Tarkovsky

What book can I read that feels like a Tarkovsky film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UIGEjEu0bn4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well, I am guessing you have read 'Roadside Picnic'.

It doesn't feel anything remotely like the film, though.

georges bernanos

theodore dostoevsky

Which film?
Stalker and The Mirror are tremendously different

His father's poems.

Sculpting with Time by Tarkovsky himself.

Solaris

Not formally they aren't. I imagine OP is asking for a book that has the drifting, 'dreamlike' aesthetics of Tark's cinematography and editing.

As far as what to actually recommend, hard to say. Probably some poetry, like Rimbaud's prose poetry or maybe some free verse like Hart Crane

the road

OP here, yes to clarify, I mean the atmosphere of timelessness and loneliness that Tarkovsky captures so well, usually with surrealism or in a natural settings

The book is actually good tho

solaris is amazing, lem is amazing. havent seen the film tho

Anything by Krasznahorkai. Bela Tarr was hugely influenced by Tarkovsky, he worked closely with Krasznahorkai and made perfect adaptations of his books as well.

Tarr is amazing but I don't think it's very similar to what op's asking, krasznahorkai either, inspired or not their styles are too different.

I would say amras by thomas bernhard and the street of crocodiles by bruno schulz both have that surrealist, dream-like atmosphere you're looking for, they're very different from the stories in tarkovsky's films but they have that same feel of poetic irreality

any idea where I can find these online?

What?

street of crocodiles also has a terrific short film adaptation which has that tarkovsky feeling

linku desu
youtube.com/watch?v=UIGEjEu0bn4

Street of Crocodiles I got off Libgen, but Amras I can't find anywhere in english

We talked about the film in class, it was absolutely terrifying, but very good.

amras is in three novellas in English

I can't find it online in the usual pirating haunts, did you just buy it?