Heat water to boiling

>heat water to boiling
>turn burner to low
>add rice
>cover
>walk away
>30 seconds later rice water is foaming and over from underneath the lid

What am I doing wrong?

Not waiting for your element to cool before covering.

just open the lid for a bit and wait for the foam to go back down. might have to do it like 2 or 3 times.

depending on what rice you're cooking, there's more of less of it. personally i've never had that happen with long grain rice. also, the size of the pot you're cooking your rice in might affect that too, obviously. the taller the pot and the less rice you make, the less likely that will happen.

if it does tho, it's not a big deal. never ruined my rice at least.

would moving the pot to another burner with a cold element set to low help?

why does this kid have such a punch-able face?

so would that be
>heat water to boiling
>turn burner to low
>add rice
>wait for pot to cool
>cover
>walk away

don't hate on Hipster Toddler now

Shouldn't take long, unless your stove uses ceramic hotplates or something

But if you cover a pot while it's still essentially on maximum heat because it hasn't had a chance to cool down after you moved the dial, of course it'll boil over.

I would push this kid in mud if I saw him at the park.

because you fucked up so badly at life that you're culturally intimidated by a 4 year old dressed the way cool people dressed 7 years ago. you know you shouldn't be, but you are. you try to fight it but it just makes you feel worse. why are you so upset? god dammit it's just a picture of a child dressed up by his parents for some facebook chuckles. it wasn't supposed to turn out like this. you used to tell yourself "this is the year I finally get my shit together" but you've long since given up on that. you consider it a good week if you can just blow off some steam anonymously raving about the cool hipster cucks who blow money on fancy chipotle meals, without getting another sitewide ban

the worst part about it is you know it's all downhill from here. you are just waiting for your parents to die so you can finally have no reason not to commit suicide. your day was going just fine, you were holding it down, and then this kid. this god damm hipster kid with his punchable face brought the facade tumbling down and now you'll stew and stew before rushing off to the gas station to stock up on steel reserve to chill out and watch some Rick & Morty before masturbating yourself to sleep

tomorrow is a new day. maybe tomorrow is the day you start to work on a plan

meh, you tried tho

I have never felt the urge to hit a child quite like the way this picture makes me feel.

agreed. so damn punch-able.

The haircut and glasses are emphasizing all the punchable qualities of a face, he'd look normal otherwise.

splendid post

thank you

FYI CK EHY CWNT WHITE PEOPLE COOK RICR. PUT OIL HEAT UP ADD RICE WAIT UNTIL SIZzling ADD WATER LET BOIL AND THE INSTANT YOU GET TO BOILING TURN TO LOWEST POSSIBLE SETTING AND COVER. I FUCKING HATE YOU NIGGERS FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

>What am I doing wrong?
everything

>add rice to pan
>fill with water to just cover the rice, then add a bit more. maybe a half-centimeter over the rice.
>SALT your water
>bring to boil
>turn the burner to low
>cover
>go do something for 20 minutes or so
>come back
>taste rice for doneness

>add water to hot oil
yeah that'll turn out great

You told him to do the same thing he already did but with salty water, which is stupid. Don't salt your rice. The rice is there to balance out other salty food.

Op, when you turn the heat down, give it a minute to chill out, then put the lid on. When you put the lid on immediately the water is still boiling, putting the lid on traps the steam which makes it boil longer. The boiling is stripping the starch off the outside of the grains which makes bubbles that trap steam and grow larger and that's why your shit boils over.

Just wait a few seconds and stir it a bit before you put the lid on, that's it.

Or just use a rice cooker.

Taste is the most important thing in that post. Taste your food, checking it's flavor and doneness.

Also always salt your rice, unless you're using pussy level bleached dollar brand white rice like a punk bitch you fucking dipshit.

that's assault, brotha

I can sense his Apple products from here.

why bring up rick and morty though, that's a Reddit show...?

You need to wash your rice. Also, no need to boil the water before adding the rice, just put the rice in from the start.

decent.

yeah but only in VR

I can sense your poverty from here.
Stay mad, prole.

Oh look everyone we have an Apple connoisseur over here

Yes

Not using a rice cooker was your first mistake.

Buy unenriched rice, it doesn't foam up like this unless it has chemicals added.

Are you the FDA chemicals guy? can you please direct me, or link me to sources that support you claims. You always tell people to look it up themselves but i can't be assed

Try a bigger pot or less rice. The foam and boil is fine

>Reading comprehension

That poor kid doesn't stand a chance.

First, you should add the rice while its boiling. Stir and then cover. Turn that stove down to the lowest possible setting.
Are you adding butter or oil of any kind? I think that helps.

rinse the rice first, to remove excess starch. use bigger pot. heat too high. tilt lid to let steam escape.

100% cringe

use a rice cooker. they are cheap.

Okay listen up shitlords, this is how you make rice

>PAN NICE AND HOT
>OLIVE OIL
>ONIONS, DICED, PINCH OF SALT
>GARLIC, CRUSHED
>RICE, RINSED
>RICE, IN THE PAN, STIR
>ADD WATER, SLOWLY
>BRING TO BOIL
>TURN DOWN TO LOWEST SETTING, COVER
>DONT FUCKING TOUCH IT
>WATER IS GONE
>FLUFF WITH FORK
>SALT TO YOUR MOTHERFUCKING TASTE

> mfw I've never looked this cool in 40 years

> not having a rice cooker

Nig they are $10 get a rice cooker

If you insist on making it in a pot:

Rinse rice and put water on high until boiling. Water to rice should be 1.5
Add rice and boil for 5 mins, stirring and adjusting temperature to avoid boil over
After five mins put on low and cover with lid
Check in 10 mins and every few min after until the rice on the top is cooked as desired

Because he looks like the dude that your girlfriend cheated on you with.

[nervously glances at half-empty steel reserve can]

Nu-toddler

*Burp* g-gods not real user *belch*

Solid effort. 7/10

You should rinse your rice and cook at a lower temperature.

BUY A RICE COOKER, unless you can tell the internal temperature of the pot, it's a bit of a guessing game. Almost every asian household has one. Why waste rice every time you fuck it up, when you could get perfect results every time? I've never lived in a household without one. People can rant all they want about the skill it takes to cook stovetop, but even chefs use them, because they make the most sense, the nonstick surface is so easy to clean compared to the starchy mess you get on the pot. They also have a keep warm setting and can be portable, we used to eat kimchee, roast sesame seeds, and salted roasted seaweed with warm rice as a roadtrip meal.

Kimcheeeeeeee

lol this kid looks like the beta cuck, not the bull

Did you rinse the rice seven times?

t. projection

Stop

hipster is a term for white 20 somethings who only wear off fashion clothes, listen to obscure music and like subscribe to counter culture for the sole reason of being contrarian.

this is a well known thing and your image is fake news.

More like 30-40 times to get the american chemicals off.

some rice just bubbles a lot, nothing you can really do about it. Don't salt the water like these plebs are telling you

This thread is shit, but here's what you do
>add water to sauce pan
>add half as much rice as water
>add teaspoon to tablespoon of olive oil
>bring to boil
>as soon as it boils turn heat to low
>wait 1 minute
>cover
>wait 30-50 minutes until rice has desired texture

More like 666 times to get the satan out, right vitafag?

Hipsters can be of all races. But the niggers who look like hipsters are very often just flamboyant faggots.

Same method as me, except I use butter or coconut oil usually and it only takes about 15 minutes.. are we talking regular basmati or similar? Odd time disparity

>cooking rice without adding a bullying cube

welcome to flavortown OP

>adding flavor to rice for sushi

>vinegar and sugar are not flavor

WHAHAHAH. lol .. think ksimpple.. .either way you got a pan thats to small (or wanting to cook to much rice at once) or you had to much water in your pan ... :D use salt and maybe some sppices.. u dont even have to touch the ppan.. for 8 minutes.. .and the rice is doubled in size, read pack oof rice for amount of water and rice :D nigger

yes they are

but I think he was referring to adding bouillon cubes to sushi rice

The rice need to be rinsed to remove the starch. No foaming.

Also, if you don't have a rice cooker, best rice can be made in the oven, it's foolproof.

Yeah but that's not fucking starch.
Try rinsing a potato and getting the same pure white water.

It's the chemicals they dump on your rice.

Unenriched rice does NOT overboil.

I literally can not find unenriched rice at any grocery store

OP wants to rape that little hipster child

>ctrl + f wash
>1 result
Listen to this man of God, OP.

You want to punch this kid because it is a perfect embodiment of the decline of the western world.
Feminised effeminate men with no drive to better the world or even be the men they are supposed to be. Not willing to continue the human race by having a family and raising strong children, opting instead to pursue frivolous pleasure seeking.
All of these weak girlish men driving women of their own race to the arms of the stronger manly men from far away lands because they have the strength and drive to protect and provide for them.
This kid is also representable of the many gay men that are raised up high by the west once again proving to be the western mans doom and failure. Welcoming faggots to your community, allowing them to corrupt your youth, stopping any potential child to grow up and have a family. Drastic reduction in the birth rates of your people, already so low you can't keep up with the growing hordes of strangers in your country.

This kid foreshadows your doom and you're all too weak and apathetic to do anything about it.

If my wife ever tries to dress my son like this I'm slitting her wrists

looking back at my old childhood photos and seeing how my brother dresses his kid, im pretty sure it's a parents job to dress their child in ways that child will eventually find fucking embarrassing.

you add rice to the cold water, then heat to boiling, then add the lid and reduce to simmer
if your element is TOO hot I guess you can start like normal, but after you add the lid, transfer to a smaller burner that's been sitting on lower

Why the fuck are you adding rice after water boils? You are supposed to put it along with the water

t.ricenigger

Mothers dress their kids like their fathers. It's just worse when it's this elaborate shit, they're single mothers.
got an embarrassing picture of me laying down next to my dad on the floor (I'm maybe 3), and we're dressed in the same thing. all moms do it, but not all dads are super cringey. it's jeans and a particular polo shirt

i bet you look like this

3/10

>olive oil
T. Mednigger

>this cool
You may have serious issues

Turn down the heat, don't choke up the pot with the cover, just put it on slightly slanted leaving a gap for steam to escape. Adding some salt helps too.
Cooking rice is easy as fuck.

I don't do it like that.

>Pour rice into pot.
>Wash the rice.
>Cover with enough waterto just submerge it.
>Wait until it craters.
>Off the hob and wrap in towel.

Hipsters that dress like OP like Rick and Morty.

>Oil only comes in deep fryer tanks, no smaller quantity available.

There is a picture of Churchill in a dress.
That's how they dressed all kids at the time, because fuck having small trousers full of crap.

>What am I doing wrong?
Not cooking on a gas range.
Move immediately.

>pour rice into pot
>rinse rice about 3 times
>measure water to rice ratio with the tip of index finger
>boil
>let rest to absorb water
>Afewminuteslatur.jpeg
>fluffy rice

Back to /pol/ please

I love how much this triggers people here.

Most of the replies are calling it out for shitty projection. But sure, we are le triggered XD

Don't cover it, or use the Italian nonna trick of a wooden spoon over the top to keep from boiling over.

Or get a lid with steam release

>You told him to do the same thing
He added his rice AFTER, you illiterate fuck.

This is exactly what I do. I add rice, double the amount in water, bring to boil, turn to absolute low, cover, come back in twenty minutes.

no rinse?

Rinsing rice is a meme.

>rinsing
I think this accomplishes making the rice fluffy and not sticky? Only do this with long grain, if you do this with medium gain, I will look for you, I WILL find you, and I will kill you.

but sushi rice needs to be rinsed and that surely isn't long grain...