Rice weevils

I've got weevils in my rice, dudes. This sucks.

I just wash the rice 2-3 times
Most of them will float to the top

>complaining about extra protein

???

At least now it's more than just empty carbs

throw it out and then get new rice and put in plastic zip lock bag and store in freezer you fuckiwit

I do that too but, man, does it still suck.

Rice is cheap as shit, throw it out and buy new stuff.

I had rice weevils once. I saw it as a free pet colony.

I also thought about giving them to small mantises to add more variety to thier diet than flightless fruit flies.

All of the rice isn't wasted just 'cuz of some weevils, right?

>the ants came back

this. also, store your rice in an airtight container.

well, not really. they ain't gonna hurt you considering how much steam and heat goes into cooking rice

are you from some bug eating country?

why eat bugs when you can just not eat bugs?

At least you know your rice isn't plastic.

not puruposely, but if some are in the rice it ain't gone do nothing to ya, nigga'

Protein

>freezing rice
>freezing a food that remains edible for thousands of years if you just keep it dry and free from insects

>Store rice in freezer

White people.

Whether you see them or not, if you eat rice you're eating their eggs and larvae at a minimum. So every country that eats rice is a bug eating country. Enjoy your red beans and bugs, stir fried bugs, sushi bugs, curry and bugs or just good old bugs in a rice cooker or pan.

this. stop whining.

Underrated post

except you're going to eat a bunch of bug shit you shit-kicking yokels

oh shit that's what those are

these little niggers have been in my barley

eh. I usually toss out my rice if I get weevils, usually it means the rice was soon to go off anyway, since my dumbass roommate frequently uses the same cup to measure rice and water, so the rice in the sack or cask gets wet and then left in a fucking dark covered up thing and it's a mess.

Sounds like somebody made a few friends.

Fuck yeah, free protein!

>inb4 eww bugs

I suppose you dislike shrimps and lobsters too

Shrimp comes deshelled and lobsters are too big and slow to be icky.

But have you ever just looked at a crawdad?
Them's is freaky bug looking things. Like eating a pillbug.

Here in the first world we have runninf water, Pajeet. We rinse our rice. Try not to throw another jealous tantrum again

You don't need to keep it there forever. I always freeze rice and flour for a week (in airtight bags) before moving to the pantry.

Fuck that sucks.

I always find worms floating when boiling broccoli. Thats why I only eat the florets.

>pill bug
There wood lice faggot

Where wood lice?

Yummy.

>2017
>Not oven canning your rice along with other dry goods such as beans and macaroni

over there! behind you!