Chilly weather chili thread

Post your best chili recipes and secrets and together we build the perfect chili. Ground meat and beans are allowed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLETmNKPd_A
youtu.be/KxPgrGdSHh8?t=3m50s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>chili leaking over the side

Secret ingredients - wee bit of honey, just a touch, and MSG. Also, add a broth made of 1 1/2 cup low sodium V8, 1/2 cup water and a packet of shrimp ramen seasoning. Any ramen seasoning packet will do fine but I like the shrimp one.

s'good.

sounds like some salty ass garbage

secret ingredient is cocoa powder, instant coffee, or both

Maple syrup over hunny.

If I'm making sweet/not spicy chili I'll add some cinnamon, allspice and brown sugar. Spicy chili gets nutmeg and Worcestershire

>sounds like some salty ass garbage
It really isn't though. Especially not in proportion to the size of the pots I make. It is just divine.

What. The. Fuck.

>Adding Canadian tapwater to chili

Cocoa is the secret

Get some dark ass cocoa in there. So good

Try it and then come fight me.

Throw in some cream cheese at the end if you like a thick chili, dat shiz is the game changer

What is the best meat for chili and why is it the turkey?

Not sure about the rest of that but v8 has been one of my secret ingredients for years now. It's great

>unironically not saying veal

>not using beef and hot pork sausage
It's like you don't want to enjoy life.

Remove the meat from pork ribs, cut into chunks. Begin making stock from the bones. While that's processing, salt pork chunks heavily and then sear, set aside in your stewing pots.

Toast some dried chilis in a pan until fragrant, a big variety of different kinds but no need for any specifics. Blend together with some stock into a paste. Add together with the rest of the stock into the pot. Thicken with corn flour. Onions and other seasonings optional. Beans are acceptable but only if you make your chili like this, since cowboys actually would have eaten it like that.

Stew for multiple hours, serve with warm flour or corn tortillas.

My secret ingredients are all spice chocolate cinnamon and bayleaf among the real secret ingredient dried pepper blend I make myself. But really do try unsweetened chocolate, it adds a lot of depth.

>chilly weather
its already 90 degrees at noon and I'm dying

A few pieces of baker's chocolate. One olive.

it's hot af rn tho senpai

>chilly weather
hrm, it's like 90F here in Florida every day...where's home OP? I wish it was indeed chilly :P

However, I do love a quick pot of chili for a cold snap here in Florida. It's a pantry meal for me with frozen beef and I whip up a cast iron skillet cornbread or a beer bread to go with it, also great pantry foods. I am pretty basic about it:
1-2lbs ground sirloin (I don't want to drain fat, so start 90-93% lean), browned in pan, and then set aside to saute onions and peppers
onions, chopped
bell pepper, cubanelle or poblano peppers, chopped
garlic cloves

After sauteeing that, add 1-2 Tbsp of cumin & chili powder, combine all in pot with 1-2 canned of whole peeled tomatoes or stewed tomatoes (low sodium is my preference).

Soak 3-4 ancho, california, pasilla (seeded and stems removed) or other chilies in blender in some of the hot stock from the pot or water. And whirl up when softened, pour chili slurry into the stew pot. Simmer on low 30 minutes. Check for salt, pepper, more this or that. I like chunky tomatoes in there, but you can always give them a squish, if you don't.

About 30 minutes before serving, add your beans if using, do your cornbread or beer bread batter and voila, serve all same time. Glass of milk or beer. I like to top my chili with some fried chilies (slice up some strips of the dried chilies and warm til crispy in a little olive oil).

>divine

nigga you fat!

>secret ingredient is cocoa powder, instant coffee, or both
Same here, it's actually more or less traditional too.

A lot of people try to romanticize chili. This makes no sense to me. Especially when they also decide that beans, a filler, remains a key ingredient.

I say return to the basics. Onions for aromatics, tomatoes for a binding flavour, ground beef, black pepper and hot chili for kicks, some sugar to balance everything out, flour for body. Nothing else. No cumin fuckery, no bay leafs, no fucking beans, just a big ol' bowl of hobofeed that goes in rice and makes you not hungry before you can say "please sir I don't want to eat the same thing for an entire week".

If it's just supposed to be hobo feed, you might as well entirely ditch the precious meat, and just feed yourself a bowl of spiced beans and rice instead.

i made chilli tonight:
onion, capsicum, carrot, kidney beans, quorn mince, tinned tomato, cumin, paprika, curry powder, soy sauce and molasses. then i put some brown rice in to cook in the tomato sauce.

this is also how i make spag bol and minestrone, i just call it chill if it's with rice, spag bol if it's with pasta and minestrone if i cooked the pasta in the sauce lol.

i had this 'intrusive thought' about putting coffee in but i thought i was just baked

I've never been fat a day in my life, du schwein

>tomatos
>back to the basics

"Basic" chili does not have tomatoes, and it doesn't need onions. Also sugar? In chili? "BASIC"? Are you FUCKING WITH ME? Fuck you and your shitty ass modern ass chilly. Chili is not fucking balanced, it doesn't have tomatoes, and it doesn't use cheap ass fucking GROUND BEEF.

This is chili. It a stew made of chunks of meat, chilis, stock from the bones, and a thickener. That is "basic" chili. That is what cowboys ate.

Also I fucking hate you for putting sugar in your chili you piece of shit

And why the FUCK are you even using sugar if you're using onions? Caramelize the onions some more dumbass

Where the fuck does OP live that he's talking about chilly weather in May? It's already fucking scorching where I am.

>Chilly weather

I miss those days. Now its just blazing heat... even in "winter" KILL ME.

Oh, hell! Trump & Co. just say turn on your air conditioner, you fucking puss and MACH - Make America China.

The Hell? Fuck Trump. And I have my air conditioner on 24/7, asshole. I still have to go into my oven of a car every single day, and what the fuck does that have to do with politics. Also, Murrka is China now anyway. My position on the planet is already fucked by climate change, and yours is next - regardless of presidents or country status of any kind.

kek. May I suggest a tub of dry ice to sooth the furrowed brow?

Only if dry ice shall sooth mine furrowed brow.

>Ground meat
well first off don't add meat to chili. I add beans. lentils, peas, carrots, and split peas.

>well first off don't add meat to chili
kys faggot
>secret ingredient is cocoa powder, instant coffee, or both
This. I use cocoa powder and some strong coffee.

But I'm also a heretic who uses a mix of ground beef/bison/beans and some onion/peppers and a bunch of other shit like beer, so wtf do I know

Not many recipes in here. Get ready to be triggered, sluts.
>ground turkey
>garlic
>onion
>green pepper
>red pepper
>jalapeno
>tomatoes
>kidney beans
>corn
>paprika
>cumin
>oregano
>basil
>white pepper
>cayenne
>brown sugar
>cinnamon
>apple cider vinegar
>salt
>black pepper
Brown meat in hunks. Stir in onion, garlic, and peppers and cook for a few minutes. Add in remaining ingredients. Stir and add seasoning. Add chicken stock if needed. Bring to boil then move to different burner and let simmer for hours. Serve with rice.

Pasta Fagioli > Chili

While your recipe is horrible and not exactly chili at all, you don't use tomatoes so I'm not particularly mad

>tomatoes
Read that list again, friendo. And what makes it not chili and horrible? Did you make it or are you sticking with the mcchicken, the best fast food shit post?

Minestrone > pasta e fagioli >>>>>>>> "Chili"

Oh well it's even worse than I thought. Also I'm pretty sure it doesn't have chilis in it, a pretty important part of chili. You just said "red peppers" and while that isn't completely meaningless it usually means red bell peppers.

Even if it doesn't mean bell peppers, you've got this huge heavily spiced dish that's meant to be balanced and you're saying "use a single, random chili"

Okay, so you haven't tried it and have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Why don't you try out a hobby like /tv/ where you don't really need to create anything or actively participate?

How can I even try it when you haven't even ACTUALLY WRITTEN DOWN THE INGREDIENTS

And for that matter PRETTY MUCH ANY PEPPER IS RED IF YOU LET IT RIPEN LONG ENOUGH

youtube.com/watch?v=nLETmNKPd_A
This woman knows more about making chili con carne than any of you do.

I can't believe I sat through that bulldyke spic bitch saying chilé 20 fucking times. That looks like a pile of dogshit and is in fact not chili you god damn brown skinned mongoloid.

It has chili and it has carne (meat). What else do you need in order to make chili con carne? I'm not talking about those weird ragù-like stews you people make, but rather the real stuff (which shouldn't have ground beef at all).

This looks extremely tasty. Thoughts?
youtu.be/KxPgrGdSHh8?t=3m50s

Starts at 3:50

This is totally unauthentic, cowboys would NOT have eaten this. My recipes are all based off historical records

And seriously she makes her paste with water instead of stock? This is shit. Garlic? Cowboys don't eat fucking garlic. Cowboys don't eat tomatoes. This chili is trash

>cowboys don't eat garlic

Meat is rank and greasy.
Meat ruins chili

Chili con carne is not cowboy food. It's the kind of food that Texano women would have cooked for their families back in the old days.

This is so wrong you have no fucking clue.

Chili was eaten on the trail, is was transported in the form of dried chilis and most of the other ingredients in large blocks. You add the blocks to stock, add meat, and cook into your dried hunk of ingredients and meat is a stew.

You're partially right. The blocks were meat with chilis and salt pounded into it then dried. It was placed in water and heated. The meat wasn't added separately.

nah that kind of salted meat can't be eaten without being soaked separately, would be too salty to eat

Red, black, brown and baked beans, dash of honey and sprinkle of cinnamon, venison and a little bacon.

Shitload of onion
Stewing meat
If there's no pork in the meat mix, add some bacon
Chipotles en adobo (this may contain tomatos so feel free to spreg)
Beer
Oregano
Whatever dried chilis you find lying about

Face it. He blew you the fuck out.

t. brainwashed fool

>christ, you think you're actually feeling the effects of climate change? Haha, that's just fake news. You aren't feeling anything but the bright shiny orange radiance of my munificence.

Who are you quoting?

Chicken hearts
Beef tongue
Brown rice
Kidney beans
Tomatoes
Tomato paste
Tomato stewed
Onions
Garlic
Cumin
Zuccinni
Kale
Salt
Pepper
ceyanne
Habenro
Sesamie seed
Penuts
Oats

Fuck off, you degenerate fucking vegan.

Chili is a stew

BASED ON CHILIS
If this is chili, then your stew is approximately 1/3rd habanero at least, and I am thoroughly impressed at your dedication and strength. But I kind of doubt that.