Why is philosophy so boring?

Why is philosophy so boring?

Nigga you just dumb

Why can't niggers into philosophy, Veeky Forums?

>t. salty guy who read plato on a subway

I find actually thinking to be exciting, yet overwhelming sometimes.

He has large fingers

thats the guy who said thats why you read plato!!

Honest question, Tyrese.

Because it's literally mental masturbation.

kek

Depends what type you're reading. I find there's practical philosophy you can use in everyday life, and then there's the bullshit that goes off into metaphysics and existentialism and all that crap.

If Plato and Aristotle are too boring for you try reading the Analects by Confucius or Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. Failing that, at least try Voltaire.

existentialism is a practical philosophy lmao fuckin philistine

>there's practical philosophy you can use in everyday life
To be fair most humanities are "useless". Not that there's anything wrong with that, Art is also useless

>you can have all kinds of theories about gravity as you like it doesn't change that gravity exists
>you can have all kinds of theories about bone fractures as you like it doesn't change that bone fractures exist
>you can have all kinds of theories about the causal relationship between immigrants and rape as you like it doesn't change that rape exists

Those are some sweet false equivalencies, bruh

Are you literally retarded
Have you never read a single existentialist author

It's just incidentally boring. It is not meant to be entertaining and therefore, when it is, if it is, it also only incidentally entertaining.

>To be fair most humanities are "useless". Not that there's anything wrong with that, Art is also useless

kekked

You are not reading good philosophy.

www.thefoundationpress.com/thefoundationforexploration.html

STEMfag detected

That spam though. I've seen you in another post.

It's not spam, look at the website. I posted this in my own thread.

Plato is boring, Aristotle can sometimes be boring. Nietzsche, Schopenhauer, Deleuze & Guattari, Alain Badiou, Quentin Meillassoux, I find particularly interesting to read, really depends on what you want from Philosophy

You are too new to understand what he was referencing.
Lurk for one (1) year, read books, and try again. Alternatively, go to a board that is more accommodating for people like you.

Because it's useless.

>Plato is boring
This is how you spot the pleb.

Are you into Heidegger? Derrida, maybe? Bataille, perhaps? de Sade, possibly? Foucalt, perchance? Artaud, mayhaps?

Man why isn't mayhaps used more often, I love that word

That magnificent prose! How can one man be so articulate, so swift in his every word that each word feels like a stream of water flowing through your mind.

Kek. I'm that user, I just got bored and typed in Memenglish.

Thinking about it: may > per > pos > per > may
Also, all of those name-dropped in my stream of memery were French speakers, related on topics too.

Just in case, Heidegger was not part of the stream.

>stream of memery
Lolmao that's pretty catchy

>stream of memery
Dank

>implying Plato is more boring than Aristotle

Alight, I'll admit it, you rustled my jimmies

Even the smart ones have to act like dumb apes if they want their friends and relatives to accept them. The Australians have a similar problem, it's very sad desu.

>nietzsche was a pleb

Look up different philosophies on wikipedia or something until you find one that really meshes with your worldview, there's definitely something out there that reflects how you live or want to live your life.

I used to think philosophy was dull and those who study it pretentious until I found stoicism. I realized how closely it reflected how I had been trying to live my life for years, and through studying that I sort of gained a fascination for philosophy in general.

pleb

Because you don't get it.

I mean, I'm not saying just read wikipedia, just use it as a resource to find something interesting and go from there. It's almost always better to read the source material over a summary

No, far from it. You just don't understand.

>Just imagine there is a world because my word-play say it is!
>DUDE WOAH WORDS MAKE WORLDS
How many centuries have metaphysic philosophers have been circlejerking about word-play? At least Aristotle put some commom-sense since the beginning.

Nietzsche killed them all.

No, what's sad is that while acting like a dumb ape, you would categorize the behavior of others as ape-like. Irony, but a sad kind of irony.

Probably for the same reasons that the majority of the population can't understand it, you fucking retard.

>until you find one that really meshes with your worldview
reading to confirm your existing views is weak. you read philosophy to expand your world, not to cement it.

I'm just saying I think it's a good way to get into philosophy in general. Read up on something that you already feel sort of familiar with, gain an appreciation or even fascination for philosophical thought so that reading it doesn't feel like a chore, then expand that to other philosophies that seem interesting or challenging