Underrated kitchen tools

i vote the humble kitchen shears as most underrated

I use these almost every day.

They're called "scissors"

TONGS

But which do you think are best: the kind that you lock by pulling a little tab at the bottom or the kind with the sliding ring that locks them?

I personally love the ladle. Growing up, my faggot mother always served soups and such with big spoons like the ape she is. Ladles are so much faster, cleaner and better at serving liquidy foods than a spoon, you old goat.

JUST

good for beating disobedient children

Wooden spoon is best

Where's the anger coming from, user?

Have you considered speaking to a therapist?

>people have """kitchens""" without these

who? did you know what college retard that didn't have a whisk because even the useless people I know that eat out constantly have whisks

rubber spatulas. typically used only for baking purposes but I use mine all the time now. it's really perfect for any kind delicate...thing. eggs, any kind of sauce.

you wont know how much you needed one till you have it. just make sure its in reach

For me, it's the Frorkā„¢. The best kitchen tool.

sure

for what?

why

I knew a couple people who cooked regularly for years before my teasing caused one to buy a whisk. The other still refuses to use one. I even had a coworker cook who claimed whisks were pointless. Of course he also refused a meringue and a whipped cream challenge claiming that both those items are useless.
Some people are just obstinate for no good reason.

For cutting up green onions and for harvesting sprigs from the herb garden, mostly. It also makes cutting up clumps of large leafy stuff super lazy and easy - grab a fistfull, clump them up and snip snip snip.

fucking sliding ring, are you daft? fewer moving parts, and you can do it one-handed.

that does sound pretty useful

i got one as a gift and have never used it. i just use the knife i chopped stuff with to transfer stuff. what am i missing?

This will trigger some of you, but I love my garlic press. I don't have to get a cutting board dirty if I just need some garlic minced.

Also a big fan of silicone spatulas

Those things are impossible to wash though. I just use one of these now.

>a fucking food processor is easier to wash than a little garlic press

It's essentially just a bowl, you goon. And you don't need any extra tools to clean out those damned holes or teeth of a press. Plus you put all the garlic in at once, hold the button for a few seconds and you're done.

>wanting either of those over complicated solutions
pleb
Seriously though, these are some of my favorite tongs. I also have a longer pair of cheap ones with the sliding ring.

>a bowl
>you goon

I started using the bench scraper just for cutting and scraping dough at first, then realized just how great it feels compared to sweeping with the back of the knife. Love it.

Top fucking kek

I'd probably go with a salad spinner. They look fucking stupid and they seem like a complete gimmick, but they really do make life a whole lot fucking easier if you eat a lot of greens.

For a long time, I didn't have a whisk. Didn't much need it, as I don't do a lot of baking, and don't really ever make meringues or mayonnaise. Most anything else it can do I can accomplish with a fork or cooking chopsticks. Now I have one, I still don't use it all that often. It's great to have one when I need it, but I could get through life easily without one.

Now THESE I cannot do without. I use them for every goddamn thing.

>altonbrown.jpg

correct answers

"""no"""

I got a silicone spoon with a steel core in it. It's a lot harder hitting.