/alc/ al/ck/

Al/ck/ - Alcohol general thread

Lost control yet?

I was looking for al/ck general
Is this a sign?
How you doing man?

Night number 2 for me sober. I actually made dinner. I can't remember the last time I made dinner. Had some pretty bad shakes a few hours ago but I feel pretty good now.

sticking with beer lately, no withdrawals. the only problem is i dont get a nice buzz.

Doin great so far, woke up 2 hours before my train leaves, all I gotta do now is stay sober for 6 more hours, not because I don't have booze but I really don't want to be pissing on the train

I understand

>pic related
Managed 4 days
Now I am back listening to Japan metalcore

>Monitor/tv is the only light source
my man

lost it a bit on the weekend, getting back on track again. Working my way through a bottle of wine after the gym, kinda wish I hadn't bought it but maybe I won't by anything tomorrow?

here's hoping. I find going to the gym really helps. I only do the rowing machine, no lifting or anything, but it gives me motivation to not drink (very much) and it takes up a good hour after work.

my weekday drinking pattern has been (up until the past couple months) get off work, start drinking as soon as possible, keep drinking aggressively until Im ready to pass out, get up at 5 and go to work again. If I can avoid making buying beer the first thing I do after work, if I can delay it, which I've been doing, I do so much better.

sorry for the ramble

so what are your thoughts on gin

everyday?
How do you do it and wake up?

>lost control yet?

A long time ago. I've mostly controlled my day drinking, but twice a mont I'll have a three day bender and end it in withdrawals.

Not him but hair of the dog and BC powder's

>hair of the dog
What did user mean by this?

>130 minutes until I can drink

is that when the store opens?
Do the people working ever say anything?

>Thought I was going to go out and socialize
>Stay inside and try to fish for tail on snapchat instead

Life is strange.

Puking twice a day with tons of black blood, also shitting black blood. Eyes looking yellow

Not too much time left, thank god, friendos

Tried to hang myself with a neck tie last night lol and ended up breaking my door and frame since I'm obese as fuck lol

Nah it's when I get off the train
They haven't said anything to me tho, I consider myself really lucky because of that

Sober here, not working through anything right now, but I'm up for talking if anybody needs it.

... What's up, bro?

Nothing. I'm recently unemployed and looking for something new. Marketing contractor. Boring days lately. What do you know, what do you say?

I can never get myself smashed. I always end up getting tired before reaching that level. Alcohol makes me so sleepy. I usually enjoy it with water and soda in between drinks.

Drank a whole $10 bottle of amsterdam vodka yesterday. Blacked out. Woke up today. Its time for a change. Didn't drink today. Already expecting the shakes and sweats tonight. Luckily I'm closing this whole weekend so hopefully it helps me not drink.

how did you get this job?
Does it pay well?
If I wanted to get this job as a man with decent degree but only a sparatic work history. How would I go about this

I hate that shit man. Beer doesnt do it for me unless its 4 loko. Tolerance is to high now

Drink when you wake up to kill the hangover and stop the shakes

I feel you, I'm on my way out of college and looking for jobs. I never know what I want to do with myself. Always feel like no matter what choice I make I'd rather have just gone into a trade and lived my life.

Maybe that's why I drink more.

but then would you not be drunk and unable to function?

I got lucky. An old friend I played Warcraft with ten years ago has an uncle who runs an IT company. Got started through them.

What are some good Canadian vodka beside polar ice? I prefer to drink it on the rocks if that matters.

Holy shit dude shitting black aint good

See a dr asap while healthcare is still easy to get

Become a software dev

Do they provide assisted suicide?

>Paying someone to kill you
>When you could do it for free by yourself

One 25 oz beer before work and I can cruise through rush buzzed then as soon as it is over and clean up time I will kill a pint before we leave.
Yes the chef knows but he does not have to do the work and I get the shit done so he just makes fun of his drunk sous.

>for free
Booze isn't free, it cost a lot to die of it.

It's free to steal

>tfw realizing being buzzed is way fucking better than shitfaced

desu man I'd be more worried about the jaundice than the black blood. You shit your liver out you're in for a long and painful death AFTER you can't drink anymore because you can't move

>Holy shit dude shitting black aint good

I shit black every time I drink red wine.

Wine shits are the worst.

Follow this advice, drink a tall can in the morning and your hangover is gone. It's not supposed to work but it does. Dont forget the minty gum .

It now takes me two bottles of wine before I get drunk and obviously I go way beyond that each night. Am I an al/ck/oholic?

No you are a completely sober person, why the fuck are you even asking that question?

>the rowing machine
proven to not do shit

>proven
>doesn't cite proof

Gives the ol' noggin a proper joggin

>look it up
>can't find shit
Guess I remembered wrong or it's changed. Keep it up, user.

Weird. I talk to my alcy dealer everyday. Yall just autistic or too ashamed?

I usually drink beer, but I'm trying to cut back on alcohol expenses. Thinking of going out and buying the cheapest Gin I can find tomorrow. Good plan? y/n

Good way to deepen your addiction to crippling. Do it

Get vodka instead, the terrible $12 kind.

I'm spent this week in vegas on vacation with the gf and her parents. Since we were here with them I didn't get too crazy. Had about 40 beers and other mixed drinks since Sunday. A lot of it was pretty spread out though. Right now I am trying to kill some of her mom's bud light. We each got a case for the week and she barely touched hers.

I have been I think psychologgicaly addicted to weed as I smoked every single day at least a small amount since the beginning of the semester. I only usually drank to amplify the effects of the weed so it has been interesting drinking for drinking's sake.

I'm pretty sure this week helped curb my desire for weed since I haven't really thought about it too much until this thread. I enjoy drinking but the stomach pain I had and the like 5 lbs I put on this week from all this beer convinced me not to make this a common occurrence.

I'm not usually the biggest fan but I tried some at the Las Vegas Distillery because we went to a tasting and it was pretty good. Ended up buying the oak barrel apple pie moonshine though

What's a good, mild beer? I hate the bitterness most commercial beers have. I used to drink Leffe blond but I can't stomach it anymore.

Is the "wine is healthy" meme just wine producers paying off research, or is there actual health benefit to alcohol?

As in, is alcohol not just beneficial in some way, but also more beneficial than comparable foods, while having less downside?

Half shot angostura or knockoff bitters + can of seltzer every hour. Every Sunday and Thursday for over a month I can actually remember and doc says liver enzymes are looking better. No rehab, only some shakes, and I'm down from most of a 750 a night to about a third.

Red wine supposedly does have some positive health benefits

New Amsterdam Gin ain't bad imo

I enjoy Stella and a local pittsburgh brew White Lightning. I've found personally I have more luck with wheat/Belgian white beers or whatever than most

Not in the quantity these fucking losers would drink it.

Well almost every single thing has SOME health benefit. Tobacco has some health benefits too, so does heroin.
What I want to know is:

1. Does it have more good outcomes than bad outcomes, as in does the benefit outweigh the damage.
2. Do other foods have the same good outcomes, with less bad outcomes.

Its like the "oh yeah coffee is great for you, its an antioxidant". Well yes, so are 50000 other foods, that don't fuck up your teeth and digestion.

It's a meme. Drinking a tiny amount of alcohol is slightly beneficial for the heart, but bad for the liver, kidneys and brain. Once you go above the tiny amount it's bad for the heart too. A glass of red wine every couple of days is arguably a net positive, but anything more is definitively a net negative.

Not tobacco, nicotine.
It's a nootropic
Nicotine by itself has barely any negative health effects, it's the tobacco, and more importantly, burning organic matter in cigarettes.
The health fucks have completely ruined nicotine's name, people honestly think nicotine is the worst thing about cigs, when in fact it's the least harmful part

Nicotine, even without burning shit to deliver it, is still linked to increase risk of cancer.
Tobacco cigarettes, compared to other herbal cigarettes, have increased risk of cancer.

What, where the hell did you read that?
Nicotine doesn't cancer by itself

All I see is flavored vodka and beer drinking burgercucks. Any slav alcks here?

The world cancer foundation?
Drinking, eating, or otherwise putting nicotine in yourself is linked to increased risk of cancer.
Its not the lung or throat cancer that breathing tar causes, and the risk isn't as great as smoking, but its there.

I think its in the same category as red meat.

Eh, I read a 2015 study and it's inconclusive at best.
And the effects are so low that it's like never making barbeque due to the risks, the positives far outweigh the negatives on that one.

>the positives
>of nicotine

Such as? It doesn't do anything that coffee doesn't do as well. Or just being out in the sun without sunglasses.

It's a nootropic and a stimulant.
It's stronger than coffee I believe, though if you want to use it as more of a stimulant, amphetamines are a far better choice

If you really wanna dip, use an Exit bag

execute all alcoholics

I hate my job and I've been going to work hung over for a while now.

>off work til monday
>liquor store opens in two hours
>tfw this is only time i will leave my house for the next three days

I lose control and then regain it. This is a recurring theme of my life.

I'm Slav but we don't drink vodka that much here.

Please do, I long for death.

Do you have any idea how childish you sound?

Er, what makes you think you might not be?

Urgh, I'm barely sleeping at all these last few days, no matter how much I drink. Had to slam 35cl of vodka and take 20mg of diazepam plus 100mg of quetiapine at 3am just to drift off, then woke 6hrs later back in withdrawal, this time with a migraine. Even with 150mg of aspirin, 100mg of sumatriptan and 100mg of tramadol, it took 5 hours to stop feeling like I was having my skull caved in. Not sure how much more if this my body is gonna take, too old for this shit, and the only thing that stops me from worrying myself half to death about how much I drink, is to get drunk.
Yeah op, pretty sure I've been out of control since the first time I drank.

Fucking €9 pints, I need to get out of this country.

I went to the store at 6:00 am to buy beer. My store all ready assumes that I just got home from work.

God damn. Where's that?
I'd only ever drink at home if it was that much.
Well. Actually I do only drink at home, but only because I'm so fucking ill thanks to booze. Still, with 7.5% pints on sale for 89p in corner shops, it's no surprise that pubs are closing down.

France. There are some places that I really like to drink at, but when beers are €8-9 and shots are €4-5, it's hard.

Yeah that's shit.
I did once go to a pub which charged £15 for one pint of (11%) 'unhuman cannonball' ale.
I'll stick to chugging vodka in bed. £14 for 27 units isn't bad at all.

How old were you all when you first tasted alcohol?
I was 5. Had 1/4 pint of beer. Then started buying crates of beer once or twice a year aged 12, became a daily drinker aged 15.
I wonder what life would have been like if I'd never drunk. Sigh.

five? fuck man
i started with thirteen; one of those flavored beers (2% alck) just to drink rakija and pelinkovac with 15 almost every night.
now it's cheap shit, and cheap smokes

Not if you dont over do it.
Just like he said. As long as shit is getting done you're good. But he's lucky his chef is cool with. Not everyone will be okay with it.

Yeah, 5 is the legal age for drinking at home in the uk. Even at that age I knew I was gonna have a long relationship with booze. Immediately loved it.

13 when I first tasted it, but I didn't start drinking heavily til 20, I was more of a pothead in highschool.

not slav but straight vodka is for me

>lost control yet?

I think so. I work Monday through Friday 8am-5pm and I've been drunk pretty much the whole time. This week feels like it never happened. Now it's almost the weekend and I'm just going to be hammered that whole time anyway. It's 9am and I'm already 5 beers in after having about 23 drinks yesterday.

I'm not mad though. I just want the pain to go away and this does the trick pretty well.

Happy Cinco de Drinko, Veeky Forums. What are you guys having today to celebrate?

My go to drink is Coors Light since I used to love Coke and Sprite and it's filled the gap since I quit soda. But for the holiday I guess I'll pick up some Corona and limes for the roommates.

>tfw adding vodka to literally everything

Right. That is fucking it. Today I give up for good. (Again)
Fucking hell, will this nightmare ever end? Withdrawal has started but I REFUSE to drink today. Gonna see if I can make it 1 month this time.

Man, you need to distract yourself if you want to not drink. Go out to the gym and exercise for an hour or two. Immerse yourself into some project (gardening, woodwork, hiking, etc). If you're adamant about not drinking, do that and keep a water bottle on you to drink (water, tea, something non-alcoholic and probably not sugary) when you get the urge.

All of that is way too physically demanding, some days I can't even stand up. My leg muscles are almost complete gone after so long in bed.
I've installed call of Pripyat on my gaming pc, gonna try immersing myself in that for a while.

Immersion in some virtual or intellectual pursuit is also good. Again, have a waterbottle/tankard/etc of something not alcoholic nearby to slake your desire for drinking when you get the urge. Stay strong, you can do it.

Thanks bruh. I've made a crapload of smoothie, got 4 litres of avocado, grapes, mango, blueberries, bananas and cherries, blended in pineapple juice and flavoured with cinnamon and mint leaf. I've also bought a load of lamb shoulder, ribeye and shellfish. Thought it'd be a good idea to actually get some food inside me for a change.
But I bet it'll all be out of date before I have anything resembling an appetite. I drank a pint of smoothie an hour ago and immediately projectile vomited all over my bed.
Anyway yeah, thanks for the words of encouragement.

13.5 hours. Only the second time this year I've gone so long without a drink.

a cold glass of sobriety