Oh for fuck's sake

Oh for fuck's sake

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/813807473987559424
youtube.com/watch?v=neBftfMt5xA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

F

It's like this fucking year is going for the final push.

twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/813807473987559424

Literally who

F.

Just received hardback first edition of Plague Dogs too

>crying_rabbits.jpeg
:(

This and Star Wars chick on the same day

Who?
The only authors I read died hundreds of years ago, some even thousands.

Yeah, noticed it when someone posted Carrie Fisher dying. Just 3 reports down. MMXVI is literally trying to kill Mother Earth.

Goddammit, a lot of people passing this year. At least he lived a long life.

Watership Down was such a cool book.

>reminder that Watership Down is a children's book and REAL men read Pynchon

>Pynchon will die in your lifetime
>probably before the decade is up

the sad thing is that we may never know when he dies

why must the great always die so young

normies will never understand how Pynchon dying is the worst loss the world will ever know.

Sexually active women who use social media and have an active social life will not even acknowledge him

Reminder Pynchon will never die since he doesn't exist to begin with

get out

>didn't read as a kid

haven't been here for 2 years
since when did /r9k/ leak here that much

/litt/ ist tot

>le randum penguin of doom author

does Watership Down hold up much as an adult? I still have my old hardcover of it but it's been over a decade since I read it.

Holy shit, I just learned that Carrie Fisher died, and now this shit. I fucking hate this year.

>I fucking hate this year.

This isn't like some of the others, he lived a good long life which can be appreciated.

I think so, my dad read it as an adult and liked it a lot. Plague Dogs was good, too.

No, there must always be a Pynchster. He will make a point of making sure nobody knows of his death and appointing a new Pynchon to take his place.

2016=2+0+1+6=9
6+6+6=18=1+8=9
6×6×6=216=2+1+6=9
Kek=k+e+k=2+5+2=9
Meme=m+e+m+e=4+5+4+5=18=1+8=9
What does it mean

Richard Adams was, I would argue, the last survivor in that tradition of British fantasy that began with MacDonald and went through Morris, Dunsany, Tolkien, and Lewis. With his passing, that tradition has effectively come to an end. It's remarkable that he lived such a long life and was active up til its close.

Must suck to be so narrow minded.

How could a light that burned so brightly suddenly burn so pale

And people act as if 2017 is going to be any different

LOL LORD KEK THE FROG OF DOOM XDDD

meme magic haha

Am I the only one who doesn't care when a semi-famous person dies, especially when they haven't done anything in years

I think it's moreso that when someone like this dies, it gives us an occasion to talk about their life and achievements. It's not every day that we talk about Richard Adams, but with his passing, we have an opportunity

Right, but I don't get the teary emojis and "for fuck's sake" and "oh noooo" like it's not like he was gonna write another great novel in 2017

Some people are emotional attached to other people, even people they don't personally know. You don't have to agree, but trying to act high-and-mighty about it just makes you come off like an asshole

>being attached to anyone

I hate normies so much, their inferior

>tfw you find out norm macdonald is 57
its not that old, but hes starting to look like all those tankards of gravy are getting him

Best Goodreads review ever.

Pynchon died on January 27, 2010

I support this.

Also: Remember when Watership Down was hated recently for being sexist?

Oh poo. Those silly opinion pieces are better left unmentioned, as they deserve

My sides

Fear not, friend! The tradition lives on! Why, the torch is carried by such exemplary writers as Patrick Rothfuss and George R.R. Martin!!1!

Jeez thats a special type of autism to get attached to people

>I fucking hate this year.

you're no better than someone who watches the kardashians

>autism
>strong attachment to other people

delete this

You only notice this because you've started buying into the rising celebrity culture. 2017 ill have even more "notable casualties".
Fucking plebs

I bet those plebs only found out about through a news source

I never understood the modern over use of "autism" that just gets attached to anyone showing or not showing any sort of emotion.

>more people cared and commented on the death of a celebrity than on Dr. Heimlich's death on Facebook (trolling account)

Fuck this stupid shit. I legitimately hate most people and I am not even trying to be edgy.

>le 2016 meme

k

y

s

Do people seriously think that significantly more famous people died this year? It's just a meme and confirmation bias.

I first read it when I was 22 and enjoyed it

That's it, I'm moving to Canada!

What did he mean by this?

You are really stupid.

Mods should sticky one of these

>tfw too intelligent to read anything from the 20th century onwards

kys

is the brain combover made of his pubes?

He was 96, I think he deserves the rest.

You didn't read books as a child?

F

F

>modern use

You mean Veeky Forums's use?

>celebrity culture
>an author

I highly doubt Adams, alongside many authors, are apart of what you would call "celebrity culture". Most media outlets, and by that extension their fanbases, just don't seem to care as much about literature as music, films or television - and when they do its usually for some current adaptation of their work. I think it's more so what this user stated:

youtube.com/watch?v=neBftfMt5xA

Why do people care about celebrity deaths? Like, you didn't personally know Richard Adams. He wasn't your dad, he wasn't your friend. You probably weren't even that interested in his work. Very, very few people were sitting around eagerly waiting for another novel of his, they just read Watership Down when they were kids and enjoyed it. How the fuck did you forge an emotional relationship with a photograph on a dust jacket?

For the same reason you give a shit about what anonymous people on a chinese cartoon image board think.

Get a load of this barrel of laughs

Its a prime number so we should be good

The Black Rabbit of Inle has visited again.

He's now with Lord Frith.

Silflay well, Richard.

Sorry who?

2016 has been exceptional nonetheless

I had absolutely no idea who it was and went full retard with "lmao who?"
Then I checked and holy shit, I really had no idea. I still have a box set of that shit back at my parents'.
Madness, RIP.

You won't get any upbuckeroos here for your funny year memes friendo

FOLLOWING THE RIVER OF DEATH DOWNSTREAM

he'll be fine

Lol

>since when did /r9k/ leak here that much
this summer it git particularly bad but they've been here for ages.

It's weird having non-/pol/ crossposters

Also that faggot from Wham.