how I had them as a kid but there's no other way to have a PB&J except with white bread

Not even peanutbutter and hagelslag. Are you even trying?

If it ain't white it ain't right

Hotdog bun

Back in grade school a kid ate his with hamburger buns

I thought he was poor because of that.

Oatmeal

100% whole wheat, son

Tortilla.

Honey wheat is pretty good but you can't go wrong with plain old white bread.
Too thick.

Is there such a thing as quality white bread that's better than the stuff you get at the grocery store?

of course
just go to a decent bakery and buy some

Honey wheat

Wow what a sad post

PB&J is the only place white bread is better.

Kinda off topic

But I get peanut butter from Trader Joes and it separates like crazy and is a pain in the ass to try to recombine.

Does anyone know any tricks to easily mix it?

Sunbeam white

You could solve the problem once and for all by mixing in a coagulant

Pour off 1/2 the oil, mix the remainder in, pour the oil back and mix that in, then refrigerate.

Trader Joes now sells peanut butter with a coagulant. It's called "No Stir"

What about a hot dog bun PB&J?

Mix it up and set it in the refrigerator upside down.

That, or country white. I'm fine with rye or whole grain or something else, but they're inferior to white. Especially if I want to toast the bread.

Honestly I have nostalgia for whole grain pb&apricot jelly sandwiches at my bros house.

I prefer PB sprinkled with raisins

My ideal bread for a PBJ would be fluffy and moist (unlesstoasted and buttered), tangy, with a soft chewy crust. Breads I use for this sandwich include : brioche, West coast sourdough, potato bread, and your everyday run of the mill white

long bread

Pumpernickel with extra caroway and fennel seeds

Anyone who tells you different is your enemy

I cannot believe this post has gotten this far without the obvious being stated.

Toast the bread.

Pb&j is one of the rare occasions where plain white sandwich bread is a good choice, but it is even better toasted.

If you like White Bread for pbj, I highly reccomend this stuff.

It's easily the best soft white bread I've ever had.

Also for pb&j always, always, use seedless blackberry preserves. No other jam or jelly can even remotely compare for pb&j.

actually, following up, to you specifically I would particularly recommend it. It's very light and soft, but has a very strong 'bread' flavor and aroma.

Potato bread my nigga