What's the best carbonara recipe you know of?

What's the best carbonara recipe you know of?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3AAdKl1UYZs
youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY
youtube.com/watch?v=L9hu9B35fYI
youtube.com/watch?v=ao9Oi1HPbSk
youtube.com/watch?v=KeGQ9jl0wJg
youtube.com/watch?v=zaPdEPl5gdI
youtube.com/watch?v=ihB53eEwLbs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=3AAdKl1UYZs

This tbqhm80

Also fpbp so mods can close this thread.

*blocks your path*

youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY

This video and a few of the older Gordon Ramsay recipes like for fondant potatoes are what got me into cooking

Ramsays fondant potatoes are terrible. Foodwishes knows what's up.

Agree, they sucked ass when I made them but it got me interested at least

Can't unsee

Why

without even clicking it, I know you sinned user
please repent

the secret ingredient is duck eggs

that is foul...

>hot dogs
>american cheese
>cream of chicken

>guanciale
>eggs
>black pepper
>pecorino romano
>a tiny bit of pasta water for binding/stabilizing the yolks

That's it.

That's actively traumatizing to watch, god damn.

Those God damn Pinoys are SHIT in the kitchen

cancerous, newfag, reddit tier, "put me in the screenshot", reaction image posters

go pound sand, fuckface

God I hate American cooking.

Fry bacon, then add some fresh eggs, roughly a teacup of dairy cream, then a bunch of fresh ground parmesan, and a LOT of fresh ground black pepper, pour into a pot of cooked eggnoodles or some nice fresh pasta, stir it out.

>roughly a teacup of dairy cream
and so it begins

Italians can fuck off if it's not 'authentic' enough.

>go pound sand

what did he mean by this?

Get fucked?

>What's the best carbonara recipe you know of?
I don't think you really think of this as a recipe kind of dish...more of a technique kind of dish.

You're simply taking great ingredients and making them cozy in your kitchen. This is latenight yummy food you whip up and immediately enjoy.
You can take some liberties, too provided you don't go with the sugary or smoky bacon kind of thing. Fettucini and this is where it's even better as a fresh wide eggy pasta, freshly grated aromatic cheese (grate it yourself on a microplane and it'll simply melt into the noodles), nicely sized flakes of delicious mmpork whether some kind of proscuitto, pancetta, guanciale, basic lardons or even some other ham! Eggs.
The tricks to bring out the flavor with a little fry of the pork, cooking the noodles just right, holding back some of that water before you drain them (just scoop a measuring cup into the pasta water, and then adding your pasta to your big frypan into the sauce. Stirring in some of that cheese, warming up the eggs in it with that starchy pasta water til you like the sauciness. Swirl it out onto your plates, and sure, more grated cheese. Tons of pepper! Peppermill fine or coarse, as you like!

You can make your own pork jowl guanciale...or a facsimile. The flavors of a good guanciale include rosemary, garlic, coriander, and you'll find you can get those flavors even in Boar's Head rosemary asiago ham. Don't think you need an italian butcher for this recipe!

You're a woman aren't you

fuck you

>sitting
Get wrecked guedo scum. This is how mama makes it back in the old country

MAMMA MIA!

Jesus christ, his fucking face ahahahabababhshshahhdn

kek he can't even look her in the eyes

>rinse the pasta with cold water

>replying to posters with reaction images is newfag reddit tier shit
wew lad

Why the fuck do you need cream? What do you think the egg is for? It's just so fucking pointless.

>He thinks reaction images are Reddit tier

We must ask ourselves, who is *really* the newfag here?

Jesus Christ...

>Why the fuck do you need cream?

To make it creamy. Seriously, 9 out of 10 'authentic' carbonara pictures I see look either too dry or too watery. Fuck that crap.

it's obviously you

>>He thinks reaction images are Reddit tier

Are you trying to say they're not?

fucking millenials

kys old man

What a good guess, user. On a board that is ninety percent female, what are the odds that a random user would be female?

You have to go back.

No seriously. You fucking retards add nothing. Not even maymays, no stale old copy pasta, no trolling, jack shit nothing at all. Fuck off dumbass.

You need to cool down on your aspergers.

absolutely

I always used this recipe at first youtube.com/watch?v=L9hu9B35fYI
but you don't really need the parsley and garlic at all

>shares the dish with his crew
What a nice man. No one ever does that shit.

Hitting sand with enough force will cause an explosion equal to a quarter stick of dynamite. He wants you to kill yourself for being retarded.

>getting this upset on a carbonara thread

"No oil please"

I could listen to this guy read War and Peace, and he shares the dish with everyone, what a mensch!

>pictures
Why don't you try making the recipe on your own with different ingredients and actually taste it?

>"Carbonara" with not a single egg in it

Sickening

He called you long-winded.

I'd love to see how you got those percentages there.

I will slaughter thousands.

>posting reaction images is now reddit

We've come full circle.

>eggnoodles

Yeah, no. I won't mention the cream and bacon but I draw the line at eggnoodles.

it's the equivalent of "go fly a kite"

Actually I did. I find I need at least double as many egg yolks without cream and it still doesn't come out quite as good. A dash of cream makes the yolk taste more pronounced.

>don't go with the sugary or smoky bacon kind of thing

I don't get this at all. The name carbonara means "charcoal burner." Presumably, it was a meal they would whip up on their lunch break. They are inundated with smoke from morning to night, yet they're going to throw a pissfit because someone used smoked pork? Hell, the guanciole they brought with them to use probably picked up a smokey flavor from sitting around their charcoal burning camp.

What's wrong with eggnoodles? Not authentic enough?

This

most of us are dudes yo

I made this today. Here are my changes.
>elbow noodles 1/2 pound
>Kraft Parmesan 1/3 cup
>shrimp as the meat
>garlic and onion powder
>3 whole eggs

I think I actually put too much Parmesan, but it was pretty good. Tasted better with the extra spices.

jesus christ you have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about.

It is no surprise really that Asia's worst nation, people, and culture also has the worst cuisine.

Marco Pierre White's version is superior.
youtube.com/watch?v=ao9Oi1HPbSk

Am I the only one who fucking loves parmesan, but almost feel like puking when tasting pecorino?

I really don't understand how anyone could prefer the latter

Just gonna leave this here
youtube.com/watch?v=KeGQ9jl0wJg

>Cream cheese
>milk
>no egg
So it's not really carbonara so much as an alfredo with bacon and peas.

as the man says, cream is absolutely forbidden

Not trolling, but it will piss you fags off.

Best carbonara is one made very traditional, but at the end, add a little bit of cream. Not a ton, but enough to smooth things out.

I'm going to go put my ear protectors on while you autist screech

i enjoy how he explains everything but can't get behind the replacing salt with knorr stock pots

You should try it.

You comment on Allrecipes don't you

I based my recipe on this video after I saw it years ago. Here are the changes.

Instead of Guanciale, I use what we in the South call "Hog Jowls". In your store, it would be in the specialty meats section and probably called "Smoked Pork Jowl Bacon". It is the same cut as Guanciale, except it is cured and then smoked. You might only be able to buy it around New Years in other parts of the country.
I also add a small amount of crushed red pepper flakes to the pork when cooking it and use less olive oil than in the video. It is 10/10.

I like to put a little bit of mustard in my carb. Also grana padano instead of parmigiano reggiano.

that one with cream that everyone has to pretend to not like nowadays

youtube.com/watch?v=zaPdEPl5gdI

Best recipe

marco is so based I'm actually contemplating using stock pots

>I like to put a little bit of mustard in my carb.
interesting, might try

youtube.com/watch?v=ihB53eEwLbs

I do it this way, but after crushing the garlic I'll chop it coarsly and leave it in the pan.
Am I pleb for enjoying my carbonara garlicky?
Also I fry on a mixture of butter and olive oil, because of this video.

The poor bastard now has to integrate some processed Knorr shit into every single single one of his recipes. You can tell from his broken eyes how dead he is inside. He can't even pronounce it properly - it's not "norr", like "knife", it's Knorr, with a hard "k", like cunt.
Was it really worth selling your soul for some advertising Euros, Marco?

>tfw can't eat carbonara anymore because starting to get lactose intolerant

There is no lactose in carbonara.

I can barely digest cream or condensed/evaporated milk

>"Carbonara"
That much is right.

>comments disabled

>cream or condensed/evaporated milk
>carbonara

I'd give up on life too if my son turned out to be a shit like his

I'm lactose intolerant. There is no fucking lactose in carbonara.

>cream
>no lactose

To be honest, you might as well kill yourself asian boy

Do you use pancetta or bacon? Looks very good for my non autistic/Italian eyes.

Only Guanciale should be used. Otherwise it's not carbonara.

Don't be so autistic. Recipes can be modified according to personal taste of local availability of ingredients.

carbonara is a meme

>everything I don't like is autism

Who the fuck revoked your ban?