Pleb Tier Foods

Foods people might be eating that they don't realize is for plebs. I'll start: Processed cheese. Originally developed because it was not viable to make real cheese available to the large and geographically widespread population of the US, people still continue to consume so-called American Cheese in spite of it only being a cheap imitation designed to have a long shelf life.

Do yourself a favor and stop eating this garbage. If you're going to eat cheese, go to the market and find a cheese from your local dairy or find a nice import from well known regions like a genuine Somerset Cheddar or a Stilton blue. Keep in mind that cheese is not meant to be mass produced and local cheeses will always be superior.

Dear retard, this "cheese" is really just a milk product that is useful in certain applications, particularly, a cheeseburger. The milk actually amplifies meaty flavors. If you are making a cheeseburger but don't want the cheese to distract from the flavor of the meat, American cheese is suitable. Sorry that this triggers you to outlaw it

american cheese melts really well and it makes an excellent addition to burgers and sandwiches.

Also, good luck making grilled cheese with brie or stilton bleu maggot cheese, faggot.

There's no reason to put faux cheese on a burger. Burgers are fine without cheese. Only fat people do this.

>grilled cheese
Yes, that's a pleb food. Why would you even bother eating something like this? There is no nutritional value in it. The only thing it will nourish is the zit farm you call a face and the ocean of fat you call your ass.

Moving the goalposts

Actually fake cheese on burgers is the reason I posted in the first place.

>Burgers are fine without cheese.
>Actually fake cheese on burgers is the problem

You don't even know what point you're trying to make.

OP is pretty clear. Post pleb tier foods or GTFO. It wasn't an invitation for you to come defend the chicken tendies your mom made you.

>There is no nutritional value in it.
If that's the only reason you eat, I hope you're staying away from shit like crème brûlée.

I'm not defending chicken tendies, I'm defending the use of American cheese, which is basically a slice of milk. I would not call it pleb food. In fact, in the case of a burger, I would call a person a pleb for feeling to need to opt for some expensive "artisanal local" cheese (read: cheese they overpaid for at Whole Foods) just for the sake of being contrarian and gaining coolkid tryhard points for not using a processed cheese slice. Rant over.

Stilton on a burger is divine. There's no reason to eat plastic "cheese", ever.

Except for the one I mentioned earlier.

>divine

Stop talking like a housewife.

You were wrong though, you simply have a child's palate adapted to chemically stabilised waste products of food manufacturing.

Don't feel bad, it's your parents fault.

I love how cunty these threads can get. It's a delight to read through them.

>talking
>online imageboard

What was it

>American Cheese
Unironically the best cheese for burgers.

If you like some kind of food, eat it. If you don't like it, don't eat it. Who gives a shit what any one else likes or thinks about it. It's not your job to judge people based off what they eat. It's Gods job to judge humans. You are not God.

God's job to judge humans. Humans job to judge burger-cheese.

1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

BECAUSE IT TASTES GOOD YOU CUNT

Yeah I don't see any mentionof burger-cheese in there

Don’t be quick to condemn someone else’s actions. God is patient, but He doesn’t overlook anyone’s disobedience, especially yours (Romans 2:1-5).

I don't think burgercheese was a thing back in those days

Coming from somebody who (briefly) worked at a Kraft processing center, this "cheese" (they legally have to refer to it as a pasteurized milk product) is fucking terrible. We were advised to scrape the excess week old cheese from a processing machine and mix some chemicals within it to actually make it edible. Just to give you an idea of how this trash is made.

Blue cheese is best cheese!

Yeah man I use to work at Hersheys chocolate factory and we were told to shit into the chocolate bin and not the toilets so they could save money. They would then mix in chemicals to sterilize it and nobody ever knew LOL it was so great

>The milk actually amplifies meaty flavors.

>I can only make grilled cheese with fake processed cheese product

On a Goddamn Food & Cooking board, too.

Blessed are the cheesemakers.

Cheddar melts just fine if you put a lid on the pan or stick it under the broiler. Brie is already pretty soft. Stilton would be crumbled in amongst some more meltable cheese.

>because it was not viable to make real cheese available to the large and geographically widespread population of the US,
YOU WHAT NOW?
Stop spreading misinformation, dumbass. People made cheese wherever they went, as long as they could get milk from an animal (usually oxen, the family cow, goats, or sheep).

Americans started out making their own version of cheddar cheese. And they made so much, that by the late 1800s, they were exporting as much as 355 pounds a year.
PROCESSED cheese, which is what you are referring to by "American cheese" as we know it today, was actually invented in Switzerland, in 1911. It was mass marketed here in the US first by James Kraft, as a means to make a low-cost cheese that was easily accessible to po' folks and would be shelf stable longer, versus the more expensive cheddars.
Another fun fact: the original American cheddar cheeses were called "store cheese" and processed cheese was called "factory cheese".

>355 pounds a year.
Oops, that should say "355 MILLION pounds".

God, some people have such sticks up their ass. American cheese is actually pretty good when you get it from the deli (thanks Alton Brown). Just use it on burgers, grilled cheese, and maybe cheese fries. You're preaching to the fucking choir when you say shit like "go to the market and find a cheese from your local dairy or find a nice import from well known regions." It's the goddamn Food and Cooking board. Everyone already knows this you condescending shit.

>Everyone already knows this

Then why do most people here keep buying the same shitty stuff from a supermarket deli that tastes mediocre at best?

My thought is that despite the assertion that "everyone knows to go buy good cheese", relatively few people actually have. Because they lack that basis of comparison the crappy stuff tastes OK to them. It's like someone still playing 8-bit games while being deliberately avoiding modern games.

While I agree Kraft singles (and all the brands and generics like them) are garbage, American cheese is great for melting on burgers and sandwiches. For anyone who has doubts, try making your own homemade American cheese (aka Processed Cheese). It's not hard at all, and you can use a variety of cheeses to make one so tasty and so melty, you'll change your mind about processed cheese. Or just buy the good American cheese from the deli. Even that autistic fuck Chris Kimball will defend the merits of American cheese when used in melty applications like mac and cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches. And I'm a cheese snob, and I still will defend it's merits.

Agreed. I also consider myself a cheese snob, and there are just some applications where the texture of that highly-processed bullshit is just perfect. For a cheeseburger "kraft singles" are perfect. For most other applications they are shit incarnate.

I really can't do individually wrapped cheese slices like kraft singles. It just tastes like straight up tangy gelatin to me.

>American cheese is actually pretty good when you get it from the deli (thanks Alton Brown)
the stuff in the deli is no different. Plastic cheese is plastic cheese
and I wouldn't believe a word fuckface altered brownose says

Margarine and other partially hydrogenated oils (and the products that contain them)
Breakfast cereals
HFCS sodas

They are produced and marketed with great contempt for the consumers that buy them.

then what the fuck is the point of Veeky Forums

This thread makes me want to make a big, fat, grilled ham and cheese.

Why do people say that people eat this no one eats this shit on anything other than grilled cheeses everyone knows its not real cheese we go to the deli and get normal cheese

Oh god you too?
I worked at Pillsbury, and when our supply of icing for toaster strudels was running low, corporate made us cum into the fill tank to keep production active. Pretty fucked up.