Came from the doctor with ldl at 500mg so I need to start eating healthy. My meal plan basically goes like this:

Came from the doctor with ldl at 500mg so I need to start eating healthy. My meal plan basically goes like this:

>morning
Steel oats and apple juice
>lunch (two times a week)
Jbox teriyaki combo with Arnold palmer
>snack
Salad
>dinner
Rice with beans and green beans and salmon

Basically doing this for a couple months straight... Will this help?

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/food-recipes/features/health-effects-of-sugar#1
health.harvard.edu/blog/eating-too-much-added-sugar-increases-the-risk-of-dying-with-heart-disease-201402067021
jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/185711
jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/2174010
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/65/4/908.short
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who gives a shit this isn't your blog faggot

eat an apple instead of drinking juice
stop eating fast food, the oils they fry stuff in oxidizes the cholesterol in the foods and is very bad for atherosclerosis symptoms
go for a straight iced tea instead of the sugary lemonade.

>eat an apple instead of drinking juice
I put apple slices on my oats if that counts
>stop eating fast food, the oils they fry stuff in oxidizes the cholesterol in the foods and is very bad for atherosclerosis symptoms
Twice a week cause I take classes and not allowed to bring anything so have to eat something from fast food
>go for a straight iced tea instead of the sugary lemonade.
Non negotiable, I can't stand the taste of straight tea or water. Probably all my years from drinking sugary drinks but it's the closest alternative I could think of to soda

if you're still drinking the juice you're still taking in all that extra sugar and it's hurting you.
>can't stand the taste of water
nigger what
stop being a pussy

>"Guys I need to be healthy what do"
>>"Start drinking water instead of unhealthy drinks"
>"No fuck that reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

I'll get my water from beer or the Arnold palmer

>Basically doing this for a couple months straight... Will this help?
Most likely. If you are overweight you need to lose weight. Minimize animal products and saturated fat. Get your fruits, veggies, whole grains, beans, also some nuts and seeds in moderation. Easy going

Refined sugar and juices have no effect on cholesterol.

to lower ldl you need unsaturated fats and fiber while avoiding saturated fats.

you need to add more unsaturated fats to that diet, e.g. almond slivers in your oats, crushed nuts and evoo on your salad.

I'm 6'2 160lbs

Thanks I'm glad it'll help

Thanks, yeah would granola help?

As a long time degenerate coca cola drinker, I dislike water unless I'm actively thirsty too.

I settled on milk and a stevia fruit syrup I mix with cheap seltzer.

ok

webmd.com/food-recipes/features/health-effects-of-sugar#1
>Can sugar worsen cholesterol?

>Researchers have found a link between sugar and unhealthy levels of blood fats. “There’s an association between added sugar intake and what we call dyslipidemia -- higher triglycerides and lower HDL ("good") cholesterol, says Rachel K. Johnson, RD, MPH, PhD, a professor of nutrition at the University of Vermont and a spokeswoman for the American Heart Association (AHA).

>In a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), people who ate the largest amounts of added sugar had the highest blood triglyceride levels and the lowest HDL (good) cholesterol levels. That study also showed that eating lots of sugar more than tripled the odds of having low HDL cholesterol levels, a strong risk factor for heart disease.

>In contrast, people who ate the least sugar had the lowest triglyceride levels and highest HDL levels, a protective factor against heart disease

health.harvard.edu/blog/eating-too-much-added-sugar-increases-the-risk-of-dying-with-heart-disease-201402067021
>Could it be possible that sugar isn’t the true bad guy boosting heart disease risk, but that it’s the lack of heart-healthy foods like fruits and veggies? Apparently not. In this study, the researchers measured the participants’ Healthy Eating Index. This shows how well their diets match up to federal dietary guidelines. “Regardless of their Healthy Eating Index scores, people who ate more sugar still had higher cardiovascular mortality,” says Dr. Teresa Fung, adjunct professor of nutrition at the Harvard School of Public Health.

it's like you don't even want to make it, user

if you're really going to be that much of a faggot about drinking sugary drinks at least mitigate the damage by diluting them down.
Progressively cut down on the presence of the lemonade in your arnold palmer until you're not such a picky faggot that you cant drink plain ice tea

So I have to change completely? No fun allowed? I'm fine

>But "the study doesn’t prove that added sugars cause dyslipidemia,” says Johnson, who wasn't involved in the JAMA study.
lel
>wow I'm so smart I deleted a sentence xDD
The study is fucking trash
jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/185711
NHANES garbage, lol
Meanwhile we have several high-quality interventional studies that prove beyond all doubt that refined sugar in itself has no negative effects on humans when it replaces other carboyhdrates.

Oh and Harvard is a notorious pro-fat propaganda institution. Actually Mozaffarian is funded by Bunge, the largest producer of edible oil in the world.

As for the Yang study, I JUST dealt with that shit in another thread because it was referenced on Mercola of all places (where else). Hilariously, they also linked a comment article in JAMA that debunks it, but they thought it was another study...
jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/2174010

It just happens to be the case that the study debunks itself because the data prove that Americans have been getting fatter and sicker at the same time that sugar consumption has been going down.

>that prove beyond all doubt that refined sugar in itself has no negative effects on humans when it replaces other carboyhdrates.

are you this fucking retarded? eat yourself to death, get the fuck out of here, no one gives a fuck what you do.

>hey guys i need to eat healthy pls help
>you can do A B and C or maybe even D
>what no way I dont want to have to do anything, nothing wrong with me

That wasn't even me fag... Lrn2internet

that the study doesn't prove sugars cause dislipedemia beyond all shadow of a doubt doesn't erase the correlation that they found, which indicates somewhat strongly that there is a possibility of causation.

you seem very emotionally invested in this topic. I wonder why.
>claims your studies are better
>doesn't link them

It would be useful if you explained why you believe the JAMA study was "fucking trash" rather than just insulting it.

I just looked up "mozzafarian" and "bunge" because you didn't feel it was necessary to explain them. I couldn't find proof of bunge funding mozz, but it appears that bunge is mostly about soybean and corn oils - which are complete trash that nobody should consume. This does not mean you should replace them with sugar.

I never said that OP should consume refined sugar, only that limiting refined sugar is not going to lower cholesterol. We have studies going back decades of people lowering their cholesterol on very high-sugar diets. We have the Kempner diet (half rice, half sugar), we also have studies like this: ajcn.nutrition.org/content/65/4/908.short
Almost 50% calories from refined sugar and cholesterol down.
However whole foods tend to lower cholesterol independently via fiber and phytonutrients so therefore they are always preferred.

The problem people are always neglecting with sugar is that it works as a gateway, no one is eating the stuff by the spoonful, you add or consume it along with high caloric or high cholesterol foods.

And if OP wants to lower his cholesterol he will have to get rid of his gateway drug which will lead him down the same path.

Replace cocaine for weed?
Replace hfcs for stevia?

You are probably better going cold turkey but each person is different.

used to drink a lot of soda too, admittedly not instead of water but still, I managed to kick it and I'm not looking back, good tea coffee or beer is much tastier than sugar water
in general you can decrease your cravings for sweets by just progressively eating less of them, works the same way with soda

>junk science
>more junk science

Ask Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums has a literal Alcoholic General ffs

>apple juice
>arnold palmer

Enjoy your beetus.

From Apple juice? Try harder

This

why the fuck didn't you ask your god damn doctor what you should be eating

Fpbp

>Go to Veeky Forums.
>Read the sticky.
>Watch scooby health videos.
All you need to do and just eat balanced meals. I did this and I'm pretty lazy and still loose weight.

>eating healthy
*healthily
Dumb Shart.
>loose
*lose
Dumb Shart.

is that the starwars font

Oh no how will I ever recover from eurotrash insults on my superior homeland and people's?

when i made that pic it wasnt. doesnt mean its not the star wars font, however.

"Eating healthy" is a pretty recognized phrase, you perscriptivist jackoff.

Why do people think eating healthy means a diet of salad, rice and apples?

You can eat healthy and eat delicious food at the same time so easily, you can even be healthy and still eat a cookie or bag of crisps.

Being healthy is about eating a good balance to get your macros and micros, doing exercise, and not binging on shite food, it's not about living a tortured existence of apple slices until you die.

>So I have to change completely?
Nope! You could die instead.